BC members gathering - photos

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by robin7, Aug 19, 2007.

1. chehsi

chehsi Regular Member

Administrative

heheh.. that'll be me for Ipoh :p Nothing beats hometown food... even soya sauce/rice also taste better ahahah. And I hate copycats who claimed their food is 'ipoh hor fun' or 'ipoh beansprout chickent' when the food they're serving is not even close to it!? Give the originals a bad name!

So.. Ipoh... 'ayam kambing' September!

2. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    welcome home fellow ipoh mali. have fun! :D

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    When you are overseas for a long time, you cant really complain if you are eating a lousy Malaysian food at your local area. We should be thankful at least we can taste our local delicasies.
    For Honda Accord the 3.0 Model price is RM200,000 plus. 2.0 model cost around RM130,000 plus.

Cars in Malaysia is expensive.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Yeah, i love Ipoh Horfun and Rice. I'm a Perakian also.. but not from Ipoh lah.. nearby Teluk Intan.. where we have our own Leaning Tower of Pisa.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    'Made in Malaysia' cars

But we should buy our own 'Made in Malaysia' cars lah. :):):)

6. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    It it cheap.. But the quality.... :(

7. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    er....
    cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap.....:D
    malaysia's government impose a very very high import tax on cars. 100-200%...:eek:

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    No complain of MAS food here..something better than nothing and thankful is a better word...we support this restaurant just so it would not close shop and then we have nothing...hahaha!!!:D

9. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Canada is beautiful, we just got back from a 9 day trip to the Glacier National Park, Banff, Jasper and Vancouver. For food and shopping, Vancouver comes close to the Asian culture. Its so amazing to see so many Asians in Vancouver. As for Seattle, the Malaysian restaurant is a big let down. What's the status on the Malaysian immigressen for folks like us to retire in Malaysia ? How long are we allowed to stay ? I know we don't have to apply any travelling visa when going home. :)

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    One couple who is our close friends at church is retiring in Dec 07 and returning to MAS to retire for good. There is a MAS program called "Malaysia my second home" (I am not 100% sure the exact program name, cos I left the information at home). MAS govt encouraged ex-malaysian to come home to stay, provided they put up RM250K as deposit, refundable when they leave one day. If you believe in MAS govt, then may want to put up the RM250K.

You may want to verify this....but I think citizens from commonwealth countries can stay 6 mth max in MAS without visa and can renew for another 6 mth with someone in MAS to sponsor them. There is a fee for the extended visa application. This is the route we are planning cos' Canada will always be our home, just that we want to enjoy MAS life, food, travel in Asia, relatives, etc. before we get too old to do it and regret not doing it at all. But plans can change, depending to our health, regional security, etc...

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You have hit on the beautiful part of western Canada on your trip...Vancouver is the second biggest Chinatown in North America, not surprising to have street name in chinese and deep with Asian culture. Is San Francisco the biggest chinatown in N. America???
    I find Mas food is a tough sell here...MAS not patroning maybe not up to standard, they can cook themselves and maybe better, expensive to them...non MAS find MAS food too spicy and chili, even if tone down....Many MAS restaurant had folded and we now have maybe one lone MAS restaurant in town, with some small one we may have not heard of.

12. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Ah, another fellow TI boy. I missed the famous TI Chee Cheung Fun (combination of rice noodle, vege and mince meat) and Lor Mie Fun (glutinous rice with BBQ pork). ;)

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    SF still has the biggest chinatown in US....it is true that Indonesian or Malaysian cuisine is hard sell......Thai cuisine is everywhere

14. shreky

shreky Regular Member

i didn't know Chen Hong is also a BC'er (right beside the the guy with the dark glasses) :D

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Good Malaysian restaurants in Melbourne are doing well

Greetings,

It's a shame that Malaysian restaurants in North America are not up to standard.

In Melbourne, Australia, we are quite happy that some Malaysian restaurants are providing us with some excellent dishes.

But we are now finding more and more Thai and Indonesian restaurants springing up to compete with our Malaysian restaurants. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

16. ants

ants Regular Member

U missed the famous TI Chee Cheung Fun ah? Its my family business that was started by my greatgrandmother. Its her secret recipe. Its not easy to make. I had my fingers burned many many times in the process of making it. During that time it more manual. Now some are automated already.

17. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Check out this website on Malaysia-My-Second-Home Program

www.motour.gov.my

18. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    THANKS ! Take care and GodBless:)

19. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Probably because its hard to find fresh authentic ingredient. Just like the durians, frozen and mostly from Thailand. Still we buy and usually laughed by folks from Malaysia saying durians like this will most likely discarded. That's not it, we pay almost US 89cents per lb. Tastless and big rip-off:mad:

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Malaysia's my-second-home program allows you to stay for 10 years without further visas and all you need is to invest RM 150K minimum on a property to qualify.

The program, however, does not permit you to work in Malaysia but you can invest in Malaysian business. Most of the Brits who are here work but they get the company to pay them in Singapore so that gets them off that clause of not being allowed to work. But you can apply for a working visa, which is not that difficult to get.

The perk here is you can bring in a CORVET or a Mustang tax free.:D