Bintang Badminton Weekday Nites (practice)

Discussion in 'Bintang Badminton Academy' started by dailybads, Feb 28, 2004.

1. prophet

prophet Regular Member

teacher
    Bintang was cool

Thanks, kwun. It was great fun tonight. A little crowded (so the regulars there tell me), but still ok because it gives everyone a chance to take a little 10-15 minute break between games. Wasn't planning to stay that long, but time seemed to go by fast. Next thing I knew, they were announcing 5 minutes until closing. I was surprised- my friend said it was only 10pm, and I thought they closed at 11pm. When I walked out to my car I realized it was 11pm!! So I was there from 7-11pm.

I'll try to come again on Tuesday nights - as some friends of mine have decided to make Tuesday a regular habit. For those we want to know, I found Bintang a really great place, people are friendly and willing to partner up to play a game. Of course it helps if you are friendly and like to initiate an invitation (for yourself :p ). In case you ever need a partner and I'm there, I'll be happy to play with you. Look for chinese dude with a goatee and glasses who is always wearing all blue (shirt+shorts) and BLUE WRIST BANDS.

peace,

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Chinese guy with goatee and blue attire. that should be much easier to spot than Joseph's "white t-shirt with dark shorts". :)

a busy week this week. will let you guys know when i am dropping by next...

3. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Haha...how bout "badminton forum t-shirt with dark shorts?"

4. delmonk

delmonk Regular Member

software engineer
    I'm a 26 year old living in san jose who has been playing everyday for the past 6 months at foothill college but have not been able to improve much ( people I play against either beat me easily or i beat them with little effort ). Someone told me I was breaking into the low intermediate stage awhile ago. Anyway I'd like to improve more so i'd like to join this group or if anyone wants to play holler out, just trying to make new friends.
    The problem I have most with this game is wherever I go either everyone I see is really good and is a court hog while people near my level flake out on me for other sports (tennis, etc).

5. iwannaplaybette

iwannaplaybette New Member

would u like to play me? im also lookin for people to train wiff at bintang.....im like an E player im alright but i wanna get better. I train on tuesday n thurday b4 open gym hours but i am there during the first few hour or so on those days. i also go to open gym on sundays or saturday there at like 3pm or 4pm until 8pm at most. im a young teen there using a Mp-99. usally wearing a black shirt or a white Bintang shirt. if u see me n think its me jus ask the person if he is K.T or paul thats me. or i mite be playing tanbo at the front desk.

6. xchrislee

xchrislee New Member

I'm looking for people to train with also because I have zero friends that play badminton near my level or are too lazy to start again. I'm not sure what rank I qualify as...Probably the lowest -.-. I use to play for high school varsity 2 doubles but that was like 3 years ago -.-.
    I started playing again a month or so ago and I'd like to think I'm an average player. I think I'm going to show up tomorrow [friday] and I will become a regular [at bing tang] for sure now that I have the time for it and try to make it daily.

I'll be wearing black shirt/ black/white shorts and my left arm is heavily tattood in chinese characters.. Please introduce yourself since I'll probably be bumbling around like an idiot -.-

7. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

You're not that bad, you just need to practice the form that you learned today.

8. xchrislee

xchrislee New Member

lol. my form is bad but my heart is bigggg. beginning classes here i come ;]. thanks for being a good sport joe.