2016 YONEX ALL ENGLAND Open SSP - ROUND of 16(10th March )

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2016' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Black Tiger

Black Tiger Regular Member

LYD/ YYS losing the first game against Lu Kai/ Liu Cheng. After so many major upsets, I'm getting really worried here...

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh dear me fell sleep yesterday midnight while watching the matches live too sleepy couldn't stay awake at all. Then awoken in the dawn to see some surprising result. I was awoken 1 hour ago so the surprising result. Felt so sad to see Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol losing their match today. So sad for me. That means another second round exit. Oh no. Second round exit again???? Perhaps doing double duty has taken a tool on their performance.

Then found out that Ko Sung Hyun / Kim Ha Na have both lose their XD matches as well. For me is it oh no. Not another second round exit again. Perhaps just as said doing double duty is not good for Ko Sung Hyun. Last week both Ko and Shin are the heroes reaching 2 finals. This week both are shown the second round exit in their respective MD and XD matches. So I concluded inconsistencies in their result then.

Then what a surprise as Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong created upset to win over the world ranked no 2 Indonesian MD, Mohammad Ahsan / Hendra Setiawan. Oh wow what an unexpected result here.

Then next Goh V Shem / Tan Wee Kiong also win over Chai Biao / Hong Wei. Also an unexpected result for me.

Looks like there are lots of unexpected results in this tournament. :)

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I have definitely miss lots of exciting matches yesterday. I miss all the nice Korean matches. Woke up 1 hour ago just to find so many Korean players already lose. Oh dear me.

All the Korean XD are shown the first round and second round exit. That means 6 Korean XD pairs have all lost. Son Wan Ho and Sung Ji Hyun also lost leaving no representatives in the MS and WS yet again.

As usual Chang Ye Na / Lee So Hee won their WD match today. So shocking for me indeed. Poor performance from the Korean side in this tournament.

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Now watching both the Korean MD matches live though still in sleepy mode due to lack of sleep. Oh Wow looks like Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong are struggling to win their respective MD match. Then as for Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang both won the first set but going to lose the second set. Both didn;t play well either.

So finally I am glad that I didn't watch any of the Korean matches live yesterday. No point for me to stay up the whole night didn't sleep just to watch the Korean players all lose one by one. Today is indeed a sad day for me to see such poor results from Korea. :crying:

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Struggling indeed. LYD / YYS lose the first set 23-25 to a newly formed China MD pair of Liu Cheng / Lu Kai. Oh dear they just won the second set 22-20. Not convincing either. I cannot believe that their performance is that bad today. Oh dear me.

As for court 2 I don't think Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang can win their match over Chris Langridge / Marcus Ellis as both have just lost the second set 16-21. Oh dear me. I just cannot bear to watch these 2 matches live anymore.

6. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

LYD/YYS battling as hard as yesterday against the jap team !!! Already 1h10 min of match and the 3rd set just started

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

All right that's it. I will just accept the results. Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang just lose their match to Chris Langridge / Marcus Ellis. Oh dear me. How can they lose to the England MD Dark days ahead my Korean brothers. Oh Dear me exciting matches at the last but the results are wrong.

Now Korea only have 2 WD playing in the quarterfinals. Oh dear me.

8. Maurice MJC

Already 1h34 min of match between the koreans and the chinese pair!! What a battle !!! Are they gonna surpasse the 1h42 min match of the WD jap, longest match of the tournament so far :p

9. Maurice MJC

And LYD/YYS came out VICTORIOUS once again !!! 1h38 min of match !!! 4 min shy of the longest match of the tournament. Amazing MD match! After a 1h27 min battle against the Jap yesterday. Legs and arms are gonna be tired tomorrow

10. Maurice MJC

Pretty good schedule for tomorrow !

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh Congratulations to Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong who just survived the scare and won their MD matches today. :)

So as a conclusion Korea will only have 2 WD pairs and 1 MD pair playing in the quarterfinals later. What a poor performance from the Korean side. :crying:

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Ah for me as usual the first match starts at the early wee morning hours. But I won't complain about it. I will live with it and see how long can my battery last tonight.

13. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Haha, you guys forgot joj. First I want to see lin Dan beat him!! He needs to show most of what he got therefore I ensure you. Jan is walking through the tournament so far!!

14. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Surprise by the English pair, but I wonder whether they can play like today again. They just hit everything... Over their limit, but Lee yoo already 3h on court for md only...

15. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Ko Shin have so much potential I saw again today, but they looked tired, esp mentally they had periods with such easy unforced errors :'(

16. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Xue song played an amazing match... You could see cl being frustrated with his performance!
    This can't have been on purpose

17. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Goh tan also entertained the hall

18. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Goh/Tan win over CB/HW is not a surprise. The out-of-nowhere TBH/KKK won over Hendra/Ahsan that really surprised me the most. Sad feeling all over.

19. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Sorry to say this must be the worst choice!

20. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Another unseeded CHN XD pair combo is in the radar : WANG Yilyu/TANG Jinhua. CHN has so many of them :(

2 top INA XD will be in court #1 tomorrow now that I have to watch live. Tontowi/Natsir better avenge their last loss @ Dubai to the Husband/Wife Adcocks pair. Praveen/Debby hopefully can repeat their last win streak against LC/BYX.