fixe clamp for stinger 3600/3800

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by milou, Feb 3, 2018.

1. milou

milou Regular Member

Hello all
    Excuse my bad English
    Actually I've a machine stinger 3800 with this clamp (with tennishead 2086)
    https://www.extreme-tennis.fr/fr/accessoires-machines-a-corder/741-pince-premium-stringer.html

But to stringer BG66 ultimax at 14kg/31lg, it's very difficult, the string slips.
    Could you tell me if this clamp is better?
    https://www.racquetdepot.co.uk/penta-premium-stringer-badminton-clamp/
    https://www.wdstrings.com/penta-premium-stringer-badminton-clamp/

This clamp is compatible?
    So, what's the best clamp for stringer 3800 please?

Thanks a lot
    Best regards

2. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

The clamps is more or less the same! You need to go for a clamp with diamondcoated teeths if you want it stable on 30lbs!

Just check your clamps diameter, I think yours is 12mm thick so it's important that you go for a clamp with the same thickness!

The most common is 12mm or 12,2mm.

Look for someting like this...
    https://www.gamma-europe.com/High-End-Universal-Fixed-Clamp

3. milou

milou Regular Member

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

No offense, but the clamps in the video cost more than your whole machine. You can do a google search for the manufacturer "Toyozouki".

The best affordable clamps would be the clamps from Gamma that @Super85 hast already recommended. But again, make sure that they fit to your bases!

Possible alternatives would be the clamps from AEF (https://de.aliexpress.com/store/pro...35.html?spm=a2g0x.12010612.0.0.1803e809CRsKxY) which are available in both 12.0 mm and 12.2 mm. But please note that there have been several reports by other buyers that they have a certain spread in the pillar diameter which could cause issues with the bases.

No, that is not possible.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Just found these which could be also very interesting and should fit the PremiumStringer 3800:

4-Teeth version:
    https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...altezange-Badminton-Haltezange-Universal.html

5-Teeth:
    https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...o-Zentralhaltezange-Haltezange-Universal.html

They are in fact the same as the Gamma clamps and it's very likely that they come from the same manufactuerer. And another plus: You can order these from a very reliable shop in Europe.

6. bakjoul

bakjoul Regular Member

Hello guys,
    (Sorry to bump this thread.)

So what clamps did you get for your machine?
    I have a PS8700 and am trying to make sure that 12.0mm clamps can fit on it before ordering anything...

7. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

you can try stringer store in aliexpress,

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...l?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.65.75276649pHEeog

mine is due.. I noticed in the middle of the stringing a racket I have to tighten the clamp. But It's expensive, If I string a lot for customer I'll do it in heartbeat but I string no more than 20 rackets a year...

I hear that I can buy some diamond dust and glue some on the clamp.... maybe I'll do that...

#7 fanfaron, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  8. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Better go for the Gamma. The 12.0 mm from stringers store are too thick. You need to mod them to fit into the base. If I were you I would sell the machine and buy a Super Stringer. Much better package and make the total costs close if you can sell it in good condition. The next upgrade will be your bases and then you can buy a new machine for costs of bases and clamps.

9. bakjoul

bakjoul Regular Member

They are actually the clamps I am interested in. I'm just afraid they won't fit, I'm looking for someone who has them on a PS machine who could enlighten me...
    I'm gonna try measuring the diameter of my bases but it's approximate with a ruler...

10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I have a PS 3600 and order the 12.0 a few years ago. They didn't fit. The seller didn't helped and said it's 12.0. I brought mine to a metal working company nearby which made it for a few Euros, but after the diamond dusted surface felt out and a screw broke, I sold mine and bought the Gammas second hand.

11. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

Hi,
    So the post of stringers store is more like 12.05mm? good to know. Have you ever try to put some diamond dust on old clamp.

I have a old prince 3000. I noticed that in the middle of stringing a racket, I feel when I lock the clamp the pressure locking it is different from the begginning. At beggining I feel resistance from the lever and at the middle I feel it gets softer, it seems to me that the clamp doesn't clamp as good as in the beggining.

by the way I still hasn't finish the gosen pro 70 that you sent it to me.

12. bakjoul

bakjoul Regular Member

Ok I see, thanks for the heads up. Definitely not buying the AEFs then.

Are the Premium Stringer clamps bad?
    I'm now questioning myself whether I should invest in quality fixed clamps that I could keep for the future with a better machine, or invest in a best value clamp like the PS clamp if they arent too bad or save money for later and use flying clamps for the time being... (I'm still learning.)

13. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

I try a few time with flying clamp and I don't like it, I feel that the stringbed is not as tight. Also when doing the cross, the cross is not straight. end up losing tension...

But that's only me maybe...

14. bakjoul

bakjoul Regular Member

No, i think you're right. Using fixed clamps takes more time but seems better.
    I don't like the fact that the crosses are not straight with flying clamps either. They are squeezed, I don't think it's good. I only use it in the middle part as the strings are closer to each other.

15. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I have the PS badminton clamps for my PS8700, and they are okay up to 28-29 then on higher tensions the string can slip and broke. Can not be compared to like SS diamond dusted clamps that holds 30lbs by ease!

bakjoul likes this.
  16. bakjoul

bakjoul Regular Member

Just to make sure, the AEFs did not fit because they were poorly manufactured and were thicker than 12,0mm, right? :confused:
    So a quality 12,0mm clamp does fit on the PS machine if i get it right? Correct me if i'm wrong.

And you actually sold yours after it was worn out and a a screw broke..? :eek:

If 12,0mm fits, I'm now considering buying one of these :
    https://www.tennispro.fr/pince-centrale-metallique-de-rechange-3773.html
    The website seems reliable and ships from my country, the clamp looks better than the PS one and it's not as expensive as the higher range ones. Anyone having one of these by any chance?
    I have a similar looking one that was bought around 20-25 euros in the past. It's okay but slips on higher tensions. I hope it's not the same for a higher price. :(

I like how they replied to me asking them if they fit on the PS machines "the diameter of our clamp is 12,0mm, you should measure the diameter of the hole of your machine". o_O

#16 bakjoul, Nov 23, 2018
  17. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Yes! Mostly the clamp sizes is 12.0 or 12,2. Not many dealerships spec this on the sites, so make shure to ask for the centrum pin width so you get the right size, 12.0 and 12.2 are not the same size if you know what I mean. Like most Gamma, Premium Stringer, Tyger machines have 12.0 and most AEFs have 12.2

My clamps didn’t broke....I just bought a new machine! ;)

#17 Super85, Nov 23, 2018
    bakjoul likes this.
  18. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

19. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Yes, sorry I was thinking on base dimentions earlier, but anyhow those 11.95mm are the one I have that fit perfect for PS bases. Those swivelclams works fine if you not will string on higher tensions like 30+ with thin strings like AS and bg66.

The swivels from Tennispro with a 12.0mm dim will not fit in your 12mm base without some drilling mods like @ucantseeme did. Those are for bases with 12.2mm.

bakjoul likes this.
  20. bakjoul

bakjoul Regular Member

Their website looks really old lol.

Ok thank you for your help.
    I'm gonna get some 11.95mm clamps then.
    Which one exactly you say do you have?