Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010 Badminton schedule & results

Discussion in 'Commonwealth Games 2010 - Badminton' started by Loh, Oct 4, 2010.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Congratulation Malaysia for the Gold in Mixed Team event and also to Dato' Nicol Ann David for her first Gold in CWG.....Well done !

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi: MAS Badminton and Squash won Gold

Congratulations to Malaysia for winning 2 Gold medals just hours ago, namely;

* At Squash, to Nicol Ann David
    * At Badminton, to the MAS Mixed Team

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

MAS Badminton: It's great that MAS girls are getting stronger

In the Mixed Team event, past MAS girls were not strong enough to contribute.

It's great that present MAS girls are now strong enough to help in the Mixed Team event.

4. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    If the 80k is to be shared by the team members, then it amounts to little for each member.

5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

BOLEH.... i think the curry not spicy enough... that was why the opponents didn't perform well... BOLEH....

6. cclau74

cclau74 Regular Member

Congrats to MAS Team for the Gold medal.

7. cclau74

cclau74 Regular Member

To be fair, KKK should be awarded 2x as he played in both event.

8. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    80k for 10players or each players?

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Could be more for team.
    It's also RM80,000 for individual, i.e. RM80K if LCW win MS, RM40K a pc if KKK/TBH win MD. Same amount as AG, for CWG badminton, easy. ;)

10. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Commonwealth
    Saturday October 9, 2010
    Malaysia on track to reach 10-gold target after mixed team victory

Malaysia are half-way through to their goal to achieve a 10-gold target for the best ever finish outside Kuala Lumpur at a Commonwealth Games after the shuttlers successfully defended the mixed team title by beating hosts India 3-1 in the final at Siri Fort Stadium last night.

Koo Kien Keat-Chin Eei Hui, playing together for the first time in New Delhi, edged top Indian pairing of Diju Valiyaveetil-Jwala Gutta 21-14, 10-21, 21-14 to hand Malaysia the crucial mixed doubles point.

It was left to world No.1 men’s singles player Lee Chong Wei to give Malaysia a comfortable cushion and he did not disappoint as the cheers from the local crowd slowly died off.

Kashyap Parupalli, who was playing the first singles in place of an injured Chetan Anand, could not handle the speedy Chong Wei and conceded defeat at 18-21, 7-21 in just 28 minutes.
    [​IMG] Showing the way: Koo Kien Keat (right) and Chin Eei Hui set Malaysia on the road to victory by beating Jwala Gutta and Diju Valiyaveetil of India in the mixed doubles tie yesterday.

India, however, earned a breather after world No. 3 Sania Nehwal out-lasted Wong Mew Choo 24-26, 21-17, 21-14 in the women’s singles.
    Mew Choo was not expected to prevail against the higher ranked Indian, whom she had never beaten in the last two years.

But still it did not prevent the gutsy Mew Choo from attempting to pull a big upset and it was only Nehwal’s more superior fitness that saw her prevail in the end.

Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong duly confirmed the fifth gold medal for Malaysia at the Delhi Games by by beating the Indian men’s doubles pair Thomas Sanave-Rupesh Kumar 21-12, 21-19.

India had high hopes of creating an upset in their first appearance in the mixed team final but Parupalli said it was really tough to come back from a two-nil deficit.

“The first game was crucial and I played lots of rallies but could not continue this in the second. I was lagging behind and once the lead goes, the confidence goes,” he said.

Malaysia are firmly on course to secure 10 gold medals or even better with the lawn bowlers getting into the rhythm and the shuttlers kicking into gear for the individual competitions as the Delhi Games enters the second week.

At least two more gold medals can be expected next week as the men’s singles and doubles gold medals are for Chong Wei and Kien Keat-Boon Heong to lose.

England made up for their disappointment of losing their semi-final against India on Thursday by defeating Singapore 3-1 for the bronze medal.

England’s mixed doubles pair Nathan Robertson-Jenny Wallwork displayed much better performance to eke out a 21-13, 21-15 win over Singapore’s Triyachart Chayut-Yao Lei to put their team one up.

It was the men’s singles that turned the tide in favour of the English as Rajiv Ouseph played well to defeat Derek Wong 21-15, 21-17.

Singapore were back in the hunt after Elizabeth Cann failed to get the better of Xing Aiying, going down 14-21, 12-21.
    But any hopes Singapore had of forcing the tie into the final match were dashed as Anthony Clark-Nathan Robertson disposed off Triyachart-Hendra Wijaya in the men’s doubles, winning 21-12, 21-11 to hand the bronze to England.

http://thestar.com.my/services/prin...0/9/commonwealth/7195072.asp&sec=commonwealth

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    derek wong sg playing s edoo mauritius now. I tot sg on lining sponsor? how come he is on yonex? ;)

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    winning money can be used to teh tarik and nasi lemak for all. ;)

13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    got to watch commonwealth game, can see few african players...

1st time in my life...

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

And roti chanai also...........can find it in India I think !!

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Can see few African players...

See that you have missed the 1998 Commonwealth Games held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hey dude, I don't know which part of the forest you are from:confused:....$8K per person for a gold medal that MAS has a better than 50% chance of winning, no CHN, DEN, INA and KOR present...mana ada competition lah, walk in the park...also, $8K is a lot of ringgit for any malaysian 'working'...errr, I mean 'playing birdie' for 2-3 days....beats working 8-5 for 1-month and still cannot get $8K in MAS;)
    And LCW will pocket $88K and TBH/KKK $48K each for hardly breaking a sweat, easy money.

#376 OneToughBirdie, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  17. eaglehelang

Uncle, where got hardly break a sweat for KKK? Play 2 dept for 2 days, crucial matches. Thank goodness the youngsters nowadays are good enough to cover in QF(CPS/WKW) on the same day. If not, we'll see like the young Chayut, huffing & puffing during semi :p

18. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I think Mr OTB is still living in the 50's(probably that's when he left MAS to CAN) where MAS was the dominating force in badminton:D:cool::cool: and most of the players in other nations were still not training their players professionally. That's why he assumed that the players can just go on court and take things easy. I bet he has not seen how the national players in MAS train nowadays. It would be interesting to see OTB playing for MAS and come back to tell us if is a hardly breaking a sweat easy, money experience(including attending the hardcore training in MAS camp):D:D:D:cool:. LOL!

$88k for all those painful training that LCW went through...Yeah, I will pass and leave that to you OTB since it's such an easy job. LOL LOL...Joke of the day:cool:!

#378 lcleing, Oct 9, 2010
  19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

To encourage more Malaysians to take up Badminton full-time at BAM

It's one of the ways to encourage more Malaysians to take up Badminton full-time at BAM.

My concern is that training at BAM is not rewarding enough. They get peanuts. Only those winning for BAM get most of the rewards.

In other words, potential good MAS players may be put off to work with BAM to excel in Badminton, if in the first few years when they are training, they get peanuts.

#379 chris-ccc, Oct 9, 2010
  20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

RM$80,000 for the MAS badminton team? that's peanut... I hope the corporate sponsor will pour in more $reward$ for these group of elites who make us proud... BOLEH...