Does HK Open use the same officials as China Open ?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by chibe_K, Nov 25, 2007.

1. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Yes, that's what I meant. Dedicated ones. Fixed and focused just down the white line. ;)

2. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

And make sure the PLAY button is pressed before the game starts. The thing that amazes me is for a popular sports like badminton, there isn't a way to review video playback to battle controversial calls. I would think some simple rules would be enough such as each player is allowed to have up to 3 requests for video playback for each game. When will we see innovations in badminton other than trying out 21-points scoring.

3. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant
    the same though was on my mind too. 3 request is fair enough . In this way linesman will be extra carefull. (i remeber seeing a linesman falling asleep, can't remember which series it was but it's terrible to see a linesman nodding off ZZzzzzzzzzz)

4. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant
    I find it amazing how some of you guys and gals can type so fast...each time I see a score on tv/livescore , by time I move to the forum, there area already loads of posting abt the score made:eek:.. I am really amaze.:cool:

5. happyice81

happyice81 Regular Member

hahhaahaa ... me too me toooooooo feel the sameeeeeee................ only can post in here, if post in there, will be flooded until duno which page liao... hahahaa...

6. happyice81

huu luckily my one and the only thread still haven't been closed yet altot after i post , many ppl keep saying tat it will be closed.. until i 'talk' also must talk careful... hehehe

got ppl know me here also, so it's better dun talk wrong thing, if not police in malaysia sure can come find me and jail me for few days... hahahaha...

7. happyice81

because it's been edited.......according to a chinese thread, from one of the linesman, he said those official promise tat those video come out will be 'censored'... those controversial or wrong judge one won't show in replay.. hehe..

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    OK Alfa - please look at the thread title. Now look at the preceding 8 posts. Would it be fair to delete those posts because they are off topic? Would it be fair to close the thread because these posts are discussing about a topic that is already in another thread?

Of course, we are diverging off topic here - so I am very tempted to close this thread.

9. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    It's good to give such warning before closing any thread as ppl often go off topic. warning is good..........in some way.;)

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    haii..alfa..its good to see u in this way..fun and made jokes.

dont be too stressed by all the posts.when u are not happy with something and starting to write ur opinions,sometimes u scared me..i mean to post something that againts u..

so,this thread will discussed the title rite ? just move on..im an outsider

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    to the original question. the answer is no. from the announcement, there are umpires from different countries.

12. NUMBER1

NUMBER1 Regular Member

executive
    off topic...
    Kwun... do you see match CTF/LWW againts LP/JR...
    what happened in 2nd set?..someone injured?..

13. happyice81

ermm i think should be 'off' topic too.. when i realize in final of china open, the main umpire is from china, i was wondering.... why he is not from neutral country?... izzit already a trend in badminton sport? can someone tell me, if in malaysia open, izzit the main umpire can be from malaysia, if french open, the main umpire can be from french... how about thomas cup... if malaysia vs indonesia, the umpire can be from malaysia? does this happen all the time in badminton?

cos for wat i know... in other sports, mostly those umpire must be from neutral country... correct me if i'm wrong.. and actually i didn't notice about the umpire's nationality all the while...

so for bwf... if they can't intro the use of video technology to judge... at least.... they can set the rules that the umpire must be from neutral country..