Arc 10 vs Nanospeed 9900

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by szekt, Mar 7, 2009.

1. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Hi, just wondering between the above two rackets, which is the better all- round racket? I had previously played with nanospeed 9000S and felt that it was a bit too head light; otherwise nanospeed was light and very easy to manouvre; am thinking of trying my luck with either one of the two but cant afford to buy both... heehee:D; I play mainly singles and of low intermediate level; not exactly a hard hitter as well and actually feel my smash has greater power with an "average" racket like Head nanofire (?even balance) or my good ole round head SunBatta boron racket; I know Nanospeed 9900 is quite a new racket and so not many may have the opportunity to have played with it... but hope players who have tried both the above rackets could give their comments...thanks. :)

2. MZHZ92

MZHZ92 Regular Member

Pupil
    u cant compare these two. the one is the flagship of arc-series, the other new flagship of ns-series. of course both are great, look at the reviews!

3. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i am pretty sure it is because you have not really gotten the maxed out swing power to unleash the true potential of the NS9000S. Dont worry, the power will come with time practice, and some forearm exercise.

4. IntenseAsian

IntenseAsian New Member

depends on what you are looking for,

the nanospeed 9900 is a mix of the arc saber series with the nanospeed series. They both have the "slim isometric head shape". However if you dont like the lightness of nanospeed seies you shouldn't get near the 9900. Ive held one and its very very feather like light.

On the other hand...

the arc10 doesn't have the technology like other high end yonex racquets and i didn't like playing with them, but it is a good all around racquet and even balance

have you considered a AT900T???

5. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Ha ha thanks for the tip; I know my forearm power is certainly not up to scratch and so I tend to rely more on my wrist. I can still smash with my nanospeed 9000S...just that I need to swing harder...:)... still working on my forearm haha:D

6. szekt

szekt Regular Member

I thought the arc 10 is pretty good in terms of features.... but I guess it may not matter that much to my overall play (my skills and technique is more likely the limiting factor); but having said that, thought that since I am going to get another racket, decided that I might want to get one which is more all round:); I actually like the light feeling of my nanospeed but need to sweat a bit more to get a good smash...

Havent considered the AT series...somehow feel that it may not be suitable due to the head-heavinees of it...:)

7. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Well....

I am having AT-700, AT-700LTD, NS9000X and Arc Saber 10.

I like all the rackets.

Overall, I prefer Arc Saber 10 strung with BG66Sharp at 28LBS X 28LBS. Very good power (with no lead strips). After using the racket for a couple of time, you will be capable of wielding equal power as per compared to AT-700 or AT-700LTD. The wonder part of it is that you will be capable of wielding the same power even after 6 games....:D

My vote is Arc Saber 10.

Well.:rolleyes:... personal preference though...;)

Thanks.

8. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    Dont bothering the features :D but looking of your preference i agree with @HKchua Arc10 looks better for you :D Try them first in case you dont like it, so you're not wasting your money to get one :D

9. noggin

noggin Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Based on what you've said above, I'm not sure why you're looking at these two racquets? Seems to me that you get more from what you call "average" racquets, so it may be that these racquets have more flexible shafts that are helping your hitting action.

Perhaps you should consider something with a less stiff shaft? Both the Arc10 and the new Nanospeed have stiff or very stiff shafts and neither has that much weight in the head to help you flex the shaft (the Arc10 being slightly head heavier).

Just a thought - that could save you quite a bit of money as well!

10. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Thanks HKChua and Issa for the replies; actually bfore I started this thread, I had done a bit of searching for the posts in this forum related to Arc 10 and nanospeed 9900 (not that many as it is still a new racket) and sort of came to the conclusion to get arc 10; however, really liked the way NS9900 looks (the "shallow-me" crying out).... and reckon since NS 9900 is a newer racket, probably means it has more "super-duper" power enhancing characteristics haha:D

11. szekt

szekt Regular Member

I think the stiffness may not be that much of an issue; I had also previously played with Cab 20 and felt good (Cab 20 is stiff, right?); however, have to admit the Head nanofire was labelled "flexible" on the shaft though.

12. NaVdEep

NaVdEep Regular Member

Business Owner
    I like my NS 9900 JP over my Arc Saber 10 SP

13. wiwi86

wiwi86 Regular Member

student
    juz get ArcSaber10 if u haven hav a decent racquet...NS9900 can wait til u hav spare cash aft buyin ArcSaber10...

14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I do not own either but have just tested both last weekend. I didn't get the super power feeling from the ARC10 nor the NS9900. Both are nice and very fast rackets so you will not go wrong with either. With ARC10, you will probably need to raise the tension a little.

Personally, I will get the ARC10 over the NS9900 because I prefer the way it swings. That its a good SGD50 cheaper certainly helps. Personally again, I will not get either...

15. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Got my hands on Arc10; actually feels heavier than my old NS9000S despite both being 3U. Subjectively feels that my smash slightly more powerful, otherwise seems to feel the same as my NS9000S; less manouverable compared to my NS9000S but only slight though; dunno why but somehow seems to hit the frame more:p

Overall effect on the level of play minimal....haha, which goes to show it is the individual technique and skills that matters:D:D

Maybe I will discover more "virtues" of Arc 10 when I get more used to it; afterall, it has only been one game!:)

As for NS9900, can only wait and maybe when the price drops one day, might consider getting one heehee:D:D

16. Gold-

Gold- Regular Member

-
    compare with the durability of the shaft and frame which is better ns9900 or arcsaber10?

17. tq_23

tq_23 Regular Member

unemployed
    glad that you chose the Arc 10!!..i think its more suited for singles player..coz the ns9900 is damn light suited for fast games like doubles..dats in my opinion..i currently on the Arc10..experimenting with the type/tension of strings now..hhehe..

18. mokmatthew

mokmatthew Regular Member

If the 2 rackets are sold at similar price, I recommend NS9900 rather than arc 10. Above all, 9900 uses better technology than arc 10...right? The most disappointing thing is that 9900 does not have C.S. carbon nanotube just like arc 10 and also no elastic-Ti like the 9000X/S... Hoped that the next generation of NS series includes these tech.

19. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I think all the technology talk is all just marketing gimmick by Yonex. Besides, why would Yonex incorporate everything they have into one single racket?

20. wiwi86

wiwi86 Regular Member

student
    wat string n tension is gd for ArcSaber10?

i used to use BG-66 on tension 27lbs for my ArcSaber10 n it broke v v v easily..i tink less than 2hrs of continuous playing, it will break alrdy..so nw im using BG-65 on tension 26lbs n it still wrkin well despite all e smashin n hard hitting..