Do you smash when you play with beginners?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by February, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Nxskynet

Nxskynet Regular Member

Student
    Yeah,i smashed at their face sometimes..

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I hope u don't mean that when facing very low level players. It's just too dangerous, as they don't even know how to protect themselves... :eek::crying:

3. offscott

offscott Regular Member

wannabe writer
    Same, I'd half smash to

4. ycmvictor

ycmvictor Regular Member

if Do smash to the BEginner... is good .... although get smash ...But, can learn MORE !!!

5. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

This is a real story. I was teaching my beginner son (13 y.o). He is a very beginner and not sure he even likes badminton. A couple guys (late 20s), about the same skills as me, wanted to play against us. I didn't want to because my son never played against anyone (beside me) before and it was no question who will win. I reluctantly agreed just to give my son a little game experience.

When the game got going, these 2 guys only hit and smash to my son. They avoided hitting to me (trust me, I am not better than either of them). Needless to say, they won easily, but I am sure they would have won easily no matter what.

So, I do wonder what these two guys were thinking. Would they go home and call their mommy that they picked on a little kid and won. Wow!

6. PossiblyZac

PossiblyZac Regular Member

Student
    i like messing around with them, and then unleasing a huge boomer haha! it feels so good, because they often put it in the perfect spot

7. Stinkiray

Stinkiray Regular Member

Double posted. Sorry

#67 Stinkiray, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  8. Stinkiray

Stinkiray Regular Member

I used to smash every chance I get, until that day when I accidentally(okay it was 40% purposely, but the majority is accidentally) smashed the birdie, and it somehow ended up in that place of a girl where it shouldn't land.

So,from that day on, I only smash when it's NOT a girl who happens to be a BEGINNER.:D

Moral of the story: CHOOSE WHO YOU SMASH!

P.s
    She wouldn't talk to me for at least 5 days.

9. PossiblyZac

PossiblyZac Regular Member

Student
    hahaaa!!!!HAHAHHA
    sorry im a teenager, so i have to mention this one. HAHAHHA, sort of a double entendre aye?

10. Shayde

Shayde Regular Member

Secondary School Student
    Ask the beginner / me lol for his opinion of how hard he would want u to play..
    its no fun if some guy smashes every time on me, so i try to minimize his oppurtunity by doing net shots/ clears to the far end.

last time my friend smashed towards my, how should we say, "sensitive area for guys"

and in my attempt to receive the birdie, i used a backhand shot, but while i was doing the flick in the wrist, something tragic happened, and there were no more balls left on the court.. -.-

11. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    it really depends...lol, if i think the person is annoying/arrogant hell, id go head hunting.

12. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    At most, a half smash to the side lines;)

Beginners(or even weaker players) tend to stay up in the middle of the front court at the wrong time(when playing doubles), so any powerful smash to the center of the court can be a disaster at times.:eek:

13. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

When I play with friends who are beginners, I smash full-power at them.. :D. Amusing, how they can sometimes counter attack it.. *tumbles over the net*

14. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    You must have a full power smash equal to the power of a 8 year old girl...:p;)

15. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Supposedly at uni studying
    LOL you guys are so mean. I generally wont smash a nub when clearing is so much easier, odds are if they suck they're gonna screw their return anyway - why the extra effort ;P

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Beginners hate to play against me although I don't smash at them at all-there is no need to. I just play my normal style with almost all shots deceptively angled, which they cannot read or anticipate. I have some beginners walk out on me when they realize they have to play against me. Their complaint was that it was no fun playing against me as they rarely get to hit the shuttle.

17. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    playing with beginner

Hi,
    I dont smash when playing with beginners. I just treat them as an unique individual. Will give all the high baseline balls, drops and cross court drives and make them run all over the court. They will be tired n they know.....hey this is serious play.:p Got to be serious.:mad:
    Lee:D

18. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I would say that i don't smash at beginners unless i know them or they ask me to play them properly.
    The other night my partner for one game just kept smashing at two beginners, but they lifted everyone of my serves to the mid-court. and my partner just wanted to get inot a harder game so it was bad for them, but they should've thought that it wasn't working at some point. They weren't complete beginners but they were social standard.

19. delmonk

delmonk Regular Member

software engineer
    Against relatively unknowns I'll play high serve, clears, and drops. Usually their inconsistency will be their undoing and they will beat themselves.
    If they are able to return and hit it toward my even more beginner partner scoring lots of points then that is when its gloves off and I start smashing.

20. Oriental

Oriental Regular Member

Guy in the middle
    If it is a competitive reason, then I would smash, but for recreational-play-around, mostly just drops and clears; once in a while, a cross-court.