comments from taufik

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by rayeraye, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayeraye

rayeraye Regular Member

taufik is well known for his hot temper and his outspokeness. well here are some comments from him. :D

"i am a man, he is just a child!" -referring to bao chulai

"i dont accept the nickname 'super dan'. he had only won a few championships, how about asia game and olympics? he never got these titles. from my point of view, he has the power, but his techniques is not as good as mine. to win him is not hard."

"among the elite shuttlers, not many of them can be my friends, maybe girls like me more. i always feel good friends one or two is enough. in chinese team, the only one who can be my friend is xia xuanze." -when asked why he doesnt acknowledge lin dan and bao chunlai when they meet.

"i'm going to beat lin dan in front of his home ground!"

"i really dislike the korean team, during the asia game they bullied us."

"about chen hong, i never worry. i won all of our 6 meetings. during the japan open, i was too tired after beating gade, so i gave him(chen hong) a chance."

2. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Still we need more guys like him to promote the sport

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Arrogant

Taufik is arrogant, no doubt. We just have to hope Indonesia can advance to final along with China then ...
    Li Yongbo also claimed his players are the best in the world and I am sure not everyone agree with him. At least not me.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

rayeraye,
    do you mind giving us the source(s) where you got these quotes/comments??...

5. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    i dont see any source but i admit this is what i imagine him to sound like.

i think we sort of need more personalities like these. whether there are nice guys or heels. people who will talk and promote badmintonin more ways than 1.

8man

6. rayeraye

rayeraye Regular Member

7. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Now, let's just wait for what lin dan and bao has to say about Taufik in THEIR interviews...

Oh, this is going to be good...!:D :) :D

8. rayeraye

rayeraye Regular Member

i cant remember the exact words, but both of them are anxious to play with taufik. especially lin dan, he says he would like to meet taufik in the final.

9. wchfan

wchfan Regular Member

im just a normal student..
    hehe..

i dont know.. i think he's quite good but .. he shouldn't underestimate other players especially Lin Dan :eek: ...

10. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Well, who is well known as a crying baby? Bao is a child, Taufik is a baby. :p

11. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    Well, we know how controversial and vocal Taufik can be. BUT PLEASE, before u start calling Taufik as arrogant, crybaby or whatever... THINK first about his comments.

Well, its TRUE!! last time i check their senior head to head clash, Taufik 1 - Lin Dan 0.
    In quantity, yes Lin has won more than Taufik. But what about the real big ones like World Championships or Olympics??? (no disrespect to any other tourneys)... I dont see Lin's name anywhere, and Taufik's name is on the biggest one of em all...

Personal opinion... aren't we all entitled to speak out our mind?? It's not like he's been racist or anything... (he didnt say something like "I hate Chinese" did he??)

Lets wait and see

Again, ITS TRUE!!! 6 previous meetings over a couple of years (including the times when Chen is on his peak) = 6 times Taufik walk away victorious.

Japan Open 2005

- Taufik's QF game (95 mins) was twice as long as Chen's (48 mins)
    - Taufik's opponent (Gade) just compare to Chen's (Chen Yu)
    - Keep in mind this is Taufik's first int'l tourney this year

Qidong, if Taufik is a baby then what should we call all the other MS players in the 2004 Olympic??? (Bao wasn't even there was he??)

So for those of you who been trash talkin Taufik in here, please consider facts before u start getting vocal...

Finally,what he said here (especially about Lin) might be too harsh for some to handle, BUT IT IS THE TRUTH PPL!!! He has everything he needs to prove his words...

12. Morten

Morten Regular Member

if these comments are true he surely is arrogant, but in some way I have my doubts about the media perhaps have manipulated with something

13. clemclem

clemclem New Member

I think Taufik is arrogant.

1. Bao has a better head to head record against Taufik (4-2), the last 2 encounter(China Open and Thomas Cup) in 2004 were both won by Bao. How's Taufik a 'MAN' in front of Bao?

2. Beating Lin Dan in Indonesia in 3 sets is not conclusive. And Taufik has yet to prove if he can beat Lin in his home ground or somewhere else. By the way, their head to head encounter is 1-1 according to the IBF website.

3. Lin Dan has won 8 Championships + Thomas Cup since March 2004, surely that's more than 'a few'. By the way, Lin didn't participate Asian Championships 2004.

4. The real big one Taufik won is the Olympics. He hasn't won World Championships yet. I personally don't rate Asian Championships as the big one. And I am pity sure Lin Dan has a better winning percentage than Taufik. (someone do the calculation here). I remeber there was a thread about whether Taufik deserve to be the player of the year 2004 and the majority of people do not agree and quite a number of people thought Lin deserve more.

5. Regards to the lost to Chen Hong in Japan Open 2004, I think it's childish to give excuse like this. Chen hadn't got an easy path (i.e Roslin + Chen Yu). Chen played well to win in straight sets. Taufik can always say I beat Chen 6 times before but can he do it NOW?

14. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    1: China open: If u said Taufik vs Lin in Indo open is not conclusive, then what should I call this??? (Also, wasnt this the tourney when they later on found out Taufik has a nasty blister)
    Thomas Cup: Exactly like yesterday's SC tie...

2: All rite Taufik vs Lin is 1 a piece but hows Taufik's victory not conclusive? Did u watch the match? If u did, didnt u see how much Taufik dominates in the 2nd and 3rd set? If not, then I think u should. It was a good matchup.
    Also, assuming what u said is correct, wouldnt this be exactly the same case as Bao's victory in China open?? It's in China and it's also in 3 sets

3: I did say that Lin has won more tourneys than Taufik.

4: Did i said that Taufik has won the WC??? Also, did i mention Asian Champs as a big one???
    Regarding Player of the Year award, I admit that I was also surprised when i read that Taufik won it. I would say that Lin deserve it more than Taufik, BUT I didnt say that he shouldve won it either.

5: It wasnt easy, but definitely easier in the quarters...
    Is Chen Hong included in the SC team??? If yes, why havent i seen his name around??? If not, why not? i thought he can be used against Taufik in case they meet again in the final because NOW he can beat Taufik

15. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Taufik is just illustrating why he always gets caught up in strange incidents (car accidents, fist fights, racquet throwing, etc) and other conflicts (with coaches, PBSI etc). It's not like these things just "happen" to him. He is looking for it.

Mix the mentality of a child with a dose of testosterone, add plenty of talent and voila -- Taufik! :D

16. fingerpower

fingerpower Regular Member

Mix in some training as well if you want a badminton player like Taufik :D

/FingaPowa

17. peace

peace Regular Member

Taufik is a player with a high talent..no doubt of it...but..his mentality is not that good and talking about his behaviour..it is also childish...he is not a mature player yet...he is so arrogant...

Well, eventhough I am a big fans of Lin Dan, but one thing I want to say that giving a comment like Taufik said was really really bad...as a famous player, he should not behave like that...we must remember that he also sometimes not a very stable player...even he can be beaten by some players whom he could beat them.....compared to Lin Dan who is more stable player recently..he is only beatable by some talented players and good ones....

Hmm, by the way, sometimes mass media also manipulated this kind of thing....:eek: ....
    But if what Taufik said is like that....he is indeed very arogant......eventhough he is not number 1 world player yet.......
    He should improve his behaviour for not becoming a child.....he may not say that LD is a child.....He won the Athens 2004, more because all of Chinese players have already beaten before....so no doubt he won the tournament not that difficult, only against Peter Gade, he needed extra effort at that time and remember also that during Olympics, Peter condition was not good..so..Taufik got a help from this situation..

18. takuan

takuan Regular Member

there is no luck in big game like olimpic man...
    whatever the condition olimpic histories will recorded Taufik was the champ for 2004...
    and u should remember badminton only participated in olimpic since 1992 before
    badminton not too popular (now??)
    and i think -still- olimpic games is the peak of badminton championship like other sport, like it or not Taufik was the champ for Athens 2004

#18 takuan, May 13, 2005
    Last edited: May 13, 2005
  19. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

I still remember the time Taufik played against Lee Tsuen Seng (Thomas Cup, held in Guangzhou). When Taufik lost, he walked off without shaking Lee's hand. I didn't know what to make of that incident...players' etiquette anyone??

#19 jcl49, May 13, 2005
    Last edited: May 13, 2005
  20. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Woven, if someone won a major tournment like Olympic, then he can start calling everyone else a child? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.