Anybody tried Felet rackets?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by SSSSNT, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

You've got 2 (maybe 3 if you include the S9), which I'm semi interested in. The Felet Aero carbon is annoyingly much cheaper in Malaysia. I know this is a bit of a guess, but would you take a 3U if giving the option?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

2. Barkov Maxim

Barkov Maxim Regular Member

1) I did not have an access to Malaysian market, delivery from the official site is about 130 USD...
    2) FAC has very good control, fast in defence. Today it was tested in my club by several players. FAC received a positive fidback.
    I enjoyed by FAC a lot. It delivers high quality gameplay. String should be changed to more repulsive one in the future.
    3) I did not tried 3U version. For me a swing momentum 86 kg cm^2 (4U) is close to optimal.
    I am a big man with VERY good smash. I was able to manage 3U head heavy professional rackets 5-15 years ago, but now my conditions far from ideal. 3U 100zz leads me to wrist injury which I suffer last several months. Relativelly light rackets (4U-5U) allow me to recover and play with good performance.

#22 Barkov Maxim, Mar 16, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  3. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

3u aerocarbon is very very amazing racket (would be using them as main drivers but broke one in a clash and it is very difficult to get them in Europe), extremely fast and easy to play, lots and lots of power, but since it is really wet noodle - control is very mediocre, other than that very nice tool, but would love to try TJ Rateon 9 in 3u, fully recessed aero frame with sling shot T joint - that is something that no other brand has by a big margin :)

4. Nyamsus

Nyamsus New Member

anyone here tried the 3K woven fence and can give a review of it?
    I like the design a lot, and wonder if it's worth it.

5. Jun Keat Ng

Jun Keat Ng Regular Member

3k frence more to single or double both

if u wan speed and control, take 4u
    if u wan power, control and power take 3u, coz felet 3u is other brand 4u like yonex lining victor, 4u is abit too light for playing attack

that shaft shift is medium shift so u no nid worry about cant push repulsion power of racket, about string wif playing control i suggest bg66 brilliant with 27tension for casual player

Nyamsus likes this.
  6. Christ14

Christ14 New Member

Howd you rate FAC against astrox99p?

I have the astrox 99 play and looking for a change

7. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

for those who have bought 3U felet rackets - can you guys confirm is it written 3U (either engraved/just stickers) on the rackets itself or is it classified by actual weight put on weight scale

the reason i'm asking is becoz i have a run in with the local shops here in indonesia

i ordered 3U and they sent me 4U-labeled rackets

both shops denies any wrongdoing even though both rackets are clearly labeled 4U ( one is engraved and the other one is just some sort of sticker on the cone area - but both definitely are original and yes even the stickers one definitely comes from factory-made)

the engraved one i let it go becoz when i weigh it on my scale it is 84.8 gram empty without string and with original grip still on and clear plastic off (the shop said felet 3U spec is 86 gram and there is +/- so i let it go)

the sticker one is 85.5 gram with string exbolt65 original grip on clear plastic off - now this one i don't accept the shop explanation that felet factory put the wrong sticker

why ? becoz 85.5 gram with string is 4U class no matter how you spin it and really ??? factory put on wrong sticker explanation?

then the shop started saying my weight scale is inaccurate

for ur info i have weight scale that takes one n a half hour to set up and 0.005 gram resolution up to 6kg - do you know how expensive such scale is? and the shop accusing me of using inaccurate scale?

and sure enough it reads 85.36 gram on my 'medium' weight scale (string on ori grip on clear plastic off)

this is my 7th felet racket and this looks to be going to be my last one

yenyesoh likes this.
  8. SIM YUN KIAT

SIM YUN KIAT Regular Member

Sorry to hear that. 3U is mostly 90g

9. supersmashbros

supersmashbros New Member

Bought 2 pcs 3u n 4u. Previously using ax88d 3u gen 1 but couldnt find replacement n dont want to risk it in doubles.

3u: Feels similar to arc10 but slightly head heavier n faster. Head lighter than 88d n faster. Solid meaty feeling, more so than arc10 but crisper than 88d. Sweetspot smaller than both, but if times correctly power is thr; raw power : arc10 << 3k < 88d; ease of power generation: 88d << arc10 << 3k. Shaft stiffness : arc10 <= 3k < 88d. Control: arc10 <= 88d=3k. Overall a good quality all round racket, 1/2 d price of yy but 80-90% of d performance.

4u: a little too light for me. Swings ridiculously fast n good front court racket. Full on power lacking but for fast wrist smashes v good.

10. It'sMeMeMe

what i really want to know is does Felet as a factory can ship a racket with the wrong sticker of weight class ? or engrave the wrong weight class

becoz apparently both shops are using that argument as an excuse which i find very hard to accept

i already talked to some smaller shops and trustworthy shops that supplied me over the years and pretty much all of them says it's almost impossible and that they suggested that what most probably happened was they weigh the new rackets and categorizes themselves becoz felet provides an opportunity becoz their official 3U rating is 86 gram

so they took the heavier 4U and sold them as 3U and then when a customer asks they would say the factory put wrong sticker/ engrave wrong number

this is really stupid in my opinion

do these shops realise that they are weighing the rackets with the clear plastics still attached and the stickers ?

what a chaos down here in indonesia .....everything ruined by small brain shop owners

11. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Or they don't have 3U so just send you 4U so they still make a sale.

Just make a complaint for refund or give bad review if that fails to warn others not to buy from that shop.

12. It'sMeMeMe

i already asked both shops before buying and both said the 3u are ready and i ordered the 3u

this is just clearly both shops trying to be 'smart' while in reality they are being very stupid

after further checking one of the shop is actually quite big distributor of felet in indonesia so yeah whatever man i already tell the smartass boss good luck conducting business like this and he replied he doesn't mind losing a customer like me

so.....yeah i'm done with felet

13. It'sMeMeMe

there can't be any refund becoz i had the racket strung with expensive exbolt 65 jp-coded strung straight from their shop (i wanted to try their stringing since they claim they have very pro stringer on new digital machine - though when the racket came it was 2 knots.......so probably just another big talk but empty in reality)

they can't accept refund coz it's considered second hand already

so yeah....goodbye felet

14. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

What the name of the store?

15. Budi

Budi Regular Member

2 or 4 knot, some say it doesnt matter but for 2 knot it require good skill & experience coz when mistake is happen, the result could ruin your racket.
    But my personal experience, i never satisfy with 2 knot on many different stringer.

Mind if you share the name & location of store?
    If they dont mind losing you & its already happening, be sure to let all know & losing even more people trust.

16. It'sMeMeMe

search indonesia shopee

badmintoncentral

olotrim

17. It'sMeMeMe

both shops 1 owner

i bought from olotrim

after i block him

the owner contacted me using badmintoncentral

so definitely 1 owner

and i block both now so no more contact

coz both had bad responses no respect

the other shop that i let go (racket no. 6) i won't write here coz the racket does weigh 3u though somewhat borderline and the matter is close already anyway

anyway i won't be buying from all 3 shops anymore so doesn't matter that much to me

#37 It'sMeMeMe, Jul 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  18. It'sMeMeMe

so after 2 sessions i would say their stringer is excellent indeed

so 2 knots doesn't matter eh

doesn't matter 1 plus won't make me pardon this

19. Budi

Budi Regular Member

When they say they are ok losing you when they did the mistake, its mean they had no respect to you as a customer & to his own works.
    No matter how good the stringer, i wont trust my racket or any other stuff to someone who pay no respect to their own jobs. Half ass work would just resulting so so output. Nah... Stringer are not only him, find another stringer bro.

20. It'sMeMeMe

there was no mistake

they claimed they sent the correct racket and that it is my weight scale that is not accurate

regarding the 4u label on the racket they claimed it is felet factory that's at fault....putting 4u label onto a 3u racket

then the boss sent me picture or screenshot from felet or whatever saying it's common mistake at felet factory for this to happen

i have several local stringers that i frequent and trust with no problemo....however when i buy rackets online be it from shuttle house or luxis or e78 or from shops in china i always buy it strung

it is just my habit dunno why i guess it is just convenient i don have to take the racket to stringer when it arrives i guess....i just can just put overgrip and play right away.....it is habit....if i don like the stringer then i cut it then bring it to my regular

come to think of it this actually started when i was in the states....the city was small was like 55k population only ....only 1 stringer n not so good since his usual orders were tennis rackets - so i buy rackets online and strung already (i bought from badmintonalley and some others at that time i think ahah)

btw they said they don't need a customer like me was after i release the money to them n give 1 star rating for the racket 4 star for the 2 knot string 5 star for the extra packing and 5 star for the ibuki dekoboko

so yeah many shops out there so nvm i always buy from many shops anyway including small ones (that 6th felet racket was from a very small shop in small town )

now that i'm already calm down and over it i guess bleh no biggie....the racket perform ok anyway with 2 gram on the 2 and 10 o clock

i just don't like being deceived especially by smartasses