DRAW of THAILAND GP Gold 2012

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Indonesia Open / Singapore Open 20' started by CLELY, May 22, 2012.

1. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Yup, I dont think LD will withdraw from Thai Open.
    In 2008, LD won the Thailand Open, his last tournament before Olympics.
    He (may believes) and wants 'history' to repeat itself :)

2. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

no, he cant closing date is already over. infact the moment we are able to see the list of players playing, the tournament already closed. this is actually to prevent speculation of players participating... of course the individual baminton association would have more knowledge than us about who else in participating

3. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

oh!common man...people r just attacking LYB every other moment.....he might appear arrogant and naughty, but he has done great contribution to the sport by making it popular n bringing many achievements in China.....he did achieve something that no other badminton coaches of any country has done before ...so Could u just show some respect...

u cant teach what is respect if one cant learn it.. :D

#23 Jonc108, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  4. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

wow, this one is brilliant. very interesting. :D

5. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student

Call me a sadist/fanatic/lunatic whatever you wish. My protection of the Chinese players reflects beyond the feeling of admiration
    and obsession with their achievements.
    Did anybody jump into the defense of Lin Dan when people called him arrogant on and off court?
    Those who like to judge and act as a self-righteous person toward another person based on the things he/she says. Take a look at yourself first

6. ibelieveindevil

LYB??? he admitted arranging match fixtures, choosing which ever player he think can win the tournament , think winning is most important thing and disregard every other aspect. one of his gratest contribution includes asking ye zhaoyin to purposely lose to gong zhichao in olympics semi finals.

contribution to the sports by disregarding what is sportmanship in the first place.

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

wrong post

#27 eaglehelang, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  8. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    That has to be done because Camillia Martin was really good at that time. What's the point sending Ye Zhaoying to face her if her record is poor while Gong Zhichao is capable of beating her consistently for god knows what reason.

I would do the same if i am the coach. If Wang Xin and Wang Yihan play against each other, knowing the winner will face Tine Baun. Of course i will ask Wang Yihan to shut the hell up and let Wang Xin through to thrash Tine Baun.

Apart from sportsmanship, you also have your country's hope on the line based on your calculated risks and judgement

9. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

ups? looks like i've done something wrong?

btw, as indian coach has said, the chinese badminton players play as a team, hunt the glory as a team, and the goal i think is never about personal glory, but more to the country's glory. LYB wouldn't care to make sacrifation with one of his players as long as the champion came with word: China behind his/her name. unsportif? yes, in many occasion. but effective? also yes, in many occasion. dunno who to blame.

10. ibelieveindevil

oh really? think about it, is it fair for camilla? she probably would win the tournament. is it fair for ye zhao yin? she dont even have the chance to prove herself when she worked so hard. Is is fair for gong zhi chao? to know that you win a tournament not by your own strength? is it fair for the badminton society? when a game is pre planned and if this is football, the team get banned, is it fair for the olympic commitee when they stressed so much on the importancy of sportasmanship? is it fair for the public who buy ticket, watched tv, or go down to support their players to know that everything is pre planned?

is it fair for LYB? yes, his team won, and thats the only thing he ever cares.

He isnt even fit to be a sportsman

11. sportstar

sportstar Regular Member

Lin Dan will return world ranking No.1 if he win the title at Tailand open.

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Why do I care about how Camillia feels if my country, China has this one chance to add a gold to our Medal tally and Camillia is standing in our way. Who cares what Ye Zhao Ying feels ?

Do you know her punishment would be even more severe as well as she could be condemned for life if she beat Gong Zhichao and went to play Camillia and lose that gold medal just because her record is so poor but she insisted on defying the coach instruction? She might lose everything with that mistake

It's winning mate, live with it. Who is more foolish ? The fool that let the player with the best chance to defeat the strong opponent and win or the fool that allows his two players to determine the best player to meet that opponent ?

Who cares as long as we/China wins that gold medal ? China doesnt care what you think. Get a life and start urging your other players to be better overall instead

13. ibelieveindevil

the whole world except you and LYB dont cares. seriously get yourself a life, go read some articles, and stop disgracing your country. your are shaming your country by telling everyone that, cmon, we won because we are crooks

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes,I can't agree with you more,the Olympics is about true sportsmanship,fair competition and world unity in harmony - glorious ideals we should all strive for. But,the problem and the reality is every individual and nation want to win for themselves,some will even be willing to give their life or limb if that's required - and still play by the rules,of course.

Let me ask you,if you were LYB,the head coach,tasked to develop,promote and win badminton honours for your country,what will you do? You might feel this aspect is the lousiest and hardest part of your job, selecting who to play in the OG (not too bad) but having to ,when the situation arises, break the ugly news to the player that she has to be sacrificed for the sake of national glory in a country that upholds the principle of "nation before self".

Or,would you simply and cheerfully do this: " C'mon,gals,do your best,fight it out,may the best woman wins. If in the end you lose to the foreigner in the final,it's not my problem,I don't get blamed,you bear the consequences while I continue to hold on to my cushy job - the Chinese will understand it's the players' utmost duty to play and win, I'm not the one playing,I didn't lose"?

Honestly,if I were LYB,I'd secretly want to do the latter and be prepared to tender my resignation when things go wrong - we lost the final and the gold. We all believe in human rights and freedom but is my human rights more important than my fellow countrymen's,that I come before the nation? That's the conundrum,the dilemma. I don't have a simple,ready answer,to each his own.:D

Actually,human rights and the national interest need not be mutually exclusive,we can have both. But what if a situation arises in which a choice must be made between two alternatives,esp two equally undesirable ones - on the horns of a dilemma - what do I do? Decide for yourself and be prepared to take full responsibility for it,what else?!:)

#34 Justin L, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  15. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Why are you spoiling every thread? The moment you post the whole thread starts to go off topic with China vs the rest of the world debate.

Never have I seen someone spread so much negative energy in any forum anywhere.

16. ibelieveindevil

i seriously think there is a line between them especially, when u compare olympics WS vs Uber Cup. its like Fifa World Cup
    who won the world cup? Spain team
    who won the uber cup? China women' team
    who score for the spain team: andres inesta
    who win the points for china team: wang yihan, wang xin wangxiaoli/yuyang

as you can see, the one that win the game and get the award is the team. the player got mentioned too, but to a lesser degree. well, how many can call out all the members in the spain team or chinese team? well not many.

but what about WS in olympics? firstly that is being mentioned, that is a individual game. individuals represent their country. it is NOT a team game. the award is given to the player, and her name is Gong Zhichao. thats the only name. LYB definately abusing his power of the team coach to create unfairness among the sport. if he is from any first world country he probably be sacked immediately.

hmm what if this year, olympics semi finals includes LCW, while Lin dan faces chen long in the semis?

17. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

This is what happens when winning takes precedence over sportsmanship.
    Sad to say we have many who subscribe to this concept as a way of life.

There is bound to be tag team, sacrificial lambs etc in the Olympics.
    I just hope justice prevails in the end for the good of the sport.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For the rest of the world,esp outside badminton:

"Who won the WS gold in badminton?"

"Gong Zichao."

"Who,Gong what,where's she from?"

"From China"

""Ahh, China won."

After a few months,it's worse,"I remember it's China who won WS gold" and not "Gong Zichao,of course,how can I forget her name."

I won't even be surprised among many casual badminton players who've watched that match or heard of the news,in less than a year,might have difficulty recalling that name - "Gong...Gong what uh? Was it Gong Ruina or somebody else..., never mind,it's China,who else."

Sure you can sack LYB,but if he reports to you,he'll take your order just as he's taking orders from the top now.:D But,LYB is LYB, I am I, I cannot speak for him.:) Maybe P Gopichand's remark might be the answer for you - Gopichand replied (when being asked about China manipulating ranking points):-
    Extract:
    Asked if he was concerned about China manipulating ranking points even at the last moment, Gopichand said, "I can be critical of them but hats off to them, to their spirit of nationalism, they work together and it doesn't matter who among them wins, they work together and hunt together. It is something to be proud of and we can learn from them. We can go on and criticise them but they are the best team."
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/12914047.cms

As for your last interesting question, I can speak for myself - I believe both Lin Dan and Chen Long want to win it very much and either one is capable of beating LCW, I'd expect and hope for a free fight because I don't mind whether it's Lin Dan or Lee CW who wins gold. Actually,I've a soft spot for LCW and would like him to win one big one as LD has won too much already. To me Lin Dan is The Greatest of All Time and there's nothing more for him to prove.

19. ibelieveindevil

well we know china is what type of country. u dont have a choice when u put in such a position, no matter how unwilling ye zhaoyin is, she bound to agree.

they dont have a choice, if they have, do you think they will gladly agree on it?
    at least wang xiaoli already voiced out her disgust about the coaches trying everything to win at the expense of players, and that happens to the , erm cant remember her name, but its wong chong hann'wife. well she agree and was disgusted too

20. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

about this YZY and GZC case, it's sad indeed. it's about someone's Olympic dream we're talking about. but i think all chinese players already recognized this thing as consequences in their career that they must faced someday. i remember any member once posted that chinese players get paid from the country for their serve as athletes. the country paid them, 'keep' them and their family, so they must fight for the country's glory before theirs, even if it mean a player must be sacrificed. sad, but that's the reality in china i think? what can we do to change the system that had run for so many years?