English Nationals 2008

Discussion in '2008 Tournaments' started by Ben Beckman, Jan 28, 2008.

1. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    hehe - harry wright managed a whole 6 minutes before retiring...

all the seeds thru apart from james allison - altho losing to chris dakin, who has always been a dark horse..

well done ben - think you should get past Wrigley to set up a meeting with Nathan Rice in the quarters..

Constable vs Honey should be a good game..

2. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Nationals 08

Hi coops
    Hope you're doing good......

Thanks that you're keeping us updated, Seems you're there in velodrome. I'm a cousin and a very good friend of Aamir GHAFFAR. My name is Jalil. So could you please take photos of him if possible for you and if allowed. I'll be very thankful. HE ofcourse doesn't look good with that long beard though....hehehehe.........Hope to hear from you soon.......

P.S some guys have been asking about Nick Kidd, so let me tell you that he's had a wrist surgery so He's been off for a few months, He will be back within one or two months..........Wish him Qiuck recovery........

3. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Interesting although I think Kejurnas in INA is more prestigious but this one is all rite seems to be well attended...

Ayo Indonesia!

4. coops241180

Product Owner
    hi there - unfortunately i'm not in the velodrome - couldn't get accreditation at such short notice unfortunatley... perhaps next year.

if you visit this website: http://www.nationalbadmintonchamps.co.uk it's got plenty of information and reasonably up to date results and pictures of a lot of the players - i've seen some pics of aamir on there too..

ben's out of the competition now tho - he did well - managing to take a game off nathan rice. the semi's should be real good. mark constable is looking fairly hot.. be interesting to see what ouseph does with him.. and aamir vs nathan rice should be good game as well.. aamir has the psychological edge i think after beating him in the recent wimbledon elite event.

5. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Interesting Finals

Hey......

Thanks for the info, I had already visited that website. Thats appreciative. Well who do you think will win the finalsssssssss........Difficult enough to predict......Ouseph is fit and Aamir had made a good comeback after a 5 months absense (april to september 2007)......What do you think??????

I wish Aamir wins..........

Good luck Aamir.......................

6. coops241180

Product Owner
    hmmm - my predictions:
    MS - Ouseph in three (sorry geebee)
    MD - Clark / Robertson - i'd like to see these two at the olympics - but don't think Nathan will play MD internationally
    XD - Clark/Kellog
    WS - Tracey Hallam
    WD - 50/50 kellogg is obviously incredibly good, but she's with hallam who isn't her normal partner or a singles player - but has huge experience on court.. Munt/Nicholas also aren't a regular pair, but both have plenty of experience at doubles.. probably a three gamers - but you could get a good return betting on kellogg/hallam :D

7. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Interesting MS & WD finals

Hi......
    Well I think you're right, Ouseph may win this time. He's younger, stronger and a bit better than ghaffar appearantly at present. But I'll be pleased if GHAFFAR wins it.......(because of Personal relations)

:D WD is interesting......I wish HALLAM and Kellog win........I would like to see a clip of this game, to see how HALLAM handles in doubles......

Cooppsss you're not going to see matches this time??you couldn't get tickets??

8. coops241180

Product Owner
    i usually go and line judge, but ruptured my achilles 3 months ago, so wasn't sure i was going to be able to drive so i didn't volunteer, but i've just started driving, and instead of line judging i thought i'd try to go take pics - but it was far too late to organise accreditation.. so i'm not there this year.. hopefully i'll be snapping next year :D

Hallam seems to have handled the doubles fine - altho it'll be interesting how she manages playing two finals on the same day.. i would imagine it shouldn't be too hard for her - as a singles player she will be incredibly fit.. tho both games will be testing for her.

schedule shows that her singles is the 2nd game on, and the ladies doubles is the 4th game on - separated by the mens singles.. they're starting with the mixed and finishing with the mens doubles..

should be a good day.... shame BE don't use livescore :(

9. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Hi....
    I hope you've recovered fully now......Well this forum seems to be not attracting alot of fans as English's singles level is n't as high as the world's top 10 or 20.......Well I saw other countries are using livescoring and I think BE should have used Livescoring too.....However nationalbadmintonchamps.co.uk website is quite appreciative and attractive.....Lets lookforward to a great finals day......I wish all the matches are thrilling today.......

Good luck HALLAM....Hope to see you double crowned today...........

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

so, who`s winning then>>???

11. coops241180

Product Owner
    doesn't start til 2pm GMT george... and they probably won't put the results on til the end of the whole competition at 7ish...

the daft thing about the livescoring is that they'll use the same rubbish Horizon one that they used last year - and all of us lot managed to crash it because it couldn't handle the traffic. fingers crossed somebody in BWF will have made them use the tournamentsoftware.com one!!

12. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Nationals 08

I wish there was a livescoring facility for this Nationals........And I believe no TV channel will broadcost......Do you guys expect Badminton to become the No.1 Racket sport globally instead Tennis?????

13. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P

I really dont think that will happen. In the near future anyway :(

14. coops241180

Product Owner
    woop! hallam may have lost the singles - but she won the doubles with kellog - it's a shame gail would normally play with donna tho - she may struggle to find a partner with anybody else...

rajiv won the singles in three, liz cann won the singles in two, donna and anthony won the doubles incredibly easily.. nathan and clarky won the mens dead easily as well.. 21/11 21/12 i might be getting ahead of myself - but i think they'd manage pretty well on the international circuit- it's just weather lazy bum clarkson can be bothered playing both... he's not reknowned for his fitness.. whereas anthony clark's marked improvment in the last 2 years has been down to losing weight and getting fit

#34 coops241180, Feb 3, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  15. Armor_tec_14

I may have read it wrong but it seems as if you think that Kellogg and Hallam will be permanent partners. I don't think this is gonna happen. It's probably just a one off.

16. coops241180

Product Owner
    i can't see that happening - donna and tracey couldn't make it in time for the olympics - and donna and gail are incredibly strong pair..

i think perhaps there is talk of tracey moving to doubles with donna if gail decides to retire after the olympics.. all the england stars are all pretty much at peak now.. in another 4 years they will all be too old (nathan, gail, donna, anthony will all be 30+) and england will be looking to the new blood..

17. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    How is England new blood?? can they take England to win the Thomas Cup say in 5 years...like the next two Thomas Cup 2012 perhaps??

18. Armor_tec_14

Don't think that Tracey will move to doubles because I think she'll retire soon personally. After the beijing olympics , I dont thnk shel be around much and shes getting older now too.

19. coops241180

Product Owner
    well - she may move to doubles because she older.. we'll see - it'll all be changed fro next season :d

nationals done for another year :D

i've found where some of the photo's for it are stored..
    http://picasaweb.google.com/squashsite

20. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Special Congrats to Rajiv......
    Lets see what he can do in the All England and Thomas Cup......he will be definitely in the qualifiying rounds of All England, So I don't think if he can make it to the main draw If he's to play a top 30 player.......England's singles squad seems to be alot weaker than last year. There isn't any Nick Kidd, Not a full time Toby.......Carl Baxter has improved though.............

Good luck Rajiv and Aamir for the All england and all the tournaments..........