Arc 10 vs Nanospeed 9900

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by szekt, Mar 7, 2009.

1. wiwi86

wiwi86 Regular Member

student
    not true...aft all also onli ArcSaber10 is using SUPER HMG technology which gives better repulsion..so it's depending on ur playin style then decide on which racquet u shld get..

2. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Well, according to the YY Marketing Engine, Arc10 has the worst "repulsion" and the best "hold", whatever that means.

I totally agree with that. My Zelm feels more powerful than either racket even evident in clearing. My Cab30 likely matches both in all department except a bit slower in defense but the feel on every shot is divine.

At the end of the day, technologies are introduced into rackets to deliver a particular result. I will be interested only when YY can clearly communicate those results than the marketing speech it is giving now. Meanwhile, YY can sprinkle all that super nano carbon technology into its epoxy mix and airbrush its racket with super duper cool tech adverts but the racket reviews by actual users is what I will go by.

This is not to say that the ARC10 or NS9900 are bad rackets. They are great stuff but should be viewed as a total racket package. Application of a few wonder materials does not magically bestow special powers to a racket.

#22 weeyeh, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  3. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Agree with weeyeh; I think ultimately it all depends on the individual; both rackets each have their own virtues; not sure how much difference having the nano molecules or fullerene would matter as much :D

4. dairyboichau

dairyboichau Regular Member

i actually have both rackets and indeed they do perform differently

i, along with others with the arc10, modded it to make it slightly head heavy. even without the lead tape i felt that it was still slightly on the heavy side and tiring on the wrist. repulsion wise yes it is really good but i still lacked a good bang. but most shots were effortless

i thus ventured into the realm of Nanospeed 9.9k (as I broke my Nanospeed 8000) and i am already very happy with the racket. the maneuverability and head quickness is definitely there.

i can't do an indepth comparison yet as i've only tried the nanospeed 9.9k for 2 sessions, but will try to compare them better upon more testing :)

5. foureyeming

foureyeming Regular Member

quick question , how did you break your ns8000 and which racket is lighter ns9900 or ns8000

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Ponder this:

Neither the current MS World # 1 (Lee Chong Wei) nor the current MS World # 2 (Lin Dan) is using either an ArcSaber 10 or a Nanospeed 9900.

Fu Haifeng, the world's hardest hitter (on record), too has no use for these racquet models.

If these racquets represent the height of technology and are all about 'hold', 'repulsion' and other such meaningless ad-words, why are these champions NOT using these magical weapons? :rolleyes:

Stay away from snake-oil salesmen and stay close to your own common sense :)

PS: By the way, if you like the racquet, use it :)

7. szekt

szekt Regular Member

I have a feeling when you are at the professional level, it is not so much the newest racket or the more high tech racket that matters...it is the one that they have played for years or gotten accustomed to; dont know if either of the above rackets had been around for either of them to have tried sufficiently long enough...:rolleyes:

Having said that, I am not saying that either Arc 10 or NS9900 is definitely the ideal racket to have for either the 2 players, given time....

furthermore, it is well known that sometimes professional players can be superstitious.....why change to something else if the current one is doing its job...

But absolutely agree that afterall, it boils down to personal choice:D

8. dairyboichau

dairyboichau Regular Member

i clashed it with an mp100 T-T twas a sad day but i've had the racket for 4 years now so it has served me well =]
    as per which racket is lighter, i still think that ns8000 is a tad lighter. not that ns9900 isn't light - it's still very quick to maneuver and if you have a fast swing you'll be able to utilize the racket very well =]

+1 you won't know if you like it until you try it
    to date i think i still like the at900-t and now i'm in love with the nanospeed 9.9k =]. so far very easy to propel shots and uses very little effort. but need more sessions to fully adjust to the racket XD
    but you're right as well Oldhand, it doesn't matter what racket you use - as long as it suits your play style and you like it stick by it =]

9. yukyankee

yukyankee Regular Member

Wanna ask
    In Singapore, how much do these 2 rackets cost?

10. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
  11. jebatdurhaka

jebatdurhaka Regular Member

i have both rackets (arc10 and ns9900) ..

setup -
    1) arc10, strung @26x28 with ashaway mp (0.66)
    2) ns9900, strung @27x29 with yonex bg66

so far the 'hold' and 'repulsion' parameters are quite true. in summary, you feel the shutle more with arc10 but it's difficult to have ultimate power from it. for ns9900, the shuttle leaves the racket almost immediately ..

but at the end of the day .. it's the combination of the player and the tool. in theory, if you are a weak player .. ns9900 should suit you better; gives you the punch needed. but if you're strong player, then arc10 will give you the control needed.

but these statements are only true if we made other parameters (stength, BP, shaft flexibility, tension, ... etc) constant, which is not possible.

hence, the only advice I could give is .. know you as a player first; your strengths, your weaknesses and your objective, then use those parameters (hold, repulsion, head heaviness and maneuvarilibity) to shortlist the potential rackets ..

hope it helps ..

12. Shuttlekok

Shuttlekok Regular Member

I have yet to get the chance to try the 9900 but comparing arc10 and AT900T, it's the AT900T anytime! Even my coach is impressed and my racket is with him now... :)

Once I get to try the 9900 (that is if I ever want to pay for it), I will make a comparison but having heard so many reports saying it's really light, I am thinking twice... I am used to a heavier racket.

Cheers all!

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    If you are used to heavier racket AT900T would be an ideal one for you.

14. tq_23

tq_23 Regular Member

unemployed
    well just get both..to begin with,use the Arc10..unleash the power while ur arm/wrist still got it..after a few games wen ur tired..switch to the NS9900..it wud take minimal effort to use the NS9900 due to it's lightness...thats wat im on now..and i try to keep the strings and tensions the same for both..so it doesnt vary too much..it all down to the characteristics of the rackets and urself...just my 2cents..cheers!:D

15. Gustavo Pupo

Gustavo Pupo New Member

Cada um se adapta melhor a uma raquete , não da para saber qual é melhor.

16. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

lol haha, I had to do that before too, trust me you will get the forearm power you want, lol :p:p:D

17. firetridagger

firetridagger Regular Member

Student
    I own a Arcsaber10 SP and a Nanospeed 9900 SP

Personally, I prefer the Arc10 over the 9900.
    1. Colour [RED]
    2. It smashes better

18. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

I would say to get the Ns9900 O.O, like you said you you didnt really like the NS9000S headlightness, but NS9900 head is abit heavier, beside people who uses headlight tends to take longer to get use to Arcsabers O.O, really it was difficult for me even when i was soo use to headheavy, prolly cuz i wasnt use to the stiffness, but now I LOVE it lol, is amazing racket if you can swing it correctly at the right timing and speed, I say if your goin to use arcsaber you must have both arm and forearm strenght and must be use at a higher tension to get the full potention of the racket.
    then I recommend you NS9900, is faster and alot more characterist( like more headheavy and alil stiffer ) that makes it stronger ( makes your smash/strokes stronger ) than NS9000S, and is alot lighter, cuts through air like that :D, must have alot of speed on the arm or forearm tho, alot of speed anywhere on the arm will help get the power out ( cuz of the X-Stiff )

#38 DanhNguyen5.3, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  19. RELIN

RELIN New Member

TECHNICAL SALES EXEC.
    I have tried the arc saber 10, it feels like a sword, the string makes a clinging noice on impact with shuttle. Feels very powerful in my hands. Awesome accuracy and easy manueverability, i am sure this racket is perfect for the agressive players.

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    NS9900 is double oriented racket, on the other hand, Arc 10 can be used in both Single & Double. In nature Arc 10 is quite head heavy but quite fast as well, making it value buy racket, the Jack of all trades.

If budget is a concern, go with Arc 10..