2011 Denmark Open SSP: Finals Sunday 23-October

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Oct 22, 2011.

1. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    but...what about IF both LD and CL get the chance to meet in the FINAL of 2012OG? At such situation i don't think there will be any team order... only player's personal glory does matter there
    From AlanY's info, it's understood that players from the same NOC will be placed in different pool, so such possibility does exist. This is one of the situation where LD could be wary of CL progress.

#781 kelana, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Justin, Red Shuttle has quite a lot of info on China players ya. About Tang sifu, perhaps Red Shuttle read it somewhere in China's media or something.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Wow!! WX scores over WYH finally! :D Happy day... :D
    LYD/JJS kept CY/FHF under control this time... the MD game is still very competitive.
    CL swept LCW away, unbelievable display! :D
    Joachim/Cristinna put XC/MJ away, fantastic!!!
    WX/YY score again, no surprise!

Great and deserving victories all round.
    But what I found interesting is that this time, in the DO finals, not a single match went to the rubber. It's like there was a marked difference in the performance levels between opponents this time around...

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Well it may also be that LCW is not in his best form..He is not a static factor as well you know :)

5. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

but you know LCW is very very determined to beat CL this time round after his defeat in JO.

6. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I think this matter happened because THIS TIME all finalists cared so much about the well-being of spectators from other continents such as health issues, lack of sleep, etc, so basically the outcome was decided by the 1st game, whoever took it became the winner ;)

7. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Just realised that LCW is almost exactly one year older than AG.

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yes, but his form may still not be perfect, even with a strong will :)

I would think due to training periodiziation to peak for OG 2012, that both LD and LCW are in HEAVY training (muscel stacking) mode currently and this would probably hurt their competetive performance at this point in the buildup. But that may or may not be the case.. It is obvious however that Chen Long has made so much progress that he is no pushover and that he seems to have gotten the hang of "how to play" against LCW from a tactical standpoint..

9. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Age also a contribute to any GREAT player even LD and LCW. Yes, they can still beat almost every player in the draw. But they are not as fast and as consistent like few years ago.

Others young players keep improving.

Next year in London Olympic, CL had the best chance to win the gold medal. Only his nervousness can hinder him to win the medal.

I cannot see LCW or LD to improve in any aspect in a year to come. They already had the best skill and cannot improve the speed anymore. But CL still can improve his skill and his speed to clinch the gold medal.

How quick CL improving is scary considering he only play major events for the last two year? And he play with more mature now.

#789 hcpoirot, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thanks goodness. imagine how much less sleep i am going to have if they did go to 3 games.

i just woke up. 3 hours is no where near enough esp when i was woken up in the middle as the garage door refused to close properly for the kids going to sunday school.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

My $0.02 view of the MS final: CJ knows how fortunate he was to be given the WO by LD in JO semis. That allowed to rest a whole day prior to winning the JO final over LCW, who had to battle it out over a rubber set with a very determined PG. Fast forward to the DO, imagine CJ's surprise when JOJ gave him the heaven sent WO in the quarters due to "rapid heart rate"! Then in the semis he goes a against a tired Sasaki who had just previously played against a tired WKWong who had won over LD, all in rubber matches. Now on LCW's draw, he gets to meet a determined PG again(!), this time even more determined as he's playing on home soil for his very last time! So unfortunate for Dato, and so fortunate for CJ. ..... [/end $0.02].

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Mocha Java. That's the answer to your problems.... :D

13. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

During the Denmark Open live streaming (not the BWF version), the former Denmark coach said something interesting on the topic of having a tough match or easy match before the final.

He said that it's all good when you win. If you loose, then you blame the tough match for wasting your energy or the easy match for not preparing you properly for the big battle.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol! I doubt LYB would accept the latter excuse when he orders a WO win to one of his players. :p

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    If you cannot even differ between CJ and CL, I think your analysis bares little weight :)

Just give ot a break Cl was in better form than LCW these two tournaments, and trying petty excuses doesnt make much sense.. I am sure LCW will be back in better form!

my 2c :)

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I woke up, looked in the mirror and found some funny squares with letter embedded on my face. Wonder what happened? :D

Decided to pack it in after G1 of the CY/FHF match. At that point it did not look like Fu/Cai's night. LYD and JJS looked to be deserving winners, aided by JJS's return to the MX80 of course. :p

The feature match sounded like a coronation for CL. I haven't watched the match yet but from all of the comments, CL has jumped into the "contender" category now, along with LD and LCW for the MS OG gold. I think LYB will be sleeping a lot sounder tonight knowing the MS department is much more secure for CHN in the years to come.

As I had mentioned before, you could see LCW's fatigue (physically and mentally) becoming a factor–age is indeed a factor; I'm sure LD will agree to that.

Lastly, my calls on a hard day to predict went 3-2. Take out the two CHN v CHN matches and I only really blew the MD match. Hey, perhaps age too was a key factor in the result in that one.

Thanks to everyone for the early morning entertainment. Because of you, I lasted longer than I thought. :p

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Ah, sheet! My bad. Not enough sleep! :(. I meant *CL*.

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Which broke in a clash with BS09 and subsequently got dumped for one of the Blue's :p

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Refreshing honesty and such real delight in this interview. Love this girl! :D

[video=youtube;7ymUsSx68c8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ymUsSx68c8[/video]

20. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    So, It's mean there are not fix matched :D:)