AE 07 Predictions

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by sihar, Feb 11, 2007.

1. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

MS Finals
    Taufik Hidayat vs Chen Jin 99%-1%

Poor Chen Jin, he only stand 1% chance towards TH? This prediction is a little bit too "cruel" for CJ. He beat TH before in China Open. :(

2. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    yep..if taufik reaches the finals,he will win the title for sure,since this is the only title missing from his "purse".:D Btw..im no taufik fan..

3. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
    I think it's a bit ridiculous to predict QF outcome even before the qualifiers have started. If we have learnt one thing from previous SS tournaments, it is that upsets seems more likely to happen than before,
    I wouldn't be surprised if half the line up dun even make it to the QF.

4. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya... i agree fully with you...From what i have learnt from the previous super series, i dare not to predict anything before the matches started because i started to realize that anything may happen and it is not predictable...So, we can just wait and see..All the best to the players.

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Predictions great for learning

Nothing wrong with predictions.Predictions indicate perceptions of player status among fans. Eg. the player that's being elevated the most so far this year is CJ.The question is whether he has improved dramatically or whether his opponents' form have dropped dramatically.If it's mainly his opponents' problem, then CJ is overrated.
    Another lesson learnt is that with the NSS, it's costly to underestimate your opponent. LD paid for writing off PSH who clearly had done his homework (Of course the unexpected, hostile MAS crowd catalysed his downfall.)Also ,with the new draw format, LD has to start working from 1st round where in the old, he effectively had to work for only three matches; now it's five.
    With obvious exceptions, most predictions are based on logic. The first two SS suggest about 50% of the outcome will be illogical.

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    You are wrong!

In fact, the past taught us that it was Lin Dan who made it so predictable ! :D As long as Lin Dan was in, he would be the last winner. He grabbed most of titles he played for. It was, at least, so predictable.

7. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Wrong. Lin Dan used to beat 6 in a row to win the title, now only need 5 wins.

I think you could mean 3 strong competitors before, but that's not true either. By limiting only 26 players in the main draw, it only becomes less competitive. Look at the all England draws, Wong CH, Simon, Qiu YB, Tommy, Poompat, Kuan BH, and 2 others are fighting for 1 spot in the main draw. It only makes the top 32 players much easier. Otherwise, according to your theory, who benefit the new draw format? The players ranked under 32?

I think Taufik should be the one benefit the most. He always has problems to play 6 matches in a row, reality check, he even not win 6 matches in a row to claim a title outside Indonesia. His stamina could not support him to play 6 matches.

It is purely zero-sum game. If you think Lin Dan suffering from the new system, then players like Wong CH, Simon, ..., have to play 8 matches in a row, 3 matches in a day benefit from the new system :rolleyes:

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    It will be hard for Taufik and LinDan to win this time around. But Taufik wanted to win this AE badly. He will be going to England early to prepare for the event.

9. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

You are right, ants. This time, at all England, both Lin Dan and Taufik get tough draws this time. This is just the accidents and coincidence, Not because the new system. Most main draw players get more chances than the 64 entries draw.

10. indra

indra Regular Member

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Ok.. Indra have his % for Taufik..

How bout Lindan vs Taufik for others?

Lindan vs PeterGade

Or Lindan vs LCW

or Taufik vs LCW in Finals?

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    2 Olympic Singles Champions never won the AE

Coincidently, Taufik Hidayat and Zhang Ning, Olympic Champions, have never won the AE.

Could it be a coincidence that they will both win this year? :rolleyes:

Maybe for TH, but for ZN, it may be more difficult as age has caught up with her and she has not been in good form towards the latter part of last year.

And in WS, China has the most entries - 6 in all to prevent others from taking the title.

#113 Loh, Feb 21, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  14. ants

ants Regular Member

ZN has slowed down abit. But never underestimate this woman. She is still dangerous.

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Winning AE07 would complete ZN's career. With 6 WS in 07AE, the chances of all-CHN SF line-up is favourable, and that would enable LYB to fix game so that ZN would win the elusive AE to close out her career.

16. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Well, no matter how many Chinese there in the draw, but there is none CHN player in the 3rd quarter. So it will be impossible to have an all CHN SF lineup.

Actually, there are even 3 CHN players in the 4th quarter where Zhang Ning is in, but none CHN in the 3rd quarter.

17. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

I note with interest as well as disappointment the bold statements made by some BC members regarding fixing of matches by LYB. I am not a fan of LYB, neither am I anti-LYB. But I really find it strange that in almost every big tournaments, some of the BC members/fans can actually accuse him of fixing matches. And as proven many times, they were wrong at the outcome of the results. What next....any apologies...or respite for LYB???

18. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    aye, sadly i fully agree with you. it is hard enough to find good players in malaysia. in fact the next generation, other than KKK and TBH, looks not up to par yet with the pros. i really dont want to agree but i have seen bad management of sports in malaysia. where politics plays a way too big role. we need to change the mindset of sports management in order to change the current stagnant trend in malaysia be it badminton or any other sport. badminton is one of malaysia better sport in terms of performance. please lets make people stop calling us Mana Ada Sistem, Mana Ada Strategi and Mana Ada Semangat. we could really use a revamp on all those, system strategy and spirit. in the end though, i still want one of those struggling malaysian to win AE. go malaysia! he he he

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Regular Member

Student
    I really want to see a LCW vs LD match.Really miss them playing against one another :D But...lets see how it goes.I wish I could go to Birmingham and watch the AE:crying:

20. Bombat

Bombat Regular Member

Taufik VS Lindan again

I never get bored to watch Taufik vs Lindan rematch..because it alwasy be a very intense match for me..And this tourney is on Taufik's list and he must be try his best to win and Lindan also never gives his rival to win easily..:crying::crying:can wait to see them..I don't know the match draw yet, do they will meet in final according the drawing or they will meet again in early round?