2013 ALL ENGLAND SS Premier - Day 2 : Round of 32 (6th March)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2013' started by CLELY, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lee CW saved by the skin of his teeth,incredible. Yesterday at 17-12 I thought it's going to be a done deal and went off only to come back and get a jolt from the score; wow man, Wong Wing Ki, is on the rise.

I suspect Datuk is beginning to find it a bit harder to play at a high pace throughout a match, the more so for the whole tournament. I guess he's forced to transpose his explosive attacking game into a more all-rounded, balanced, patient,biding game but still an attacking style nevertheless.

We'll see him in the final.

2. samuelkirk05

samuelkirk05 Regular Member

Student
  3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Koo/Tan... I'm speechless...

4. Smautf

Smautf Regular Member

...a few more Day 2 bits and pieces

...after losing narrowly to LCW, WKW stops to sign autograph for little girl in the crowd and...gives her one of his rackets!

...not sure if this has been mentioned, but a good result for the Polish MD Moren/Szkudlarczyk winning in three against Hong/Shen (CHN)

...Varma (India) in a good victory over Rumbaka despite being totally outplayed in the first game

...amazing deluge of promising WS players from India, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan

...German WD (Michels/Goliszewski) took a game off ZYL/CS. Goliszewski has a strong smash

...it's an early bath if you're a supporter of English badminton, but Blair/Tan played well against Kido/Chandra and won in three

...noticed former England coach Andy Wood strolling around the concourse

...England players were given a special announcement before coming on court for their games. Don't think this was necessary - not even LCW got this treatment, and I don't mean any disrespect to the English players here either

That's all for now,

smautf

#904 Smautf, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I think you guys have ALL missed the point! :D :D :D

6. purextc69

purextc69 Regular Member

Boe and Mogenson out as well.... my god.