China Super Series 2007 - Day 5 (Nov 24) - Semifinals

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by leonardklh, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I assume it's a statement of your dissappointment. KKK/TBH are not big headed. As stated by others in the "why KKK/TBH lost thread", they were looking depressed in post-match intv and admitted : 1) 1st set they didnt play tight and wrap up the game 2) after losing 1st set, they sorta lost confidence.

For KKK/TBH, it's more they are under pressure to win, win, win all the time (much, much criticism each time they lose, whether to unheralded pairs or top pairs). They're learning to cope.
    I have a soft spot for the young TBH, his type of character would think being top pair is high pressure rather than glamorous. He'll rather play and be low profile the rest of the time.

Yes true, the other younger MD pairs should step up to the plate and win
    something. When CTF/LWW retires, greater pressure on KKK/TBH.

#1241 eaglehelang, Nov 24, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    This is also the reason for their own destruction..Playing with a big head will surely slowing their paces.FHF/CY..even though they won alot..but they r not big headed.They're still down to earth.

The malay young pair doesnt have the consistency.I guess they r underestimated the taiwanese pair,..which causes them the bitter defeat.

3. eaglehelang

Saralee/Sudket are not exactly unknown. They are World no 9, thailand's top XD pair. JUst that they havent reached that many semi or finals lately.

4. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well...i do not agree that they are big headed and i am not trying to defend them.As eaglehelang said,which pair doesn't want to win in the match or tournaments?No players want to go for failure.Please don't be that kind of badminton fans that when the player win,then you support them but when they lose,we starting to take opportunity for bashing them.I don't know why it happens so many time on this pair.

5. eaglehelang

1) If you're talking about KKK/TBH, they are not big headed like what many think. They are under a lot of pressure, under pressure too much, panic, panic cant win. Ask Ants, he knows them personally.

2) Zakry/Fairuz - they didnt underestimate the taiwanese, Fairuz got nervous in 3rd set, as usual. That's what Huang said Rexy told him.
    This pair's prob is getting nervous, doubting themselves, esp Fairuz. So, it's not underestimating, it's overestimating opponents.

They already went to see the sports psyhcologist a couple of times - mental strength not strong enuf.

3) CTF/LWW - the veterans, well, once again, under pressure, they under perform.

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Agree with the pressure. Not easy to maintain at the top. Even Lindan finds it hard to sustain it. So, lets enjoy when your favourite player wins and give credit to the player/s that won. No point bashing them. Once you are at the top, people will notice every stroke you make because they are the contender and everyone wants to beat them. They are being analyzed every single game. That's why it may be a good idea to split up the pairs for a while before re-combining them back again. Confuse opponents mah... of course its subjective lah. There's always agreement and agree to disagree. Enjoy...

7. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

Hey! dont under estimate BCL, i saw him play to day, he improve a lot and trying to attact fast., not easy to LCW

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

camon malaysia!!!!
    hope 2moro lee chong wei n wong mew choo can win their match!!!!
    MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!!!!!!

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

so 2day the petronas twin tower win the tie against great wall of china 2-1...

10. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Wow this the 1st time for a long long time Mas has representative in both the MS and WS finals of a mojor GP tournament. Mas WS used to be whipping girls and cannon folder for the Japanese ladies not to mention INa and Chn.

Way to go WMC.

LCW is shaping up well. Didint crumble under pressure played a safe game and I think a very actuarist game.

LCW do not go for risky shots these days. Avoiding sideline smashes, if he smash at all. I believe he was already having the final with BCL in mind given that BCL have at least a good day rest in QF with CH gifted the semi spot to BCL in the grand machinations of the China BA.

as an old badminton fan, and not as a Malaysian, i find LCW's recent style absolutely beautiful. the Chinese commentator commented LCW is "Luan Zhong Tai Jian" that is carrying a sharp sword covered with soft feathers.

The main weapon is his deception. Chen Jin was left guessing all the time what LCW's play. Just when you think he is hiting a smash he hit a drop, or lob. The think is that LCW is going with the flow, whilst his opponetnts thus far are doing to much thinking about LCW's shots and not concentrating on their own strengths.

LCW has combined the footwork of Morten Frost, the Lobs and chops of Misbun, the defensive dives of Foo Kok Keong and the deception of Zhao Jian Hua.

He was constantly varying the pace of the shuttle, from slow soft to slow hard and then fast soft or hard fast. CJ was just following LCW pace and unable to unleash the type of fast and powerful attacking game Chn players are known for. The game is beautiful to watch. The deceptive smash that disguised the drop in the 3rd game was perfect, his neck stiffen, racket pulled to the back but soft touch right at the time of contact was something hardly seen these days. The back hand half smash to the sideline was also a beauty.

His game has won fans in Europe ans I believe amongst the Chinese too when you hear the applause the spectator gave him after the match.

To beat LCW, BCL either have to play faster and more power than LD, or he have to play LCW's game, of patiently waiting for the kill. Many points was lost by Cj because he was not patient enough.

I think this is because of the inflexible nature of the Chinese coaching method of emphazising speed and power. Chinese players can play a stroke base game but it takes longer for them to adjust styles.

So if BCL can get his mental strength together and play patiently he has a equal chance of winning other wise he wil end up like Chen Jin.

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    2 out of 3 advanced from SF to Final is a big achievement so lets just be happy and enjoy every moment before we face the final test. Players have ups and downs so is hard to ask to be that consistent in the final all the time, overall, I think Malaysia has done well.
    Congratulation to Malaysia players and coaching staff, especially Tat Ming, so happy to see Mew Cho break thru after break thru. Xie Xingfang is the one playing the best among all Chinese, will be hard to Mew Cho but didn't we say that on all her previous encounters ?

12. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

If i were you, zqloy, i will chose to ignore him. He is just a MAS hater. He never likes anything about Malaysia, or Malaysians. Have you ever seen him post anyhing good or praises to MAS players?

NIL!

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I was in Phuket whole day for bringing a group of tourist today..
    Surprised to know that Wong MC able to beat World No.1 ZHang Ning in China, Wow ! Never did any MAS WS player did that before...
    Congrats to all the playes who manage to come through this entertaining & exciting Semi final DAY
    Good Luck for them tomorrow in Finals
    Cheers :)

14. Erikku

Erikku Regular Member

Student
    malaysia all the way!

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Having examined the preceding posts, I'd have to say many are drifting offtopic.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.