ALL ENGLAND 2008 Draw

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by ianmercer89, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    All England 07

as I mentioned it before, if LYB wants LD to become AE winner for 3 times, it will cause disharmonize in CHN MS team, consider LD receives so many "advantages" from his team mates (according to the most of the BCers).

LD had ever won it twice. no need to pursue the other goal. its hard to break Rudi's record.

Indonesia Open 2004

if I'm not wrong, BCL vs CH played first.
    But if LYB wants his squad to win IO 04, absolutely he must "force" CH to give the final ticket for BCL, as an anticipation if TH win against LD (surely TH was the favorite, coz this is his home ground).

a win in Ina Open, in front of the crowd of reigning OG champion absolutely is great. it can proved that TH just lucky to win the OG's title

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The Hong Kong Open 2007 had a number of examples of withdrawals and junior players having to let their senior won:
    1. Lin Dan vs Chen Jin -- Chen Jin played half-heartedly, despite destroying Sony Dwi Kuncoro in the QF. At the end, he did not finish the match, citing injury :eek: Lots of boos in the QES stadium when that match finished in the way that the audience disliked :eek::mad:

2. Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun vs Xie Zhongbo/Guo Zhendong -- the 2nd pair withdraw, citing injury also, when in fact, I saw Xie Zhongbo practising with Zheng Bo in the next day :eek:

3. Zheng Bo/Gao Ling vs Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen -- ditto....the 2nd pair also withdrew.

4. Xie Xingfang vs Lu Lan -- see 1 above....Lu Lan did finish the match though...but it was clear that she did not even want to play :eek::eek:

5. Xie Xingfang vs Zhu Lin -- not so obvious as the above, but, I noticed Zhu Lin looked "disgusted" and certainly did not play her best badminton :mad::rolleyes:

So, I would say, its sweet and satisfying to watch Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan as well as Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir eventually won the titles in Hong Kong....fair and square!

#122 badMania, Feb 27, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

LOL...luck or not, he DID WIN the Olympic Games 2004. Where was Lin Dan, Bao Chunlai and Chen Hong in that Olympic? Oh yeah...Lin Dan got beaten in the very first round by a lowly ranked Ronald Susilo. The others also lost even before the Semi-Finals (Bao lost to Park Sung Hwan in R16 and Chen lost to Shon Sheung Mo in QF) :p

How Lin Dan wish he would also be just lucky that year :rolleyes:;)

I dare not imagine if Lin Dan were to lose the Olympics title again this year :cool:

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup...that guy is hilarious....as a China-supporter, he used all these matches to prove that China is absolutely not guilty of "match-fixing". Like u mentioned, I don't think anyone of us here cited those matches as obvious examples :p

Now a challenge to our dear Winston:
    PROVE that the above mentioned matches in HK Open were not "fixed"!

But eh...I did remember you had given one reason which "supported" the match fixing thingy: since this is Olympic qualification period, its "okay" for Team China to fix those matches and let those important players gain more Olympic points....LOL! I can't help but to burst into laughter....

#124 badMania, Feb 27, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  5. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Kurang ajar man...wat the heck why dun u prove that HK open is not fixed??? China is superior but they are not in terms of sportmanship

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Who do you think is most likely to beat him ? :D

7. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    his first round opponent :D

8. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    I would be laughing.....

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Lee Hyun Il, Park Sung Hwan or Lee Chong Wei (based on recent months' performances).

It's likely he will not meet LCW until the Final, given their rankings right now.

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Fair comment. I think so too. I wish Lee Hyun Il well coz he is able to take out anyone today due to the recent performances. Li Mao has done well as coach.

For LCW, he just gets better every day -- I think he may start favorite for the Olympics if he wins the AE.

LD has to show a lot more -- just matching LHI in the KO is not going to 'wow' anyone. I will reserve my comment on his performance after the AE.

PSH is hard to predict but is the dark horse.

Taufik is tough to beat but more beatable these days based on his performances.

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

everybody pls cool down....!!...
    winston, next time think wisely about the fact b4 u posting..

12. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    George..Not there to support Roslin meh...He win already..:D:D:pSigh..I think everybody need some liang teh now..

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Koo/Tan & Lee CW departing tonite from KLIA to Birminham, they will be participating an exhibition match there.
    Anyone knows what is the lines-up for these matches?

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I just posted their departure also ( one question thre)....INA tomorrow afternoon....

15. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Pls//pls..win Frans/Rendra

16. Keios

Keios Regular Member

Student
    They are playing in the world class exhibition at stratford upon avon on sunday. the match ups are as follows:

TH vs LCW
    Koo/Tan vs Clark/Blair

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    This is indeed a World Class exhibition match for MS..
    While Koo/Tan need to avende theri defeat to Clark/Blair in SC'07 @ Glascow.

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

keios, will u be attending the exibition match??
    hope u can record the match for us.

19. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Both Koo/Tan admitted this year AE'08 will not gona be as easy as last year. They preferred no to set any modest target.
    Their confidence never hit low even though they suffered a surprise loss to the scatch Korean pair recently at HCH City.
    According to Koo, their form is slightly higher at the moment than when they participating in MAS open early in this year.
    " Defeat by the Korean Scatch pair is not a big deal, infact they were not our main target to beat"
    Many fans just remembered how they suffer the embarassing loss against the korean makeshift pair, but they never realised that this MAS pair a actually able to overcome their haunting in the group game against the Taiwanese pair : Tsai/Hu who famously defeated them last year
    Tan : We are about 20-30% less to be back on our best form as in the early of last year. In regards with Skills & Stamina, we are more better than last year. The main obstacles now is to dig out our winning formula .
    He also admitted their mental is not stable which in many occasions coz them dearly to lose the match.

Rexy also did not set any target for them in this AE, but he remain confidence for them to have a strong showing in this back to back Euro SS.
    They will once against face the Japanese pair Ikamoto/Sakeda who doomed them in last year WC.
    Tan : We will well prepare this time to fight back and avenge the defeat.

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hafiz never throws his match... especially when he is playing his brother.