2012 London Olympics Day 3 (Monday 30th July)

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by LD rules!, Jul 29, 2012.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Please read back 2008 posts. The general consensus was Kido/Hendra were not in good form in 2008 compared to Fu/Cai, LYD/JJS. Fu/Cai and LYD/JJS were the favourites with Kido/Hendra 3rd. Kido/Hendra only won 2008 Msia SS while LYD/JJS were going in as the 2008 AE champ(plus other SS). This is considered pretty low key considering they were 2007 WC champ.

In 2010 AG, that is the surprise of surprises, they did not perform well that year, including a tournament a few weeks before Asian Games. Plus they had gone independent. Once again the favourites were Fu/Cai, LYD/JJS to win the MD. End up, both pairs didnt reach finals, the pair most unexpected to win won it.

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Their big supporter, Badmania was also worried abt their OG chances at the time. I remember thinking whether they could hack it as LYD/JJS were doing superbly early thru mid 2008. But after 2008, knew how they would peak. The other example or better example would be 2010 AG.
    If it's not major tournament, throughout the year, Kido/Hendra can be losing early rounds, QF rounds, a few semis, one or two titles, nothing impressive. So, their opponents and we the spectators wouldnt really know if they are really off form or just keeping low profile.

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Ivanov/Sozonov is definitely one of my favourite doubles combinations, as is Ivanov one of my favourite singles players. :) hopefully I'll see them on the circuit again soon! :)