European Preliminaries - Lineups

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup 2010 Preliminaries' started by jsteve, Feb 2, 2010.

1. yan_brot

yan_brot Regular Member

civil servant
    i still cant get it..
    anyone plz gimme an enlightenment...hihihihii :confused::confused::confused:

2. press100

press100 Regular Member

Science Officer
    yeah, me too...:D

3. jsteve

jsteve Regular Member

8.2 A player shall be qualified to represent a Member Association providing the player is in good standing with that Member Association and satisfies Regulations 8.2.1 and either 8.2.2 or 8.2.3:
    8.2.1 holds a passport of a country whose territory the Member Association has jurisdiction over;
    8.2.2 has not represented any other Member Association for three years immediately preceding the date of the tournament;

4. badders7

badders7 Regular Member

She will be out for at least another 3-4 months. She has been told to take 3 months completely off training as there has been no real progress shown with her foot injury.

I very much doubt you will see her at the highest level in 2010. 3 months with no training brings us to May, which then means she will have been injured for a year (her problems began at Sudirman Cup last year). And 3 months is the best case scenario as I understand it, so could be longer. Will then take her quite some time to get back in form. It's a sad story, but can't do anything but to wish her a good recovery.

5. badders7

badders7 Regular Member

Bonde got injured at the nationals, so now Rasmussen is on the team.

Unfortunately Mollyhus got injured last night at a leaguematch (fears a broken finger), so he might be out as well. Wonder what they will do then as it is too late to register new players (i think)

Saying that Rasmussen/Paaske is in semi-retired mood is not true. This reason behind this selection is no different from the selection made two years ago. Denmark is strong enough to win this event without having to field their strongest team all the way through. So they select a combination of younger players who can gain experience (but are still strong enough to bet second-tier players from other european countries) and experienced top players who can give them safe wins.
    2 years ago in Holland Paaske/Rasmussen also stayed home, while Gade, Jonassen, Eriksen/Lundgaard didn't arrive until the quarter-final match.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gade, Boe/Mogensen will arrive in Poland only for the semi final and final. Denmark should be able to beat all their group contestants easily anyway. Hungary, Iceland, Finland and Croatia wont have the strength to beat a danish team with this line-up:

1 MS: Jan Ø Jørgensen
    2 MS: Joachim Persson
    3 MS: Hans-Kristian Vittinghus

1 MD: Kasper Henriksen/Anders Kristiansen
    2 MD: Jonas Rasmussen/Mollyhus or either one of the mens singles

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I like their approach..

..should serve the young players good (gaining experience). For the European Prelims, they just need to qualify for the Final Rd. and go from here. Best of luck..:cool:

7. jsteve

jsteve Regular Member

You mean Thamar, I think...;)

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[​IMG] Who? Me?! My lips are sealed [​IMG] (the camera lens covers better not be :D)

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Put up or shut up?

Ukraine - Netherlands: 3-0

Time: Fri 2/19/2010 6:00 PM

Draw: European Men's Team Championships 2010

MS1
    Dmytro Zavadsky [UKR] -[NED] Rune Massing
    21-12 21-13 [1-0 0:31]

MS2
    Valeriy Atrashchenkov [UKR] - [NED] Lester Oey
    21-12 21-12 [1-0 0:32]

MS3
    Vladyslav Druzchenko [UKR] -[NED] Saber Afif
    21-13 19-21 21-13 [1-0 0:59]

10. jsteve

jsteve Regular Member

Exactly, Gade and Boe/Mogensen arrived on Friday to Warsaw. See also: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wien-Austria/Peter-Gade/215968405625