Best grip for Badminton RACKETS

Discussion in 'Grip' started by noeltj_22, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Eastfield

Eastfield Regular Member

Adding three posts whining about necroing sure helps keeping the thread dead :rolleyes:

Smashorpass likes this.
  2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    For me my personal best grip is Wilson Pro Overgrip (white) on wood.

To the case: In general over the years the forum had a lot threads about requests/recommendation in terms of strings, grips and etc. Maybe a one and only sticky thread like "The string recommendation thread" etc. for the future would be a great thing. This would prevent too many threads with the same problem/case/question and would also stop the necroing, because the threads over years for each requests by each person wouldn't created. Also an unsure new user can read hundreds of sites of knowledge and opinions for each equipment thing. I have the impression that no new user use the search function. Just my offtopic 2 cents.

swsh likes this.
  3. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Your comments are terrible for my wallet as now I just have to try it. The three pack is twice the price of three supergraps here.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Really? I can send you one. :D

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Haha nah. I was just slightly bummed because I was finally in the “I’ve found the grip I want and I WON’T change my preference anymore!!” with Superseries starting like a day more from today and racket arriving the same day I’d have the opportunity to stock up on the white supergrap which isn’t available generally.

But now there’s a twist. I can’t stock up or else I’ll have the Wilson Pro Grip in the back of my head.

6. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    wilson pro is an excellent alternative to yonex ac102ex. i used it for many years before my tastes went for thinner. @swsh i recommended it to you several months back i believe when you were searching for a grip with no branding on it

current favorite is gamma rzr react

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    You did indeed when I switched back to towels again. With recommendations about it flowing in I just have to give it a chance now haha.

8. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I just fell in love I think. It's insane how close to bare wood it is despite it being overlapped 50/50.

2.jpg

Bought all they had.

9. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    Whoa 0.4mm thickness I've never seen that one before I will have to try. How does it compare comfort/tackiness/sweat absorption vs ac102?

10. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I only played for an hour and half at courts outside Yonex stall during superseries so I can’t comment too much about such things tbh. You feel as if you’re on wood but not exactly. All the feedback, not much if any discomfort so far. Tackiness seems to be better *in my hand* if compared to the supergrap I was using. That was the only instant giveaway when I went on the courts.

11. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    Sweet man please update as you can interested in hearing your thoughts/comparison

swsh likes this.
  12. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Surprisingly durability seems a lot better than supergrap. It just gets dirty whereas I take material off of the supergrap within a day or so. Really impressed with this.

Got these to try as well. Loving these so far as well. No logo on the grip itself. Slightly more expensive but feels great.

(0.5mm)

6CE45B4A-EF74-4CC2-AFEE-23D2CDA4ADBF.jpeg

13. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Quick pointers about AC130ex.
    • More durable in my hands than AC102ex. Something I thought would be impossible given the thickness.
    • Tackier than AC102ex.
    • Thinner than AC102ex by a good margin. Unbelievably thin.

14. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Where do you actually get this grip besides at yonex stalls? The main thing with ac102ex Ive found is that after it gets sweaty and using grip powder the tackiness disappears and it simply just feels dry. Then when I use it again when sweaty it doesn't give the same grip.

15. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I have no idea besides maybe Rakuten which makes me a bit sad because I’m at another dead end yet again. I don’t even remember how many dead ends I’ve ended up with now when it comes to grips. Just smh Yonex.

Oh how would I love to spend money on AC402DX thin towel grip and AC130 if I had the opportunity properly. Perhaps the two best grips in the world in their respective categories and neither available to the general population normally.

16. llrr

llrr Regular Member

All the hype about ac402dx makes me wanna try it so much but can't justify how expensive it is. Why don't they make them in reels!! :(

swsh likes this.
  17. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    i am currently using Volkl V Tac overgrip and i am quite pleased with the thinness, grip/tackiness, and sweat absorption. can't find specs online and i have no calipers but if i had to guess i would say ~0.45mm thickness.

not as soft as Gamma RZR React but perhaps absorbs sweat better and tackier in my estimation. durability will remain to be seen.

for what it's worth i have sweaty hands that rendered Tourna Tac useless after about 3 hours.

sidenote: Gamma Grip2 was awful at sweat absorption and frayed quite easily

swsh likes this.
  18. calvincty

calvincty New Member

No luck to search in Lazada (Malaysia), the only search result I found is from Rakuten, would ac130 better than ac102 over an original grip? I just peel off the towel grip and felt it feels much better with original grip. Think it would be better for me to goes for a thinner grip.

19. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Yes. It’s not even funny how much better AC130 is.

20. Hans van Egteren

Hans van Egteren Regular Member

Just tried the AC130 yesterday for two hours. This grip is amazing!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

swsh likes this.