Best Chances to Beat China Players

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by 2cents, Apr 24, 2007.

1. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    just hope that this is not the end for Lee CW and Boonsak and Peter GADE!!! it'll be a boring sport if its always china who wins! :(

2. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    it's two titles, you cannot judge the future nor an average performance by two titles, especially as the were won by two different people. LCW won the Malaysian Open several times, if i'm not mistaken, and that's 6 star. by the way, your examples only come in men's singles, you failed to notice the other sports. while china did lose the women's singles, that's once in a long time, so it may be an anomaly in the chart. i'm not saying Wang Chen didn't deserve to win, she did, but just that it won't happen all that often.

3. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Unfortunately, You are mistaken.

Malaysia Open 2006, 2005, 2004... were all 4 star only. LCW has never won 5 star or above before IO 2007.

4. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

{quote 2cents]But this past Singapore open and Indon open, China lost both titles. What a big difference! This thread is so relevant. I predicted so accurate.

I think China has never done well in men's single in IO & to a lesser extent SO. I am not surprised that they didn't win the men's single but the women's single having eluded China was certainly a surprise.

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Lee Chong Wei won the Denmark Open(2005?), I believe Denmark open is 5-6 star, you can argue Chinese didn't send the first team on that year though.

6. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Are you sure that Msia Open (before Super Series) was a 4-star event? Hmm... I thought MO was one of the highest tournament that offered the biggest prize (US$200k++). If that was the case, shouldnt it be a 6-star event? Just curious.... :eek:

Anyway, LCW pocketed a cool US$20,000 for the MS title :)

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, Malaysia has been a 4-star event before the Super-series.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

If you argue in this way, you can question LD's titles for those that TH did not turn up!

9. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't argue about that as it was not LCW fault if Chinese decided not to show, but many do. I am just happy of the Malaysian win :D

10. Marc E

Marc E Regular Member

IT (whatever IT is...)
    Just my 2 cents worth (normally 2 pence but this is an international board... ;) ) but i found these 2 tournaments the most unpredictable and hence exciting that i've followed for a long time. As much as i respect the chinese abillity to dominate certain events it was great to see non-chinese players in with a genuine chance of winning. My guess is that the playing conditions/crowds had enough effect to influence otherwise routine results, and even these can change during the tournament, sometimes during a game.
    Out of curiousity, does anyone know if the hall in Singapore was slow?

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hahaha, admit it, as a die hard TH fan, u r jealous of LD's consistent #1 status. Admit it, TH performance is lacking lately and looking bleak, u want to see LD performance to degrade to make your hero look good. A very shallow thinking i would say.

12. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

One American analyst quoted this saying over America's resentment towards China's growing economy - "Charity rejoices in our neighbour's good, while envy grieves over it "- by Thomas Aquinas.
    Sigh...this kind of thing happen in sports, schools, colleges, offices & oh yes, sometimes amongst friends & family members.