2011 World Championship Draw is out!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by Sandy, Jul 24, 2011.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

but they got their destroyer Ko/Yoo at the same quarter... unless like last year WC KKK/TBH able to defeat this nemesis KOR pair...

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    if this kkk/tbh can reach final, it is considered a good achievement. I expect them to be booted out in qtr or semis. ;)

3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

wait until you see the 2012 london olympics singles, we will have group matches of 16 groups that consist of group of 1, 2 or 3 players. so, you will have bye for the whole group that with only 1 player, and 1 match only with 2 players groups.
    just dont know what they are thinking of?

4. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    yes ! I totally agree with you. CL is very dangerous ! What make it even more worry is, it is QF ! How many times LCW can't past through QF in world championship already ? It is a jinx !

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that will be CL's primary mission in this WC. take LCW out. and i bet the Chinese coaching staff will be working on that 110% of their time on that until August 8th.

6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

and i bet you.. the malaysian coaching staff will not know what hit them.. these days, thanks to the Chinese badminton juggernauts... tournaments is not about the players anymore.. its outside the court strategy plus within court strategy too and winning is about the big picture..

7. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    I think the Chinese coaching staff will work until 11th August (QF). Just hope Malaysia coaching staff know what to do. Also, hopefully the shuttlecock used in WC will not be too fast. In Indonesia Open, because of the shuttlecock speed is too fast, therefore CL can adopt aggressive play and smash... It makes LCW looked very vulnerable....

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    A big warning from coach. ;)

[h=1]Coach wants Chong Wei to wipe smile off Chinese players’ faces[/h][h=2][/h]

KUALA LUMPUR: China are grinning from ear to ear after receiving a favourable draw in the men’s singles event of the World Badminton Championships.
    But national coach Tey Seu Bock is banking on Malaysia’s world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei and other top stars to wipe the smile off their faces when the action begins in Wembley from Aug 8-14.
    He said that China are not only incredibly strong this year but have been quite lucky with the draw.
    China are the only country to have four representatives in the men’s singles in Lin Dan, Chen Jin, Chen Long and Du Pengyu.
    And the fact that all of them are seeded in the competition underlines their depth in strength in this year’s edition.
    Three-time champion Lin Dan is the second seed, followed by Chen Long at No. 5, Chen Jin No. 6 and Pengyu No. 8.
    Chen Long and Chen Jin are in the top half with top seed Chong Wei and former Olympic and world champion Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.
    Lin Dan and his younger compatriot Pengyu are in the lower half with a few seasoned campaigners, like Peter-Gade Christensen of Denmark, Lee Hyun-il of South Korea and Malaysia’s Wong Choong Hann.
    Seu Bock said that China were fortunate that neither Chen Jin nor Chen Long were drawn in the same half as Lin Dan.
    “Lin Dan is probably the luckiest one. He does not have to play either Chen Jin or Chen Long because these two players are going to work doubly hard to derail some of the good ones in the top half of the draw,” said Seu Bock.
    “Chen Long and Chen Jin will surely go the distance to try and beat Chong Wei. And if they can’t, then they will at least try to stretch him and tire him out.”
    Chong Wei is expected to face Chen Long in the quarter-finals and either Chen Jin or fourth seed Taufik in the semi-finals.
    “Taufik has not been in good form. He has lost in two tournaments going into the world meet. I don’t think Taufik is going to go far this time,” said Seu Bock.
    Taufik lost to Germany’s Marc Zwiebler in the third round of the US Open two weeks ago and the Canada Open final last week. Taufik did well at the last year’s world meet when he defeated Chong Wei in the quarter-finals in Paris.
    Seu Bock expects Lin Dan, who has been drawn in the same quarter as Hyun-il, Pengyu and and Japan’s Sho Sasaki, to have a smooth ride into the quarter-finals.
    Although China pose a big threat in the men’s singles, Seu Bock is hopeful that Chong Wei will prevail.
    “We are expecting some tough and long matches for Chong Wei. We will prepare him to face such an ordeal. The men’s singles title is precious to China and they will do everything they can to retain it,” he said.

9. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Yes, why are they working with so many BYE in WS draw but not in MS? Why not let everyone play from round 1...

10. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I think it just means that there is less first rounds to be played. A smaller draw. But I think WS and MS draw should look the same. Should have the same status.
    I think also some seeded players would prefer to play a first round instead of having a bye. Otherwise you go into the tournament later, playing a second round against an opponent who has already won a match, being used to the conditions, having already confidence from a win... It can be tough.