Does HK Open use the same officials as China Open ?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by chibe_K, Nov 25, 2007.

1. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I was just wondering if the same officials from China Open will be judging HK Open ?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no. the HK and China Opens are independent.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

surely la no...if this really happen, i dunno wat to say....

4. indra

indra Regular Member

This may be out of topic..

Do HongKong, Taiwan, Macau people speak the same language spoken in the main land of China?

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    They dont use the same officials. However it depends on WHO is the chief OFFICIAL/Umpire. Anyway i better dont go into that sensitive subject.

6. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Hk ppl speak fluent cantonese, Taiwanese speak mandarin and Mei Nan Yu (local dialect) and Macau ppl speak cantonese (may be a bit portugese, not sure...)

7. NUMBER1

NUMBER1 Regular Member

executive
    The official is different from China SS, it's from INA & TPE

8. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    To be frank, I don't know what's so sensitive about this issue.............what happens to those days when people are free to debate over arguments in a forum?? i thought that's what BC is made for...............for badminton fans to discuss/debate/share those interesting issues of badminton. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I didn't see any other moderator from other badminton forum especially china ones closing their threads when it is even a more sensitive issue there. It's becoming more like my country.............they will put u in a jail when u sing something that's not in their taste. :D:D:D

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    actually, it is not the topic that we don't like, in fact, the topic needs to be discussed, but unfortunately, as discussion goes on, people tend to get very hostile, provocative and rude, and in general very insensible behaviour. we have therefore allowed discussion but at this point, i believe enough has been made.

unfortunate that we have to do this, but please don't blame it on us but instead the ones who don't think before they write.

10. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    1st of all, i'm not accusing anyone of anything, i'm just asking for some fundamental respect for the thread originator.

The thread shouldn't be shut down because some people in BC (i recalled someone was inquiring that the thread should be locked or it was noxious........) and were uncomfortable of reading these kinda of posts/threads. I mean who are they to arbitrate what should or shouldn't we continue to read/post for this issue.

If the posts wasn't creative/attractive/tender enough for their reading, pls don't bother to read. It wouldn't have gone up to more than 10 pages if the thread was really that lame.

if i'm not mistaken, towards the end of discussion/debate of this thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50038&page=11, It went pretty good actually. Those people who were angry in the 1st place were chilling after knowing the real reason (what actually happened) behind all those that shouldn't be happening in CO.

The ambience was getting healthier and healthier, some CHN/MAS fans were actually apologizing to each other then and accepted the fact that nothing can be changed. Some part of me has actually forgave the umpire for those biased decision.:eek::eek::eek: All thanks to this thread.:D:D:D

Personally, i'm really glad that the thread existed and it has existed for a reason. To share/give/get the information and to post our thoughts about it. I deeply believe that a lot of BCers benefited from that thread and managed to grab much information from it. It wouldn't have gone up to more than 10 pages for no reason. Right?? ;)

#10 alfa-2, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  11. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Another thing i forgot to mention is, there will always be thread that isn't interesting/creative/attractive/tender enough for some of our beloved BC members.

Frankly speaking, I've read some threads that were so lame (100 X lamer) which has gone up to more than 100 pages (still active now) and at some point I wished that they were locked.

But then i realized something, not everyone is into the same category of interest. Everyone has their own taste and flavour when it comes to the topic which they like to read/discuss/share/post.

eg. like PAW which i think is really XXXXX:D:D:D...........but i never go to the thread and say anything cos i respect that some BCers are really enjoying the games. I hope that they can continue to enjoy their privileges without the interruption of people like me being a scumbag by going into the thread and pour cold water into them.:D:D:D

So, what will i do when i met those kinda threads that were not in my flavour??? i just hit the "back" button at my browser and continue reading on other threads that i has my interest on and making sure my mouse cursor will never go near to that link ever again in my life.:p:p:p

Dear BCers, please respect others interests to continue reading/posting for those thread that you don't like/hate and respect the thread originator by not requesting the thread to be closed down just because you have no whatsoever interest in it.;)

Thanks.

#11 alfa-2, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Majority of linesman and umpires will be certified people originating from HK.

13. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant
    Thanks Kwun for the explanation. Don't know if there is any software that can automatically delete away unacceptable words. :D

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Instead of closing the whole thread, just warn those who have insensible posts and if they commit again, ban them temporarily or permanently then.

Undeniably, there will be some insensible posts and some good ones in every thread. By having the thread closed, the good posts/replys that are coming will be robbed of that chance.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we do that too. by definition you don't see the posts that was deleted. we also do warn offenders. however, experience told us that some topics are like wildfire, if we let it spread it will get much harder to control, at that point, nipping the fire here and there will take a lot more work and probably not effective. the most effective way is to completely contain the area before it spreads more.

having said that, we normally do let the topic go on for a little bit so everyone who wants to say something would've done so already. as you said, there are 10 pages worth of it. but experience also tells us that after the constructive comments are done, the inappropriate one spreads much faster like a flu.

16. alohio12

alohio12 Regular Member

I believe it should be MIN* Nan Yu, otherwise known as Taiwanese :D

17. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Good point. I kind of feeling the same way sometimes. I don't believe the moderator is working for any organization or has his own agenda. However, I do hope we have a forum that tolerates diversity and provide a venue to debate sensitive topics without fear of sensorship. Of course, we as members should play our parts and be respectful of others as well.

18. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    IMO, to minimise the expenses, at least the umpires and service judges must be from neutral countries while the linespersons can be recruited locally.

19. markchan

markchan Regular Member

What's the point if the umpire do not over-rule the linesman esp if the shuttle drops at the baseline? I still say bring on the technolgies that is available, the least is to point a camera down the baseline and 2 more down the sidelines. I m sure the host broadcasting station do have 6 cameras available, rite? and then each palyer is allowed a maximum of 3 challenges for the referee/independent judge to decide from the video playback. That shudnt be too difficult.

I noticed that during the CO final, the questionable line calls were not played back on TV (even tho they had a camera stationed at the baseline concerned) , why?? :confused:

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    unless the camera is dedicated for recording line shots for play back, playing back videos from other various camera angles and distance would created just as much controversies as well.