French Open 2007 - Day 6 - Nov 4th - Finals

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by robin7, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Winnie Lim1314

Winnie Lim1314 Regular Member

hmm...you are right!LCW not really performed well yesterday...he h slowed down his speed yesterday,maybe due to his injury...i think Chen Jin
    was also injured,we can thru the game two,his leg seem like very pain...this is my opinion...Anyway,hope LCW can win the match later!LCW boleh!!Malaysia Boleh!!!:D

2. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant
    I felt LCW played well yesterday and he slowed down on purpose in the 2nd half , especially after CJ indicates he (CJ) had an injury, I felt that is really a Gentleman of LCW.

3. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    Another version of vching!!
    :cool:Both your heart and head say MAS should win or MAS will win !!:D
    But you wrote like this:BCL over LCW,CY/FHF Over LWW/CTF.
    I think you have held against your will.:D
    Hope all you said(BCL over LCW,CY/FHF Over LWW/CTF) can come true this night!!:D

4. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I was watching the match between LCW & CJ live. Obviously, LCW was injured and he couldn't move very well during the warm-up. CJ, on the other hand, seemed has not recovered from his previous match against PG, looked tired and drowsy as fastdrop who was in the stadium confirmed. LCW did not make a single smash but relied on his precise placements, deceptive dropshots, wonderful lobs, patient rallies and anticipated most of the shots by CJ to secure the 1st game. LCW started to make a few smashes in the 2nd game. Whenever CJ played some seemingly unreturnable shots, LCW had better answers. It frustrated CJ and CJ was just smiling and shaking his head in many occasions. In the 2nd game while trailing far behind, CJ showed some signal of back injuries. He squatted after each point and everybody thought he would have retired since then but he continued to finish the match. LCW sealed the match 21-8 21-8 in just 32 mins. Frankly, even CJ was not tired and injured, LCW could have still beaten him convincingly. LCW was incredible and almost flawless. Another solid performance by LCW.

I hope this will give those who didn't watch the match a rough idea on how LCW beat CJ.

#64 robin7, Nov 4, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  5. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

You are indeed a sour grape, dude! When someone is supporting your country men, you can't just give him/her the benefit of the doubt that he is sincere. Yet when he/she is against, you become so overly protective... mmm... such a cynic!

6. jiayou

jiayou Regular Member

Bao Chun Lai will win for this first ever French Open Super Series 2007 :)
    People might know him as Mr. Runner Up, but will remember him as the first Men Single Winner of French Open 2007 ^0^ .... jiayou Chun Lai.

Pi Hong Yan also will win at Homeground .... go go go Hong Yan :)

7. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Ya lah, another hypocrite...

8. rexymania

rexymania Regular Member

technical
    robin............i prefer lcw meet lin dan rather than bcl.........cause bcl already know lcw style of play....:D:D:D

9. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    ROFL same same lar. You're being funny right :D:D:D

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

To, LI DeQuan,

Hey,..there...yes what i wrote is my prediction....not the results i prefer to see....of cos,..deep inside my heart..i wanted to see LCW and LWW/CTF to win....but based on waht i see...i feel...and my own analysis...thus this is what i predicted...;)

Dont mixed up a prediction and the results U prefer,....its different..:cool:

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

No,...i support MAS players..

I m just making a prediction.....not saying who i support here in the forum..;)

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Let me give you my take based on what I saw on TV (which you obviously did not have the chance to).
    CJ started off brightly but LCW did not play his normal attacking game because of his LEFT (not the RIGHT which has the standard white tape) knee inflammation(quite extensively taped).That was the problem.CJ had not done his video homework because there was none.LCW's physical speed was slow (as in it's not his usual weapon) but what he lost ,he compensated incredibly with mental speed (as in taking shots faster like fastdrop said).As a result,his tactics were amazing and he was controlling CJ.CJ had to run all over the court, including some twists and turns, which probably caused some injury. In G2, CJ was clearly injured but true to the sportsmanship that he's known for, he chose to play the match to its normal conclusion(same as LCW in his SF vs BCL) rather than the easier, understandable option of retiring.LCW was also in a difficult position,playing a clearly injured opponent.Should he continue to be ruthless and end CJ's misery quickly or should he give CJ some redeeming points? LCW gave CJ some points before speeding up the end.The last point was, as alfa said,a lobbing practice. It went on until CJ got the hint and hit out.
    If LCW were utterly ruthless, the score for G2 would have been 21-2.
    I feel sorry for CJ. He was totally lost and may take some time to get his confidence back.I hope he won't be drawn against LCW for a while. May he rest well and recover properly from his injury, both physically and mentally.

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes,..i agreed...just watched the video....it seem like CJ injury started when he try to retrieve a net shot from LCW in game 2...i saw he sort of twisted his leg....so sorry for him..:crying:..hope he will recover fast....he is indeed a good example with excellent sportmanship......:p

14. yyclub

yyclub Regular Member

No offend to China support. I am too boring seeing China players dominant this sport, as long as not China player I will support.
    LCW, LWW/CTF, Pi go and get them.:)

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    the rising sun brand yonex is too dominant in badminton gears, why dun u support non-yonex players instead:rolleyes: LOL

#75 cooler, Nov 4, 2007
  16. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    hey, whats wrong with being me!!! :D :D :D

#76 vching, Nov 4, 2007
  17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

18. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

That means LCW may have injured but it was compensated by his clever game play. Let's see if he is able to overcome this disadvantage yet again when he faces the fitter (but probably relatively more tired due to yesterday's 3-game match) BCL.

Anyway, couldn't wait till next Thu. So just calculated the forthcoming world rankings of MS and MD.

MS:
    1(-) LD
    2(-) LCW (no matter he wins or losses today)
    3(-) BCL (no matter he wins or losses today)
    4(-) CJ
    5(-) PG
    6(+1) Sony
    7(+2) TH
    8(-) KJ
    9(-3) CY
    10(+1) Simon
    11(-1) CH
    12(-) BP
    13(+1) Wacha
    14(+1) PSH
    15(-2) WCH
    16(-) Sato
    17(+1) Susilo
    18(-1) LTS
    19(-) Hafiz
    20(-) Ng Wei

MD
    1(-) KKK/TBH
    2(-) CY/FHF
    3(-) MK/HS
    [If CTF/LWW wins today, then:
    4(+2) CTF/LWW
    5(-) JJS/LYD
    If CY/FHF wins today, then:
    4(+1) JJS/LYD
    5(+1) CTF/LWW
    ]
    6(-2) CW/TG
    7(-) JE/MLH
    8(-) LJJ/HJM
    9(-) Luluk/Alvent
    10(+1) Hendra/Riyadi
    11(+4) Ohtsuka/Masuda
    12(-) Sakamoto/Ikeda
    13(+5) GZD/XZB
    14(-1) Njoto/Wiratama
    15(+1) Logosz/Mateusiak
    16(-2) TBS/OSH
    17(-7) LP/JS (drastic drop as they will lose 8,000 points which they earned at the last DO, held exactly a year ago)
    18(-1) Simon/Anders
    19(+1) Zakry/Fairuzizuan
    20(+1) Saputra/Wijaya
    21(-2) Clair/Blair

19. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

so the order for today is MS, MD, WS, WD then XD?? Is it accurate???

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    Very true...I feel sad for him too:( CJ is one of the players that I admire....it was a little heartbreaking to see him like he was yesterday:( I do hope that his injury is not really serious and for him to have a speedy recovery:eek: However, I cannot deny that I'm happy to see LCW in the finals:)