Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

I notice that tape on his wrist too ytd.... *since you mentioned tape, Hendra's calf was taped too if u notice during livestream, is it the same injured calf back in AE?*

btw today I saw Marcus's dad (Mr. Kurniahu) watching their match too. He congratulated them when they were leaving courtside.....

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I didn't notice Hendra's calf. Hardly able to see anything from the lousy streaming. Using VPN for streaming cost me the video quality at times. Was it his right calf that injured in AE?

Oh wow, he came to Singapore just to see Marcus playing here? Nice

3. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

I went to google for AE pics, yea cConfirmed its the same calf, Hendra used blue taping today......

If all is well, Hope Both Minion and Hendra/Ahsan win tomorrow and INA will have 1 MD title hahahaha am I thinking too far ahead? lol

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Let me try to translate this, not sure if I am being accurate as I don't recognize some of the vocabularies.

Kevin/Marcus's comments post QF match:

"We have learnt a lot from our defeat last time. I have also discussed with Kevin about how we want to do this. So we can both feel good and right about our game. We still made many unforced errors last time, many of our shots were loose and with less accuracy. We are doing better now"
    said Marcus.

"Of course we must be patient when we play them (Kam/Son), because the Japanese are well known for their persistence and resilience. They could maintain their focus for long too. So we need to be more focused than usual," Kevin said.

"We are going to focus on one thing at a time, but we will definitely do our best. More evaluation and communication between ourselves on how we want to play the game," Marcus continued.

rhoder, wade and twawawau like this.
  5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

As long as minions keeping their good form and their focused, they should do well against Kam/Son.

Judging from Li's condition today, all INA MD final might not be too far fetched. He was forcing himself to smash killers in G1 but couldn't retain it in G2 or G3. I saw him rubbing his wrist or lower arm at times.
    As long as Ahsan/Hendra could play the right strategy and minimize their errors, they could do it:)

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I just found out that a minion called Kevin actually exists (in the movie, of course). Was this the reason why Kevin and Marcus, called minions? I thought it was only because of their petite (than averaged) stature. :D:D:D:D:D
    Kevin the fearless, it says.

[​IMG]

7. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

Hahaha actually Minions nickname given by an Indonesian fan in SG name Stephanie Zen https://twitter.com/stephaniezen because of their height and they are jumping around when they play (fyi stephanie zen is badminton lover and book author too)

Thats how it started then it went viral and widely discussed, Kevin Marcus explained how they got the nickname on Indonesian national TV show as well.

Many news media reported the origin of minion nickname too, one of it is this link below. in indonesian =)

https://www.viva.co.id/sport/raket/...pemberi-julukan-the-minions-bagi-kevin-marcus

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

if so stable then why have less titles than Kevin?

Certainly u cant fit someone characteristic into certain person..

9. wade

wade Regular Member

Kevin looks like a 17 years old boy with that hairstyle lol

10. wade

wade Regular Member

Ahhh so @02:52 that's the airswing that @twawawau talking about :D

From this video it looks like fajri didn't play with the same pace as last week, it almost like they didn't want to be there o_O was that happen only in the second game, or fajri also played like this in the first game ? @twawawau

11. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

Thats right, not much attack since the begining and they were not lively, not as fierce as compare to INA master (Jan) where they played 3 games. If you recall since AG, Fajri fought like mad, its rubber games and tight scorelines. Ytd was just different totally.

I was holding my thought back from commenting abt fajri since ytd because they lost the match in the end. and to avoid fajri fans attacking me lol.

So my thoughts were further affirmed after reading fajri post match interview Fajar mentioned they werent IN to the game and Minions were all IN since the begining. When they want to catch up, its much more difficult.

wade likes this.
  12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That doesn't make sense at all

13. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Positive signs that they are communicating regarding strategy on their own. Always felt they kinda lacked a strategy when their fast paced game doesn’t work against opponents, leading to Kevin trying to get to a lot of shots while Gideon not quite clear in his positioning which made them scramble a lot

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yes.
    Marcus has lost some of his speed off his footwork since last year. I always thought that Kevin was almost never aware during the game that Marcus was no longer able to keep up. Many times he played some shots and expected Marcus to get the next one but Marcus wasn't even there.

15. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

Devastated !!!!!!!!!

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Alright, minions lost their match against Kam/Son. No idea what's so bad about the further end, drifts that awful? The moment they changed ends, it went all Kam/Son's way.

But they did quite well to not lose that far in G3. I was worried they would have gotten too far behind when they changed ends.
    Kamura was on fire today and Kevin lost his touch since G2.

Many lucky net cords and lucky mishit from the JPN today (including Marcus when he hit the tape and shuttle bounced wide:eek:). Kevin kept on losing his sharpness when they go to a deciding game lately compared to his usual fired up self. Hmmm... :cool::cool:

Marcus has been making many errors too in the past months when he used to be more solid of the two.

Well, hope they learned a lot more from today's match too.
    Last time minions lost in SF, Ginting won the title.

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I tend to think that tournaments will never end. Even when they won, there next ones.

Of course, i feel its a bit of waste here coz they almost reach Final. and its the title they never win yet.

Of course the next tournament that they havent won is WC.

18. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

When minion lost in AE R1, their coach comment, its fine to lose the match now rather than later, They used to win which is becoming ordinary, losing is extraordinary for minions.

So lets get ourselves used to minions losing eh? Hahahaha

19. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

I had same thought too abt that side of court where ZSW HYQ, CTC lost but kento won there lol

#3359 twawawau, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Haha well I felt it was like WC or CO all over again. Kevin with his awful serves, weak defenses and bad control.
    But they have played good matches in this tournament too, so I guess not as bad as last year.