China Super Series 2007 - Day 5 (Nov 24) - Semifinals

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by leonardklh, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianmercer89

ianmercer89 Regular Member

any one know the order of play prerably for the tv court?

2. well-son

well-son Regular Member

#22 well-son, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  3. well-son

well-son Regular Member

What I say about the 3 matches above is that ONLY Lee Chong Wei has the "ALMOST SURE" win.

ZN is too tough for WMC (but who knows, since almost all the top seed could fall). CTT/LWW vs XZB/GZD may have the same chance to win.

4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Tan Fok and Wan Wah will win the Semi, their problem usually is in the Final :D
    Mew Cho stands a decent chance to beat Zhang Ning, I never thought MC could beat Zhu Jingjing, Pi Hongyan and Zhu Lin but she did. Lets just hope Xie Xingfang vs Lu Lan play ahead of Wang Mew Cho vs Zhang Ning else another conceding walk is possible if Mew Cho win. Is just getting so "dark" for badminton China.

5. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I actually think CTT/LWW has better chance to win than LCW. CJ seems to preform pretty good against PG yesterday. But who knows, maybe both of them will win. :eek:

6. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I agreed, if Chen Jin play like yesterday then he will be hard to beat. One thing about Lee Chong Wei, he's very adaptive and varies his play base on situation. Peter is one stubborn superstar, always insisting his way of playing, fast pace and attack which back fired.

7. well-son

well-son Regular Member

Did CJ play extremely good yesterday against PG? Oh, I did not watch the game. I just refer to CJ's last meet against LCW when LCW demolished CJ in such an easy fashion---and with LCW's current performance I think LCW has a BIG chance to win over CJ today. By the way, I prefer to watch a tight game among the two warriors, not one-sided game like their last meet (in MO :confused:?).

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

If LCW plays like in FO, that is, cool and sharp, with delicate touch, I don't think CJ stands a chance. Don't forget PG's speed today is not comparable to LCW's.

9. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Did u all realise that every time during semi/final, the match order is reflected very late on tournamentsofware.com. Why? Is it the event organiser CHN did not release the match order yet?

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    despite the wrong labelling, i do agree with F-38-I. there are a lot of provocative comments lately from members from not just one country. we need to remember to respect not only your countrymen but players and fans from other country as well. remember how you behave and what you say reflects on yourself. so next time when you write something, think about what other people and other fans will feel about it.

11. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i think u mistook our friendly banter or reverse psychology.... everyone here I know are polite and friendly.... well, most.

btw, call us Malaysians, not malay please.

12. carine

carine Regular Member

today is LWW's birthday...If he cn win tis tournament,it is a best present for him

13. carine

carine Regular Member

Gdluck to all MAS player
    LCW
    WMC
    LWW?CTF
    Gogogo...go into final and win tis tournament

#33 carine, Nov 23, 2007
  14. tstan85

tstan85 Regular Member

Hmm... no one seems to know the order of tomorrow's matches. What time should I get up? Is 8 hours difference here.
    Am I right that the game is starting at 2pm? And is usually starting with Mixed Doubles?

15. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

I think the organisers already had top mathematicians calculated the order of play to benefit the home players... :D
    My mind is now really open, I now believe anything can happen. :p

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    MS:
    Bao Chunlai vs Park Sung Hwan - Korean ace to show CHN squad that unsportsmanlike conduct doesn't pay
    Lee Chong Wei vs Chen Jin - Expect a harder match than FO semis, but with the same result

WS:
    Xie Xingfang vs Lu Lan - team orders may play a role here, but XXF don't need team orders, now that her hair looks better
    Zhang Ning vs Wong Mew Choo - Smart Zhang Ning to overcome tough resistance from Wong.

XD:
    Gail Emms/Nathan Robertson vs Lilyana Natsir/Nova Widianto - too close to call, depends on which male player is out of sorts today. I'd go for Indonesia, Lilyana has better fitness though Gail has better tactics.
    Saralee Thungthongkam/Sudket Prapakamol vs Zhang Yawen/Xie Zhongbo - Sudket/Saralee echo the same sentiments as Park.

MD:
    Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah vs Xie Zhongbo/Guo Zhendong - tough for MAS pair, tougher for Xie Zhongbo
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan vs Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu - world champs give badminton lessons for free

WD:
    BORING!!!!!!!!

17. ycchen

ycchen Regular Member

Tan Fook and Wan Wah will win the semi-final provided the line judges and service judge play their role "fairly". i hope the malaysian pairs will not be penalised by those unnessecary foul like service foul, receive foul and so on... so, i would say the outcome of the match is heavily determined by the "performance" of the judges apart from the players' performance.
    Mew Choo has had a good tournament so far. to beat Zhang Ning after the tiring R16 (beating Pi) and Quarter final (beating Zhu) is quite impossible. hope another upset will happen. :)
    Chen Jin has home crowd support this time. he will surely want to avenge his lost a month ago. this will be an exciting game. i predict a 3 thrilling games today and Chen Jin should be able to win narrowly. :)

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Am sure one of the malaysia will go to the final. Whatdaya reckon mate?
    rgds

19. ycchen

ycchen Regular Member

totally agree. :) Zhang Ya Wen and Xie Zhong Bo will involve in 2 matches this afternoon. i believe LYB will stress more on XD and MD. so Zhang Ya Wen will have to make sure she goes all out in XD. as for WD, Du Jing/ Yu Yang need Olympic and SS points badly as Du jing had missed so many tournaments due to injury. so, i believe LYB will again play an influential role in the outcome of this match. :)

#39 ycchen, Nov 23, 2007
  20. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

too bad that flandy/vita lose yesterday
    i like those pair
    i also put my faith on eng pair
    but ... we'll see what happen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.