2012 London Olympics Day 3 (Monday 30th July)

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by LD rules!, Jul 29, 2012.

1. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    Love this quote, its so me haha thanks

2. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    what a sweet morning when i woke up i saw in TS that Ahsan/Bona difeated the Koreans pair, this is their first winner just in the right time on the right place Well done boys

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    now that's a name that never ages.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Not entirely unreasonable. My former coach, an ex-international, would say the very same thing. A case of preparing and adjusting to conditions for later matches.

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    if I remember correctly, kiddo setiawan never beat koo tan in 7 meetings before Beijing 2008,

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    has to agree on this one, seems like datuklee deliberately extend the game

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    He was practicing his touch shots, which by the way, were almost always loose or not high enough to pass the net.

By the time it got to 11-11 in the decider, LCW changed curriculum to the tried and tested whacking mode ...... no problem with that.

8. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

datuk should be smart enough now that he doesnt show his special or newly learned skill and brag about it until he meets lindan or chenlong.. i remembered last time he and misbun brag about the new special skills to counter lindan but ended up being trashed badly by lindan as he was showing it since the very first match and keeps bragging...

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i still remember how lcw play all intended rubber game in MO 2010
    he played 5 rubber game there.
    it was disrespectful to opponent.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Kido/Hendra are the best in the 'performing badly bf major tournaments but end up winning the majors' mode.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

This time round, they performed so badly they did not have the opportunity to win the major

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

LCW need to practice very badly after nearly three months out of tournaments, so he has to test and practice his shots, he only has one match before QF.......so dont blame him on prolonging the match deliberately !!

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Kido/Hendra plays only to win, if not, no play !!

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    What our Olympic Games is all about ......

:D:D:D You must have watched it as it happened.

Anyway, THA opponents were sorry for him (that the injury happened).

It triggers again for us to remember what our Olympic Games is all about.

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Nope, they opted out bf end of qualication. They would hv qualified had they participated in Aust and last few touney before closing date

16. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    One Olympic Gold is bigger than 100 Super Series title....!!!

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Impressions of some of the afternoon matches..

..so i was there y;day, saw the afternoon matches..most of them are boring to be honest but saw a couple of interesting ones..Overall atmosphere was okay, a few chants here and there; pretty much a packed house..

- LD rules!'s fave, Mr. Ivanov played a wonderful game. Seemed like he was still carrying that momentum from the U.S. Open win. He was overall consistent and didn't make much mistakes. His length is definitely a big advantage, not so much for the killer jumpsmashes but in covering the court horizontally. For a guy as tall as him, his footwork and court coverage are not too shabby (although towards end of game 2, he did wrong-footed and nearly turned an ankle). There was a neat series of net exchanges vs. Hsu, with Mr. Ivanov winning at the end.
    *I should have a short video clip, of this match, towards the end of his win soon..;)

- XD match between CHN's Chen Xu & Ma Jin vs. THA's Sudket & Saralee. It was a close affair, but definitely Ma Jin was the difference. Sudket tried his best to force a rubber game but it wasn't meant to be. Chen Xu has a bit of awkward stroke.

- MD match between THA vs. Poland. Unfortunate ending for the Poles, as Logozs just slipped and fell. I didn't really catch what happened, but i could hear him writhe in pain all the way up at my seat. Cwaliska also looked disappointed as he attended his partner. The THA pair turned it up in the 2nd game, as if they've found the weakness of the Polish doubles.
    I've read a few posts regarding this THA pair and how they've suprised everyone. From what i saw, they really haven't impressed me yet. Perhaps they're still new to the circuit and a lot of pairs haven't played against them before...

- WS match between Yip PY vs. Sung JH. Seemed like Sung JH ran out of steam towards the end of the game, whilst Yip PY was still launching those jumpsmashes. Sung JH had a lead in the 2nd game, but just couldn't force a 3rd game.

- LD vs. Evans. Definitely a loud cheer for Evans as he entered. But LD was just playing around out there, giving some free pts. Quite a few close line calls, esp. the ones which fell in front of one of the ladies' linejudges; there's one call which the linejudge put her hands on her face as if to indicate she didnt' see. And there was another one which she changed the call from out to in, to the dismay of Evans.
    * I should have video clips of entire 1st game and partial 2nd game soon..

- MD's USA vs. JPN. The U.S. pair gave it their all but just couldn't contain the constant attack by the younger, quicker & faster JPN player. Final swansong for Tony....hope he enjoys the rest of his stay in London (unless he has to fly back soon).

- CSC vs. Prutsch. CSC definitely was the better player.

- Evening match, saw LCW vs. Ville Lang on tv. LCW looked rusty out there in the 2nd game or probably needed more warm-ups..

#777 ctjcad, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    From my seating position on, err, my couch beside the HD TV, Sung Ji Hyun looked uncomfortable and tense from the start of the match. Ran out of steam, yeah, mental steam, that is. Yippy, on the other hand, always makes her emotions known to all, so she could play more freely. Excellent for her to turn the tide after being down 3-9 at the 2nd.

19. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Disagreed. They wont be first seeded if they dont perform well before the OG.

They were on fiery form prior to Beijing and had win countless titles in 2007/2008. It was really unexpected that Koo/Tan had to lose in that only match out of 7 meetings.

20. sen

sen Regular Member

Not really performing badly, they won many big tournaments before 2008 but they peak at the right time in 2008 Olympic

Agree with that. Also there is the factor of winning mentality especially when it comes to once in a lifetime opportunity