fixe clamp for stinger 3600/3800

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by milou, Feb 3, 2018.

1. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

yes it's really old, also you cannot place order online, you have to call to order.

but I bought string (tennis) from them before

2. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

i took the time to measure the base post( where the clamp post would go in), and it's around 12.07mm
    So i guess the post need to be a little smaller something like 11.95. For sure if the post of the clamp is exactly12mm and the post of the clamp is exactly 12mm then it will not fit!!! so it makes sense that the post of the clamp is a little bit smaller than the post of the base.

3. bakjoul

bakjoul Regular Member

You're right.
    I tried to measure it on mine too. It looks like it's 12.0mm to me. Can't measure it really precisely but I think definitely need to get a 11,95mm clamp.

4. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

Premiumstringer machines normaly have 12,0 mm. As some user wrote you can use the Gamma or merco clamps. The clamp from tennispro will also fit and is cheaper. Bequause of your location is in france, and tennispro is in france i would recommend to buy the clamps there.

#24 Tennisman, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  5. bakjoul

bakjoul Regular Member

It wasn't very clear but from what I understood good 12,0mm clamps do fit on PS machines. I will look into it next week.

6. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

I think it is exact the opposit. I tlooks like this is the same clamp as Gamma or merco. Normaly this clamps cost more then 120,- Euro. So if you buy it at tennispro you can save a lot of money. Unbelieveable but this Price is much lower then the price we pay if we buy the clamp from gamma.

So the best choice for you is to buy this clamp. You have a high Quality clamp with a super price

s_mair likes this.
  7. bakjoul

bakjoul Regular Member

Probably cheaper than Gamma's because not at the same level of quality. Hopefully they are better than my 20-25€ one.
    I just hope they fit well. I might get them if you guys confirm that 12,0mm are supposed to fit in PS machines.

I thought I would get some Gamma's in 1 or 2 years along with a better tensioner/whole machine but the only clamps I might get at the moment are those from tennispro. Provided that they fit.

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

There has been an older thread in which another poster ordered these clamps and compared them to the "original" Gammas. They were identical. So basically, both are made by the same OEM. It's not like Gamma manufactures their clamps themselves. So yeah, that's a hell of a good price for that high quality clamps.

bakjoul likes this.
  9. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    12mm AEF fit the base towers on my 3600, but I had ordered new bases anyway.

10. adrianh

adrianh Regular Member

Could i ask what bases did you get for your 3600? I'd like to upgrade the base and clamp - the base doesn't move around smoothly. Everything works, but i'd just like a quality of life upgrade

11. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
  12. adrianh

adrianh Regular Member

13. adrianh

adrianh Regular Member

#33 adrianh, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  14. MrTraitor

MrTraitor Regular Member

1.jpg

adrianh likes this.
  15. adrianh

adrianh Regular Member

thanks, but what do you use to adjust it? I don't see any adjustment screw head in there

<edit> Nvm, figured it out! all it needed was a 3mm allen key. everything is working now and it is glorious!

#35 adrianh, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You need to use and Allen key, don't know the exact size though. Align the base at a 90° angle with the rail and you will get access to the adjustment screw on the inside.

adrianh likes this.
  17. adrianh

adrianh Regular Member

the allen key had to be inserted at an angle, which is why it wasn't immediately obvious to me. Time to cut up my aerobite boost and replace it with the regular aerobite!

18. previah

previah New Member

Sorry to wake up an old threat.

I'm also considering to buy this base clamp. But the height from the base to the top of the 'tube', as mentioned in the site, is 97mm.This dimension is only ~75mm for the standard base clamp of PS3600, if I've measured it correctly. This means more than 25mm height difference. Can the clamp still be put under the racket/string?

Another thing is that the thickness of the base plate should be 9.3mm, whilst PS3600 is thinner. But I guess you can remedy this with the following:

Https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...l?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.13.15fbe809xbQwQY

Attached Files: