French Open 2007 - Day 6 - Nov 4th - Finals

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by robin7, Nov 3, 2007.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Lee Chong Wei vs Bao Chunlai - Lee has been phenomenal without dropping a game enroute to the final while Bao who beat his teammate LD for the first time this year will be so motivated to win his first title of the year. A 55:45 game in Lee's favor..

Xie Xingfang vs Pi Hongyan - A 60:40 game in Xie's favor. Having the homeground support, Pi is all fired up after knocking down Lu Lan and Zhang Ning.

Fu Haifeng-Cai Yun vs Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah - The MAS veterans have been playing very well this week and they will be all out to redeem themselves after sufferring a shock defeat in round one of last week's Danish Open. Fu/Cai are so motivated to avenge their losses at WC and Macau Open. Choong/Lee to win in 3 thrilling sets.

Wei Yili-Zhang Yawen vs Zhao Tingting-Yu Yang - The top seeds should win.

Xie Zhong Bo-Zhang Yawen vs Flandy Limpele-Vita Marissa - A 45:55 game and the INA pair should it.

2. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei vs Bao Chunlai - 65-35. LCW is in phenomenal form. I'll have to agree that he's the only guy that can truly beat LD at the moment...so Bao will continue to be Mr Runner Up, for now..

Xie Xingfang vs Pi Hongyan - 55-45. Xie is in good form but Pi seems to be on a roll, with the support of the home crowd. However, Pi has been runner up in the last 2 french opens ((?)correct me if I'm wrong), and not sure if she can make it this time.

Fu Haifeng-Cai Yun vs Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah- I think this is 50-50 match, but if it goes to rubber, the Chinese will win it as they are younger with greater stamina.

Wei Yili-Zhang Yawen vs Zhao Tingting-Yu Yang - As part of LYB's scenario to raise Zhao/Yu's ranking. Yawn.

Xie Zhong Bo-Zhang Yawen vs Flandy Limpele-Vita Marissa - 45-55 for the INdonesians, hope they can bring INA's sole title tomorrow.

3. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

At last year's AE, MAS was humiliated by having 3 pairs of MD in semis but ended up letting CHN takle the title.

Now, can LCW turn the table and execute revenge for MAS by winning French SS title despite of having CHN occupied 3 semi slots?

Being one of the three still active MD pairs in the world who are having better head-to-head records against Feng Yun to date (the other two pairs are KKK/TBH and LP/JR), , CTF/LWW has proven twice that stamina is not necessarily an issue to them - i.e., they managed to beat CY/FHF in 3 sets in 2 occasions - the latest was at WC'07 (and at the third set, the score was 21-19, a really energy-draining set and yet CTF/LWW made it).

#3 Inky2000, Nov 3, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Lee Chong Wei vs Bao Chunlai :
    Should be a good one and CW will be the favorite base on his current form, however, Bao's confidence is flying high after defeated Lin Dan and now facing CW who he beat just 1 week ago. If Bao able to defend as well as they last encountered then Bao shall emerge as winner. Advantage CW with fresher body.

Xie Xingfang vs Pi Hongyan :
    Unless Pi plays extra ordinary or Xie nerves get to her again like in World Championship, I don't see how Xie can lose. Can local crowd forceful enough to push Pi over Xie? Unlikely, as the fanatics still stay here in BF :D

Fu Haifeng-Cai Yun vs Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah :
    Under normal circumstances, I would say Lee/Choong have Fu/Cai number but not in the final. The Malaysian pair has proven they can beat any pair, any where, any time except in the final. They can beat no one in the final except their own countryman and that tradition will continue, unfortunately.

Wei Yili-Zhang Yawen vs Zhao Tingting-Yu Yang :
    Next ...

Xie Zhong Bo-Zhang Yawen vs Flandy Limpele-Vita Marissa :
    I like the Indonesian pair, very flexible, experience and creative.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Wow, it should be..

..one heck of a 1 titillating Finals for the home crowd as well as many BCers in here...With many very2 interesting rematches set on the table for the Finals.:cool:.

- Lady Pi will be out to redeem herself against XXF, after the former's defeat in this yr's All England WS Final..It should be one entertaining match. And i have the feeling the crowd will be buzzing and in full support of their Badminton Lady...:cool:
    - CTF & LWW vs. CY & FHF, the 2 nemesis meet again. Another rematch of these 2 pairs, who seem to meet each other at every tourneys..:p:cool:
    - LCW vs. BCL. This one should provide some firecracker. I'm sure all the injuries talk, suffered by LCW, from last week's Denmark Open, will surf up again...Will LCW fight thru the pain and redeem himself this time around??...
    We shall see all of it later today...And let all the talks of his "supposed" injury resumes...:p

#5 ctjcad, Nov 3, 2007
  6. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

Let me do the dirty work, and get it started...

When a player really is injured, he more than likely play like Chen Jin did today.

When Lin Dan hurt himself in Swiss open, he couldn't even get a point from Simon in the 2nd set, and had to forfeit at 6-0... forget about owning Simon like LCW did.

When two top players are both playing injured, the score line should not be 21-8, 21-8...

As good as Taufik is, when he played Lin Dan(who was injury-free) in Thomas cup 06 bearing injury, he lost 21-16, 21-8... and Taufik even lost to Sato from Japan... Not even close to what LCW is doing so far... that is just B.S.

All this talk about worry of hurting himself more... is nothing but B.S. He is PERFECTLY FINE FROM THE START!!!!!!!

I honestly like to find out how you can heal a hurt knee in a few days... I am only 4 years older than LCW, and I need about a week to 10 days to heal my sore knee(after my tournament) even without playing a tight schedule like him.

#6 bananakid, Nov 3, 2007
  7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i watched that match live......he was really troubled by his knee injury. playing an extremely slow game, non attacking game at all, like playing ala Morten Frost style. no diving saves..........even sometimes he knew that he could save the shots by doing it.

nothing that i've seen from LCW these few years, playing so slowly, afraid to further deteriorate the injury, my granny can move faster (kidding)......:D:D:D

#7 alfa-2, Nov 3, 2007
  8. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Then how slow was Chen Jin??? Was he like much worse, because that's what the score-line suggested... At the same time, if LCW wasn't suffering from knee pain, then I guess Chen Jin would have lost with a lower score???:confused:

9. well-son

well-son Regular Member

alfa-2, so you watched the game live...
    Then what about CJ? Why did he played so bad? Was he seriously injured as well? Just really curious... LCW's winning is understandable, cos he is really a good player, but I did not expect the result was 8-21, 8-21 in LCW favour. What was happening to CJ?

10. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Chen Jin was definitely moving faster than LCW, attacking LCW most of the time.......just that LCW played extremely well and anticipated most of Chen Jin's shots, LCW played a class higher than Chen Jin despite both were having injuries at that time........behaving much like an in form KKK in front of the net.........

and yes, chen jin would have gotten a lower score. and chen jin only showed his pain (face expression) on his injury in the middle of 2nd game when LCW was leading faraway.

#10 alfa-2, Nov 3, 2007
  11. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

Chen Jin looks so dizzy. I don't know what's wrong with him but he was definitely not himself. During the 2nd set, I thought he would retire. After each rally, he would bend for some time and take some more time before being ready to receive the next serve.

12. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    I think CJ became clueless when LCW put on a totally different game plan........lobbing more (at least 3 times as more), a game plan that wouldn't differ much from yang yang or hanjian. CJ could have done better if he was a smarter player like LD (i think LD is the best MS thinker currently) or BCL.........figuring a way to counter the new but injured LCW.

Besides all these, he was carrying a back injury as well.

13. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    yeah, i saw Chen Jin shaking his head like he was drowsy, squatting down a few times after middle of 2nd set.

14. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I have not doubted LCW's talent. I know he can beat Chen Jin with or without injury. However, today was entirely different. Something is really wrong with Chen Jin. Trust me. He looks drowsy.:confused:

15. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Originally Posted by fastdrop [​IMG]
    Chen Jin appears ok in the first set. LCW's pending shots taught Chen Jin to dance the "cha cha". LCW has totally controlled the tempo of the match.
    During the 2nd set, CJ looks dizzy. I can't tell if he is tired but something was so wrong he could hardly be ready for the next serve.
    I was so impressed with the gesture of LCW in the final minutes of the 2nd match. Instead of pounding the last nail to CJ's coffin, LCW merely gives CJ clear shots waiting for him to commit an error which CJ eventually did. A true gentlemen. He did not step on a fallen foe. Bravo LCW.

yeah they each lobbed for like 14 times continuously before CJ gave the match point to LCW by hitting the shuttle out.;) it reminded me of those days where we're trained to do lobbings.

#15 alfa-2, Nov 3, 2007
  16. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Bao CL 49-51 LCW
    Bao & LCW so far had good result, still predict LCW but yesterday team order maybe prepared for this match because their last meeting won by BCL (It's like Bunga Citra Lestari). Like CHN always send BCL to beat Taufik.
    Fu/Cai 57-43 CTF/LWW
    No doubt that no CHN MD except Fu/Cai that can get a minimal final result. So, it's a prestige for CHN. Also CTF/LWW has a tremendous pressure on their back. Still Fu/Cai has the edge
    Xxf 49,5-50,5 Pi
    Not a good match for XXF on last match, and a nice play by Pi, should place Pi on the predicition.
    WY/ZYW 00-00 ZT/YY
    It could be team order and it must be boring. It must be an easy match for ZYW, cos she is prepared only for mix double.
    Flandy/Vita 55-45 XZB/ZYW
    Hmm, all the second pairs from the best XD countries (CHN vs INA). With their experience, Flandy/Vita should win!

17. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    bananakid, did you even watch the match? Here you are again trying to make unfound allegations against Lee. Everyone that watched the match, and I suspect this does not include you, agreed that Lee was injured. Slower movement, more passive play ala Morten. So can you seriously stop bullshitting and just accept that Lee is injured for once?

18. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    :DLD don't want to play against LEE CW , so he gave up yesterday!!:cool:
    My prediction:
    LEE CW vs BAO CL-----60% to 40%
    CTF/LWW vs FENG-YUN-----50% to 50%
    ZHANG/WEI vs YU/ZHAO-----60% to 40%
    Flandy/Vita vs XIE ZB/ZHANG YW-----55% to 45%
    XIE XF vs PI Hong Yan-----100% to 0%

I think 99.99% people in this forum will predict LEE to win his third Super Series title.

#18 LI De Quan, Nov 3, 2007
  19. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

My Prediction : Lee CW, Pi HY, CTF/LWW, Zhang/Wei and Flandy/Vita are the champions 2day....

20. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

OMG! What happened to your De Quan? The prediction I expected from you is like

BCL - LCW 50:50, F/Y - C/L 55:45, X/Z - F/V: 51:49...

Oh I see, the reason is that you want to predict XXF - PHY 100:0... :D