Congratulations Taufik 2006 Asian Games Champ

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by ants, Dec 9, 2006.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Has to be CH

Sorry to disagree. If winning many titles a year is the criterion, LD would have won that two, three times the last two, three years.
    This year it must be CH. I thought he was over the hill after he lost to Spore's K. Lee but he came back with a vengeance in the WC. Showing incredible fitness, he took out TH and PG consecutively and would have been on course to win the WC had he not been indicated to step aside for LD cos the poor chap needed the ranking points.
    Isn't it amazing coincidence that when CH did not accompany LD, LD did not win the title but when CH was on his own, he went on to lift a title (DO 06)?
    Clearly CH has been instrumental in helping LD clinch his titles but getting no recognition for it.
    CH should be player of the year because he's inspiring, evidently in WC. He showed that age is an asset because with it comes invaluable experience and maturity provided you maintain super fitness.In these modern times , it's not difficult but you need unwavering diligence and discipline. CH has proven that.
    BTW, I'm no CH fan. But I believe LYB has given him a cruel deal.

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    TH indeed played exceptionally well during the MS Final. He said ALL the pressure was really lifted when he clinched the winning point. This was one of his best win ever. He told me he really worked so hard for it and keep his mind in the game even with all those hyped out media stories..

3. juris

juris Regular Member

night stalker
    Finally, a singles championship that is not China vs China......even just for that is a reason to cheer for badminton fans!!!:) :) :)

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

TH is unique

It's TH 's privilege. He can win titles without being WN1 or WN2. Can LD? Or dare LD?

5. ants

ants Regular Member

He knows which tournament to target for. :)

6. nanofans

nanofans Regular Member

no offense to TH or TH fans... but, to be cruel,
    may I look upon it as no alternatives in INA to compete the titles ,especially for PBSI?
    LD dare not, definetly, because he will be replaced by CH, CJ, BCL or even CY, although the possibility decreases.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Ladies & Gentlemen:

I hereby declare:

"The last laugh goes to Indra!!!" :D :D :D

A fantastic year-end 2006 gift to him for being such an unyeilding, uncompromising, faithful, unfazed and loyal fan of Taufik Hidayat! :)

May both Taufik and Indra deliver again in year 2007! :)

8. ants

ants Regular Member

I second that! Heheheh

9. indra

indra Regular Member

http://www.bulutangkis.com/mod.php?mod=publisher&op=viewarticle&artid=1210&PHPSESSID=dae0b144d76dc41f2bebac676e2be36f
    ==========================================================
    This is my translation

Taufik, Fantastic!
    By admin
    Sunday, 10-December-2006, 09:53:59 104 klik

''Having suffered from 2 consecutive defeats, I learned what I could do to defeat Lin Dan. So, this victory is the fruit of my 2 consecutive losses. I don't want to lose for a third time ,''

DOHA, (PR).- Supported by some 350 Indonesian supporters packing Aspire Hall 3 Sport City Doha, Saturday (9/12), Taufik Hidayat demonstrated his fantastic game. The Pangalengan (Bandung) boy not only grabbed gold but also successfully took revenge against arch rival Lin Dan of China , 21-15, 22-20.

Reporters of the Pikiran Rakyat daily, Dedy Suhaeri and Ferry Indra Permana from Doha reported that Taufik ended the duel after smashing the shuttle cock in front of the net. His victory was instantly celebrated by his supporters including Chair of Indonesian Olympic Association, Agum Gumelar.

In the court Taufik expressed his emotion by clenching his fists, as if releasing his burden after losing twice from Lin Dan in the Team competition. After the medal award ceremony, Agum Gumelar, his father in law, hugged him.

Learning from his previous two losses

''The key to my victory was winning the first set. In the second set I tried to maintain the rythm of my game. I had to play all out to win the second set. Why should I play three sets if I could finish the duel in two sets? Finally, I managed to finish the match in straight sets,'' he said.

Taufik said that he defeated LD because he had evaluated his two losses during the preliminary and SF matches in the Team competition. ''Having suffered from two consecutive losses from LD, I learned what I could do to defeat LD. This victory is the fruit of my two losses. I don't want to lose for a third time ,'' he said.

With this victory, Taufik defended his title as the champion of MS ASIAN GAMES. In 2002 Taufik also took gold in Busan, Korea. Taufik said that this Asian Games is his last AG.

After winning the first set 21-15, in the second set he was trailed 17-20. However, his supperb skills, net play, cross smashes had troubled LD. When the score was 20-20, LD looked very nervous and made unforced errors (wide lob and poor net return).

''I made a lot of unforced errors in the first set. In the second set I once gained my confidence, however when the score was 20-20, I lost my concentration. It's difficult for me to regain my composure in a tense and grueling match like this,'' said Lin Dan.

Lin Dan also admitted that Taufik played very well. ''He played better than before. The second set ended too fast. It appeared that Taufik did not want to play in three sets. ,'' he said.
    (Dedy Suhaeri & Ferry Indra Permana/pikiran-rakyat.com)[/quote]

10. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    I third that!

11. orang_indo

orang_indo New Member

i saw 3 times...because in national TV.....played that final game 3 times

12. MikeJ

MikeJ Regular Member

IT Consultant
    congratulations Taufik!!!! :D

13. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

I can't wait to watch the match, moreso out of interest to see how TH won the match. The reason for this is to see what was different because based on the general flow of the previous LD vs TH matches this year, the flow was the same in this match. TH wins first game. Midway through second game TH begins to tire and LD superior fitness brings the win home. I am curious to see what happened in those final 5 points.

#73 treilanin, Dec 12, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thank you much for translating...

...indra, once again, thank you much for helping out with the translation(wished if you did the 2nd article as well, but it probably has roughly the same content)..appreciate it!!;) :cool:

#74 ctjcad, Dec 12, 2006
  15. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

indra, you have a lot of use in this forum... first, you translate every indonesian article here... second, the most important thing, you make people happy by letting them laugh at you (not offensive)... i mean, it helps when you create posts that attract forumers and keep BC very busy...:)

I'm an INDRA fan! how about you? join the fan club! haha :)

16. kemana

kemana Regular Member

thinking about it !~haha

17. eskey

eskey Regular Member

hahaha, like Loh said in this thread "The last laugh goes to Indra !!!", Not even goes to TH :D :D :D

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Then, we should vote for the most popular BC member of the yr..

..don't forget, indra'll be directing next yr's sequels of Taufik vs. LD as well...;) :p :)

#78 ctjcad, Dec 12, 2006
  19. ressal

ressal New Member

sales
    :crying: