Best grip for Badminton RACKETS

Discussion in 'Grip' started by noeltj_22, Mar 17, 2012.

1. calvincty

calvincty New Member

Too bad I’m not able to find it here, ordered from Japan takes 4x extra cost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Hans van Egteren

Hans van Egteren Regular Member

Ordered some extra since the shop had free shipping until the 8th of April :D
    unnamed.jpg

3. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    This should be illegal to post. I’m not joking.

DAMNIT.

Hans van Egteren likes this.
  4. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Hi guys!
    Victor original factory grip possible to buy?
    Or maybe something really close to that?
    Thanks

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I went back to my tennis coach and asked him where to grab some wilson pro overgrip. Wrapped it on the 1DG since other rackets were out and about getting strung. Didn't slip and the grip was quite good.

Really in short, the pro overgrip felt like a better supergrap. Better as in I like the stiffness and grip of it more than enough to warrant the price hike. My cursed thumb has destroyed it one session though I can probably use the racket from other side for next one and get around 2 great sessions and 2 nice sessions from the grip before it really just goes. I would also not be surprised if it's used by a bunch of badminton pros.

My next is going to be pro sensation which I think is 0.4mm. Fingers crossed for something similar to ac130.

#45 swsh, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    ucantseeme likes this.
  6. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

I have sweaty palms, therefore finding a right grip is very important. For me, the towel grip is the best but it gets soaking wet very fast especially in humid weather like Singapore. The next best is rubber grip that has some friction, otherwise it is very slippery. Recently I saw someone with an innovative idea and I tried. It works very well but I do hope to further improve with better material.

He uses the 'anti slip rubber mat' this is commonly found in those DIY shops and cut them into strips and wrap it over the grip. The rubber acts as a cushion but the anti slip friction is good. Since it is rubber, it don't absorb the sweat and dry up fast. Have anyone tried this?

7. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

You are not alone.
    PICT_20180806_180730.JPG PICT_20180806_180745.JPG
    After one match (three games). Still, these are the best grips I've tried so far. More durable than Supergrap, not as tacky, but don't get slippery when wet. There are huge differences between colors though. In general, the lighter the color, the softer it feels and the less durable it is (this grey one is somewhere in the middle). Red being lighter than black, but still more durable, I think, but the difference between those is marginal.
    Not sure if you can still get these, but luckily I still have around one hundred at home, that should last for the upcoming season. It's Adidas Performance Team Overgrips if anyone is interested.

swsh likes this.
  8. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    how did these turn out?

quick update--
    head supercomp (black): good sweat absorption, good tackiness, good comfort, good durability. would buy again
    gamma supreme (orange): great tackiness, very good comfort, average sweat absorption, good durability. would buy again.
    kirschbaum touch it (white): very good tackiness, good sweat absorption, average comfort, good durability. would buy again.
    pacific grip a round (white): a slightly worse version overall of kirschbaum touch it. probably skip.
    pacific x tack (orange): very good tackiness, average sweat absorption, average minus comfort, average minus durability. would skip.
    gamma rzr edge (white): very good sweat absorption, average tackiness, average minus durability, average comfort. would skip.

9. sadikin

sadikin New Member

10. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
  11. sadikin

sadikin New Member

Then in terms of tackiness is Kimony KGT-119 a much better choice?

Thank you very much

12. Neeraj Mohandas

Neeraj Mohandas New Member

Gosen AC26L 0.5mm is the best grip that I have used so far. The size preference changes from person to person. I like them thin. Most times, I remove the factory grip and put the Ac26L on the wood handle. For certain, more head heavier, racquets I just put one more AC26L on top of it.

13. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I've shifted to Tourna Original Overgrip for sweaty hands (tennis folks will know of it). Highly recommend it if you're struggling with sweat. Sticks more as you sweat and also stops the sweating somewhat.

For the extreme sweaters it's still gonna be towel but I recommend giving Tourna a try.

14. Neeraj Mohandas

Tourna products not available here. The Gosen AC26L does the same. Perhaps it is cheaper too. I recommend that you definitely give it a try.

15. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

I'm really loving the Gamma Supreme grip.

I hate the dry-tacky/powdery feel of Yonex Supergrap.

Gamma is more wet-tacky and feels amazing in comparison. Very soft grip but feels durable too. Better than Tourna Mega Tac in my opinion.

DKCPH2018 likes this.
  16. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Location shows India if my eyes aren't deceiving me. You can order it from a Hyderabad seller on Amazon. It comes out to 123 INR per grip which isn't that much.

AC26L is an different grip entirely tbh. Used it since the main Gosen distributer is a friend. More comparable to the normal OGs rather than the unique Tourna. I think head produces something similar but not of the same quality as Tourna.

17. Neeraj Mohandas

I did not find any unique tourna in amazon. There is a dry tourna and tac tourna. And neither of them is cheap like you say.
    (Am I missing something)

18. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Unique is me eluding to it's characteristics as a grip in comparison to normal ones like Gosens. Wilson Pro OG, AC130 etc. I'm talking about the original dry tourna.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B000LEBRDY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1245 / 10 = 124.5. Not really expensive in the roll size.

19. Neeraj Mohandas

Lol. Atm I am super comfy with Gosen AC26L and I have stocks. I will give tourna a try next time.
    Btw, Gosen has two types of overgrips made available in India - OG106 and AC26L.
    The Og106 Taiwan made is a very normal overgrip which performs better than most in the segment.
    The AC26L Japan made is awesome and it does get better with sweat.

swsh likes this.
  20. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Ah yes, I know. Like I said, main distributer is a friend. I personally would disagree and rate the 106 rather poorly for my hand.

It neither has the tack nor the good feel and doesn't stretch at all. In the same range the slightly harder to procure Li Ning's GP 20 + variant (packet one) or the Mizuno holds up better for me. For some it runs well tho so to each their own I suppose.

As far as giving new OGs a try, I wouldn't if I was satisfied with my current and would probably continue to run the successful setup instead of attempting a swap to Tourna haha