comments from taufik

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by rayeraye, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    oh please, i wonder why the person who started this thread only wrote the bad comments he made, i thought in the article he said sumthin positive too, even tho i highly doubt the article, since those comments are only featured on only one website, and chinese website

i think even for him, those things are still almost impossible to say, and its just that taufik is quite a hihg profile person, i wonder if he made such infamous comment, why havent him made headlines. i know he is bad tempered, but i dont think hes like simon cowell or sumthin, from some interview of him i have watched i kinda think that he is polite(maybe not, but,,,)

my guess is that maybe hesaid some of those things, and the rest are media manipulation, feelbad for him, since most of the replies are harsh replies and didnt even questioned the reliability of the source:(

2. badplayer2004

badplayer2004 Regular Member

lol...notice the titles below under similar threads....:p lookes like taufik attracts too much bad publicity

3. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT

I agree not sure about these comments and how much they have been taken out of context.

• I am a great fan of Tufik, even though he has a bit of a temper
    • Sure Lin Dan is a great player and has won many tournaments, but I don't think this "Super Dan" is right.
    • Tafik has had to put a with a lot of pressure from bad line calls in Korea, and even Chinese have blantly called the Koreans cheats
    • PSBI have delibrately for Thomas cup enure players like Taufik and Henawarn didn't play many tournaments so there rankings could be low, and they could play them lower down in the order ensuring a better chance.

4. capiozz

capiozz Regular Member

i dun know taukfit personally and no doubt he COULD be arrogant as you guys said. But personally, he is cool to watch definitely. i like him!

5. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Well atleast he proved he can do more than just 'talk' by beating gade in straight sets.

Looking forward to a Lin-taufik showdown.If taufik actually said all of that, Lin Dan will be burning inside to beat him.But wait a second,was that the whole idea.To put Lin in a confusing position,make him thirsty for revenge and make him lose his mind:confused: .Ah! these could be nothing but 'mind' games,perhaps.:p

6. capiozz

capiozz Regular Member

did taukfit said if he is good frens to msian players? saw choong hann and him talking and laughing out the match before on the news ages ago.

true also, this comment only featured in chinese papers. maybe the newspapers want dan or other chinese to put a fight against taukfit.
    hmmm, taukfit is the best and besides, he seems that type that doesnt talk much to the media always keep his mouth firm and just smile.
    whatever it is, he is way too cool to lose to ANY chinese players. u have my support taukfit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#46 capiozz, May 14, 2005
    Last edited: May 14, 2005
  7. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    heh, that might be true, the comentator in our tv also said sumthin about that, tho it wasnt about taufik, it was about denmark who said that they were sure they could win 3-2 over indo, they said it might be somekind of strategy (mid games)

8. happy go lucky

happy go lucky Regular Member

Guys NO one is perfect in the systems we live in. So why all the arguements? Taufik has challenged Super Dan so sit back, relax and enjoy the show. Taufik wants Lin Dan bad, this is his strategy: to psyche ' both Lin Dan and Bao' :p

9. ArmotecDude

ArmotecDude Regular Member

I agree with taufik on the fact that lin dan or bao chunlai has any special techniques. They're players that has the talent to get the shuttle back, but there is no specialty, like xia, sun jun, and other former chinese players.

I dont think taufik's being arrogant at all. If the chinese team reads the newspaper, especially lin dan, I hope taufik gets what he wants.

There's no luck in winning the olympics. Taufik has definitely improved his game up until the olympics, and to date. His previous matches with peter gade or any other players, were disastrous. But as he said in the interview, he can easily beat him now. Gade was just ran over by taufik 15-10, 15-3. I think it's all about the confidence you have and the mometum of that match if you get it swinging your way (again, not done by luck).

I think taufik will go down as one of the great as said before. Even though he has a temper, but that's what people will remember him for. I love watching him, or any indonesian players for that matter.

after watching a few of lin dan's game, i think lin dan is more arrogant than taufik cuz lin dan doesn't think he can hit the shuttle out of the court, and he mocks the line judge everytime the shuttle's called out.

not to offend any lin dan fans, but i hope taufik gives him a good spanking.

BTW, is it just me, or does lin dan not like peter gade? this occured to me after watching the thomas cup 04.

10. By You

By You Regular Member

Really good marketing strategy.

Well....... The Greatest of All, Muhammad Ali, usually did psywar before the match. Most boxing promotor are also doing this just to "burn out" their target market to be so anxious to see and visit the boxing match. It works since the live spectator are so huge and many of TV broadcasting are demanding to live it. Lets imagine how huge will the Beijing Stadium be once China and INA in the final. The increasing of fighting spirit will somehow take apart to China team to beat INA.

Yes..., I personally doubt that the Taufik's word stated in the web is not overstated by the web administratod. Beside, I have heard that Taufik was avoiding any interview since his first day in China. Avoiding any interview might be judged as another arrogant attitude ....... :) , or it is also the way Taufik avoiding media misinterpretation and to keep his adrenalin stabil. He grows anyway.

Taufik and Lin Dan fans, have enjoy your shows.

11. takuan

takuan Regular Member

thats what i want to saying
    im still remember some years ago, some journalists from europe
    had complaint about badminton player couse they, mostly asian player,
    too shy and too quite. they cant made news with a kind thing like that
    if we only talking about tech, speed and etc better we watching badminton
    in PS2 ;)

12. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    well, people say that lin dan and taufik are arrogant, then i am really looking forward to see their match --- not only the battle to collect points but also the battle of arrogance, ha! thats new way of watching baddy:D

13. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Any sport for that matter is good to watch when there is the sense of discretion.Such battles are good to watch coz these two are not just gr8 players but they look awesome and have a gr8 style too.and to top it Lin will be fired up by taufik's comments[well if taufik has n't even said them,does it really matter now.i mean we all have heard it,so i am sure the news would have reached him aldready].
    Wo!!What they will say when these 2 look into each other's eyes.
    Maybe they will start the game with a 2 minute eye fight or perhaps Lin will say,"excuse me taufik,I need to talk to u privately" ....or simply, they will enter the court and Begin the 'showdown'

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

More comments from Taufik

I read in a recent report @ an Indonesian badminton website(badminton-indonesia.com) that after the SF match against the Danes, during a press meeting Taufik was asked if he was looking forward to the Finals. This is the translation of his comments:
    "For me, it doesn't really matter LinDan or Bao, I have to defeat them and I will wait for LinDan in the Final. Not too sound arrogant, i will defeat LinDan or Bao in front of their fans/homecrowd. In the Indonesian Open last year, I heard LinDan said he will beat me when he meets me again. Here, in front of his own fans/homecrowd, I will prove that he will not defeat me."
    Then LYB was also asked about LinDan's chance and this is what he said:
    "In the qualification, LinDan actually supposed to defeat Taufik. He already waited for Taufik, but Taufik never showed up(the Indonesian instead fielded Sony D. Kuncoro)"..However he stopped short of telling who he will field in the MS Finals.

IMO, the talk is nothing more than "confidence" talk by Taufik. As you can see, Taufik is replying and not backing down to the person who made the challenge himself, LinDan. I don't think Taufik is being "arrogant", but I'm sure there's some psychological factor also..It's normal, as Taufik is quite confident playing against LinDan..

15. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

I dont believe that Taufik did say those things even though i m sure that is really what he has on mind......
    the media is manipulating this...
    btw about his arrogancy..i like it.:D :D :D ....he will be remembered as the only player with that behaviour....

16. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    Well, now You (Taufik) have to accept that the nickname of Lin Dan is "Super Dan" ;)
    And sure You (Taufik) realize now that is very HARD to beat him (Lin Dan). ;)
    It never happen right now Taufik ! You have to wait for another chance. ;)

17. indo_gal

indo_gal Regular Member

student duh~
    nvm...

nvm taufik... u have plenty of chance to beat lin dan...

18. badplayer2004

credit to taufik...lost like a true sportsman today...not his typical behavior....:)

he might actually become a real sportsman after this humbling experience ;)

19. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    Indeed. He even gave Lin Dan a tap on his shoulder after his loss. Good sportsmanship :)

Wonder how things will go in future. To spice things up, will he be reported to say..."I'm only giving Lin Dan a chance knowing that our team won't win even if I beat Lin Dan" like what was reported by the Chinese reporter about his defeat by Chen Hong ? ;)

20. badplayer2004

that be one HILARIOUS excuse....even indo coaches should get MAD if he really did say this...:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.