2010 Chinese badminton Super League

Discussion in '2010 Tournaments' started by staiger, May 26, 2010.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Lin Dan chalks up 15-match unbeaten run in Chinese League

By CHOW HOW BAN

BEIJING: The Chinese Badminton Super League concluded last Sunday with several highlights and great promises.
    The star player, Lin Dan, chalked up a 15-match unbeaten record, including wins over Bao Chunlai (pic) and Chen Long in the men’s singles, to help Bayi Chivas Sofa finish among the top four.
    [​IMG]
    He dropped only four games in the league, which had a format of competition similar to the Sudirman Cup with a tie comprising five matches – men’s singles and doubles, women’s singles and doubles and the mixed doubles.
    His team-mate, Jiang Yanjiao, who was the China Open winner in 2008 and 2009, won 16 matches against a defeat. But Yanjiao will not get to carry her impressive run into the world championships in Paris from Aug 23-29 as she had been dropped from China’s list of four women’s singles players.
    In the final, Tsingtao Beer beat Hunan Kawasaki 3-1 to seal the overall tie 2-1 and Shanghai Ziweike remained winless when they lost to Hubei SOTX 2-3 in the relegation tie.
    World No.1 Wang Yihan, whose defeat in the first singles match in the Uber Cup final in May led to the unprecedented 1-3 defeat by South Korea, continued her slump in the league. She was beaten by second stringers and won only five of 13 matches.
    However, the league saw some positive signs for China’s badminton prospects as provincial and younger players took the shine off some of the more established campaigners.
    The league, which was revived this year after a few decades, commenced in late May and this had clashed with Badminton World Federation (BWF) tournaments. And their absence from tournaments, including the Opens in Singapore and Indonesia, saw the top Chinese players slipping down the world rankings.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/10/sports/6825326&sec=sports

2. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Correction to 2/8/2010 Qingdao v. Jiangsu (WS match)

Wang Shixian bt Wang Xin 21-12, 21-13

Correction: Wang Xin bt Wang Shixian 21-12, 21-13

* thanks tommy_bun

3. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yup, the videos are of good quality :D Your team? So you are from Qingdao? Hehe...

4. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Not from Qingdao myself but my parents are from there , I am a big fan of the beer thou ! , do you work for the chinese badminton association ?

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hopefully you'll find out the real answer and explanation from her soon!..:eek::p

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Sudirman Cup next year in Qingdao. You should go

7. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    it is one of the most beautiful place in the world , if you want a chill and relaxing holiday by the sea , then it is the place to go . Once you are there , you prob wont have time to watch badminton , there is so much to do

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Thanks for the info. I was planning to go to watch next May... better give myself a bit more time to check out the area too, haha

And I love the beer too :p

9. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

oic, I don't think that Qingdao can become the champion if they didn't transfer the good players like Wang Xin, Fu Haifeng and etc. Hehe.. :D No, I am not working yet. Haha...

10. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    ^ as the champion we can attract more national team players next year ! :) From watching some of the MD matches , I thought Shen was a better player than Fu ,he is powerful from the back ,and have very good touch at the forecourt . Good defensive skills , he should be consider as part of the national MD team set-up

11. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

he is a part of the first team, but he always cannot perform well in the international tournaments.

12. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

I personally think,he doesnt perform well mostly bcos he doesnt have good partners...He used to play with FHF twice and the results were not disappointing.I hope he could be CY's replacement if CY retires

13. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    I think both Chai and Tao are top players as well , we got so many top MD players that we can have them rank 1-10 in the world.

14. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    I see, I did not know ...so is he still as part of the first team now

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Rank them 1-10 in the world? ROFL
    Time to take those rose-tinted glasses off.

16. prakag

prakag Regular Member

IT
    Today in India 8.30 AM to 9.30 AM on espn tv I watch these matches.It's wonderful.on espn we can watch these matches post telecast on sat,sunday,monday,tuesday also at morning if anybody interested.

Regards,
    Prakash Gurnule
    Pune,India

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Welcoming prakag to BadmintonCentral !!!

Welcome to BadmintonCentral prakag !!! :):):)

Just found your info. I wonder if the ESPN TV matches were broadcasted internationally to all countries on those same days. :confused::confused::confused:

If they were, then I have missed out watching those matches. :crying::crying::crying: