BAM in a MESS! 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ants, May 14, 2010.

1. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

taneepak, if this thread was started in the TC forum then yes, probably it is just some malaysians playing the blame game (again). but it's in the professional players forum, so i think the loss in the TC is just what sparked the starting of a long due thread.

for me, there is no doubt that there are grievous issues going on in BAM (and the country for that matter) that outsiders may or may not understand. as far as i can tell, Ants is not a spur-of-the-moment poster that would go on a rant every time the malaysian contingent loses. so his grievances should be given some salt.

i think chinese players are great. both physically and mentally. well done to LD for once again showing LCW how it should be done. but does their superiority mean that BAM has no issues? no i don't think so.

2. naistav

naistav Regular Member

That's because INA didn't lose in group stages ;)

3. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

compare msian physical with other nation physical ... we look too skinny or "fat"
    look at koreans they are physically look strong and stable

4. esam3112

esam3112 New Member

rEAL eSTATE

I agree with you..chong wei says that he thinks too much about winning and hence the shaky game he display..but come to think about it, what about lin dan playing in front of the home crowd and I bet he thinks a lot about winning too..it's simply because we have lack of mental toughness...at this point I should agree with lin dan outburst and arrogance attitude..this will make the opponent tremble and think too much..just like chong wei..Soh Chin Aun said " There’s no point telling
    everybody that you have played your best,but the most important is,
    SHOW IT!”.

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

hear, hear, hear....

6. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    MAS team who won TC in 1992 had three coaches from china. this year we have 2 MAS and 1 INA coaches we lost to China and even Japan. Can we beat Korea or Ina if a different draw?

7. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

i think people may have forgotten something when they try to fit winning strategies in 1992 to that of 2010. In 1992 we used the old scoring system which demands a lot of fitness, never-say die or outlasting opponents. Today we use the 21 pont system that emphasises more on skill, accuraccy, efficiency and techniques, of course playing hard is the key but it may not be effective against a more efficient or skilled player who uses his skills and energy well in the 21 point system.
    I think this is obvious in the Uber Cup Final where one can see that the korean girls were more efficient ,taller, and skillful then the shorter chinese girls, they look being beaten not because of experience but because of better technique.
    those who know BAM are aware of their distrust of expatriates and emphasis on local or regional coaches to build a regional brand of badminton.such regional brand if not subject to check and balances may soon become obsolete.
    I think there is no harm in learning from mistakes and others to keep ahead but it is dangerous to be insular and always use the past as a benchmark.

8. stanster213

stanster213 Regular Member

Still a student... STRIVE for excellence in everyt
    Hear, hear! :D
    No use to blame - identify the real cause and issue and work at it...

Agree wit u completely: Actions ALWAYS speak louder than words.

Yes; I can't wait to see another fighter like FKK, arrive on MAS badminton scene. His fighting spirit was quite extraordinary, his mental toughness an impenetrable iron wall... :D

#48 stanster213, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  9. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i was watching bernama news tonite where they interviewed the BAM chief
    he says nothing will change in terms of personnel. they will do a post mortem (I hate that word.. it suggest something already dead) find out the root causes and start early for all preparations...

if this is true....yup nothing will change 10 years in the future, nothing...

i feel sad for our young players waiting in the ranks...

we need somebody brave .. somebody intelligent .. and somebody strong to make things better..

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    IF the BAM Chief steps down... things can be better. BAM needs alot of overhauling.

11. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

thats what i am implying hehehehe

12. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Isn't that something unthinkable?

just consider the protests from certain quarters

and also the loss of a very stable sponsor,patron,tuan

and godfather.

i think we have to just live with it and tolerate and accept the fact that everything must be compromised for the sake of peace and harmony.

13. ants

ants Regular Member

So we will always live a mediacore life and accept the fact that we will only produce consistent losers if not consistent 2nd placers. And if that is what Malaysia wants? I'm sure there will be people to is willing to step in and do a change. It's ok if we lose a patron and stable sponsor. Btw what stable are we talking about when payment is always late a BAM is always in tight budget. I don't think that is very stable.

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

i trust you all read todays Star on how Misbun analysed LCW's
    game against LD. You all know Misbun ,probably personally, I think he knows what he is talking about but unfortunately may not be able to solve the problem alone.
    I don't understand why the public puts such an emphasis on winning the THomas Cup ,it was previously won under vastly different conditions.Malaysia is still a force in badminton, Lee CW and Koo/Tan are still world no1, the envy of many nations ,I'm sure.
    We do not have enough talent to choose from to forge a world beating team, but our top players are still among the best in Super Series.
    To expect 'Msia to win Thomas Cup is like demanding our Universities be better than Beijing,Tokyo or Singapore Universities.
    That is a very tall order considering the type of people in our U's, but that is not to say our U's are no good,Our UM Medical Faculty and Engineering faculties are still world class.If I understand the concept of this 1 Msia, it is to make everyone happy and taken care off, merit has to take a back seat, we can only do with pockets of excellence.
    Sorry for the long speech, but I think that is something we do not have a choice in, it may be the only solution given our circumstances.I am not like our Prof Khoo Kay Kim, far from it, just seeing it from a practical viewpoint.

#54 Bbn, May 15, 2010
  15. ants

ants Regular Member

It's is very easy, the fruits that we produce comes from the tree. What we put in is what we get. That is the universal law. Unless we do change. Things can always be the same. I believe still that we are capable in winning the cup. And we have to be consistent in producing world class winners. And producing world class winners is not easy that I know. We need assistance from all department. I look at the long term.. Not a one time wonder. No point just dwell in 1992 achievements. We have to look hard and deep into the whole setup in the organisation.

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    let me offer MAS frens a quote from albert einstein himself so i wouldn't be sounding biased or anything

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    - Albert Einstein

There is a fine line between perseverance and insanity. At what point have you tried your best, and it's time to do something different? It's a balance - a paradox. If you get in the habit of giving up as soon as something gets difficult, your life won't work, but if you keep tilting at windmills - madly trying the same thing again and again, your life also won't work.

#56 cooler, May 15, 2010
  17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Again please read the Star today. Rexy now thinks that back-up players should be given more exposure, after seeing Hoon's gutsy display against denmark.
    i remember Rexy's answer on Astro Arena why he was fielding Hoon and not the proven experienced Fuzzy pair, his answer was European players like too analyse their opponents before playing them, he is throwing in a new combination to surprise the thinking Danes. You all saw the result, surprise in the 1st set, after that the Danes (JR former World champ) digested the game. Now many of you are personal friends with Rexy, is he being too conservative and using too much experience as against analysing the game and working out game plans and alternative tactics? I'm sure Park JB and Koreans and China are good at it. i may be wrong about Rexy, its just the impression I get.
    It is good to be conservative for a safer result but look what happened to LYB when he fielded a talented but inexperienced Uber Cup team against Korea, maybe his priority is to blood them this time round.Korea mixed youth and experience and got a better result.
    I don't see any sure winning formula anywhere.
    it is true that Msia has plenty of talent but only in doubles, there is no outstanding singles talent.

18. Marpan

Marpan Regular Member

As much as we love to see the changes in BAM, the probability that an overhaul will happen is very slim.

Most like to compare Malaysia's 1992 achievements to all Thomas Cup since. Why is that?? Think about it.... how many players are there from Malaysia in 1992 who rank top ten that year?? How many players from Malaysia from 2004-2010 are ranked in the top ten????

In 1992, Malaysia has the real flavour of been "patriotic". now is all politics & money.... I do not believe BAM are on tight budget.... we just dont know where the funds are going......

As for Malaysia and China Team..... put it this way... Most of us know that China's MS2 & MS3 & MD2 will beat Malaysia's players... Why Pressure does LD has??? China has 3 or 4 players ranked in the top ten... Malaysia has 1??? same as the MD....LCW & KKK/TBH HAS to win to give Malaysia a chance.... What most of us are saying is, if only BAM produces more talent IMHO the game would be different....

We may love & support our own country, but at the end of the day we all want to see a great match. It is just dissappointing that Malaysia fail to give a good show.... They have tried their best but way too much pressure for LCW & KKK/TBH to handle....

19. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Tilting windmills? Was "the story of Don Qixote"man of La Mancha before Einstein's time?
    Don Qixote types are the dominant force, we have to play by their rules.

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Rexy isn saying this now because his position is at stake. But in the end who is going to have a final say? Rexy didn't do anything wrong here. Media is being cautious to not offend BAM top guys. Misbuns analysis is right about Lindan etc... There are some loop holes and Improvement to do in our coaching setup. I'm not implying that our coaches did the wrong thing. Just that we overlooked on certain details and been clouded with all the hype and demand from the upper management level.