Best Chances to Beat China Players

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by 2cents, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    If Taufik win this title then there's something he can brag about as China, for the first time in recent history, sending full team to Indonesia Open.

2. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    IO is definitely the hardest for non-Ina players.... fuh... when u hear the crowd start roaring, u're legs might actually NUMB! haha :D

3. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Taufik shall win the men singles title. he has rested enough after his defeat in Singapore Open while Boonsak might feel a little tired. Taufik's threat will come from Lin Dan. I can't find any player who can beat Taufik consistently.

4. tjl_vanguard

Student
    haha i think IO is Taufik's for the taking unless he is beaten by his own compatriot... still, that is only my prediction... :D

5. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Simon can spring a surprise but he still lack the consistency. he started showing results recently. Lin Dan might face difficulty facing Taufik at his own homeground. hard for 'foreigners' to go into the indonesia lion den.

6. tjl_vanguard

Student
    yeap! totally agreed.... :D

7. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

i am looking forward to see Taufik performing a backhand smash in his homeground again like what he did in Thomas Cup to Kenneth Jonassen in front of his home crowd.

8. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Taufik is really a good player!!his technique,skill,spirit everything is great!!:eek: hard to believe if he lost to his own compatriot..:p

9. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Taufik had lost before to Simon in one Indonesian Open. That year the title was won by Lee Hyun Il. The last non-INA player to win before that was Yong Hock Kin in 1998.

10. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

if Taufik is in top form, nobody can stop him. i'm still waiting for a day when malaysia have our own taufik hidayat. not enough talent huh? we need to start from the world junior championship. a good example is tan boon heong. China has very strong junior players. China looks safe in the future but Malaysia might face some shortage of good men's singles.

11. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Chinese commentators in CCTV dont even like LD..well,just some parts though.They prefers other players like CJ,CH,TH,PG,etc.One commentators said something about "flying move to save the ball",and he said LD is the best for that..but some experts said,that's because he is lacking in the footstep skill,so that he has to fly to save balls.LOL..

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    He n chen yu r not coming rite?

13. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

definitely not coming. you know the reasons why? there are so many speculation out there..

14. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Yep no point speculating. I take leave from work too when I am mentally sap & my body tells me to. So these 2 guys, esp. LD deserve a break too.

15. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    i think it's really smart for Lin Dan to take a break. he is so far ahead Bao has to win two super series in a row to get anywhere near him, so he's safe. i think he'll take this chance to rest up for later on in the year, as the Olympic qualification period has only just started and he still has a year to earn his points

16. $100 Dreams

$100 Dreams Regular Member

Quite speechless looking at the statistics.. 10 titles in a year.. bao have to win this and that to catch up lin dan, which means eveyone else have to do double that to get to no. 1 spot..

hey joyous, i like the part where you went no point specualting. perceptions have changed a lot.. it used to be 'tactics' when lin dan skipped a tournement.. now everyone have got to the point, "yea, lin dan, you should go for a honeymoon", " you're skipping the next open? dont worry about it!" haha.. i like the new attitude.. he's a great player and there are great, appreciative badm fans!

17. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

bao chun lai is in final tomorrow. this thread is irrelevant as taufik lost the best chance to beat china players. a shock defeat for taufik too as bao chun lai dominated the match right from the beginning today. tomorrow's outcome will prove the relevance of this thread. i'm a bit disappointed by taufik's lost too.

18. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

lin dan rox :) LCW rox too... n Taufik is a rookie as well :)

19. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Since there's so much 'resentment' in China's dominance, I guess it will do the sports some good that SO & IO (in particular men's single) saw no Chinese dominance. Hopefully, the fans are more at peace with one another now that 6 SS are over and the pie is being shared by 3 other nations where the men's single is concerned.

20. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Remember last year?

Chinese swept all titles after Malaysia open, including Thomas Cup, Chinese Taipei open, Macau Open, Thailand Open, Korea Open, Hong Kong Open, World Championships, Japan Open, China Open, Denmark open. 10 titles in a row. Even in a year round, they took nearly 90% (weighted) of the titles (in MS). Lin Dan alone took 70% (weighted) of the titles, and Chen Hong, Chen Jin, Bao Chunlai were 2nd, 3rd and 4th best. Taufik, Gade, Lee CW, Lee HI, (all these are the best players according to IBF) were all totally tamed.

But this past Singapore open and Indon open, China lost both titles. What a big difference! This thread is so relevant. I predicted so accurate. Those were the best chance to beat Chinese. Only Boonsak and Lee CW took that advantages to bring them to a higher level in their personal history. In fact, neither Boonsak nor Lee CW had ever won anything as big as 6 star (even 5 star) titles in their lifes. They listened to my advice:cool: , and they won.

It's a big failure for Chinese team since they were used to win 90% of the titles. Chinese's lose were Boonsak and Lee CW's gain, no one else. The guys hadn't taken this precious chance, will not find the similar luck again.

Both Boonsak and Lee CW made history for themselves because they knew this was the best chance and no body can afford to miss it.