2007 Sudirman Cup – Day 2 - Tuesday

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by madbad, Jun 11, 2007.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Looking at the results, MD & WD are very close encounters. KKK/TBH should have won it. But TKH is definitely one of the factors why ENG won all the doubles.

Anyway, MAS can still make to SF if MAS beats THA and THA beats ENG. MAS really have to PLAY and PRAY hard.

Attached Files:

2. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Go USA!!!! Beat France, you can do it!

Go USA.....beat France......:D
    4-1 again....:)

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    My predictions:
    Div 1 - Group B INA over DEN 3-2
    Div 1 - Group A MAS over THA 3-2

Both MAS & INA can't afford to lose anymore and hope they can win their respective matches.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I like Boonsak but I doubt he can beat LCW in his IO07 form. LCW's a much stronger version of Boonsak plus his No. 1 speed. We 'll see.
    As for StarhubCV,it's a cheapskate company.They cut down on badminton telecast even though they know badminton is the most popular sport in Spore(after soccer) because they couldn't afford to pay for the Superseries. So they bought cheap sports packages (of mostly golf rubbish,just about every golf tourney of even the poorest quality! Golf fans must be rubbish dumps!) to fill up the airtime on Supersports which is meant to cater for just Singapore. StarhubCV believes its subscribers can be fooled into going for quantity rather than quality.That's why they always boast of so many hours of airtime on Supersports rather than whether the content mix reflects the actual needs of its subscribers.(Whereas Astro is high class and smart; it can sense the badminton following and knows its subscriber base will eventually grow substantially from there.)
    So do you think such a company knows what it puts out?

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm really happy for TKH for gaining the confidence of the English team in such a short while. Now Malaysia cannot discount TKH's abilities, who must be trying hard to prove a point that he is no inferior to Rexy.

But one must acknowledge that England's MD veterans have already proven themselves in the past and are playing better than ever. With so much experience playing together, it should not surprise that they can beat MAS's young but higher ranked pair.

To many, Malaysia's young and inexperienced XD pair will surely be no match to the experienced and much higher ranked English pair of Robertson and Emms.

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Agreed. Rubbish. And in today's news, they are increasing $10 for the Sports package. Malaysian Astro is much better.

7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If this is what Malaysia is hoping for, Malaysia has first beat the Thais convincingly, at least 4-1, to increase its chances in the tie-breaker. Once this is done, pray for a Thai win over England. Simple as that. To increase tie-breaker chance, can also try to snatch a point off China.

8. wynn000

wynn000 Regular Member

Boonsak will play wif WCH according to YKH said he will let WCH play wif Boonsak today

9. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
    I know SCV badminton coverage is rubbish compared to the neighbours, but then again, i glad to have even that coverage. If $10 increment, i sure unsubsribe after this, not really worth it.

Coming back to badminton, I cheer THA and DEN today, becos they have less fans here than other countries..

Go Thailand, Go Denmark....

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I hope not because it is unlikely that WCH could win!
    Every point and win count very importantly for Malaysia from now onwards!

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I agreed, MAS and INA cant afford to lost again:mad:,...i hope MAS will be able to beat THA 4 - 1 and hope THA could beat ENG in their ties....as for INA its a must win situation also.....they have to do some cahnges in their XD as they have sufficient players to do so....unlike MAS have only 10 players the formation of the team is so...so predictable:(....INA still have good chance to enter SF.......go for it MAS and INA.....go

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Ok then WCH will beat Boonsak.Boonsak's coach unlikely to be familiar with WCH's play so the pre-match strategy may not be firmed up clearly.Besides it's WCH's first match so stamina's not a problem. Oldies like him have the advantage of experience;stamina usually fail only about the 5th consecutive match and only against a tough opponent.And WCH is a No.1 fighter. BCF$100 anyone?

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

And also hope CHN will fill their best team to play with ENG...so hope CHN go all out to beat Eng...5 - 0 any other results will increase difficulty for MAS to enter SF........

14. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
    Ok, BCF$100 for Ponsana against WCH
    I'll be betting some PAWs for it too later on...

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i don't see how THA will be able to beat ENG.

THA strongest event is XD, but to be honest, i think Robertson/Emms are consistently better than Sudket/Saralee.

16. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    INA should have won the XD over KOR.

Despite losses, both INA & MAS had won more points than their respective opponents. This is particular useful when 3 teams having the same # of matches fighting a place in the SF.

Attached Files:

17. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Agreed. Just wait and see how MAS responds.:D

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, seems like that's the only way to get into the SF for Malaysia but don't bet on it as Thailand is ready for Malaysia by resting Boonsak on day 1 against China. Malaysia for sure will lose 1 point on Mixed Double and do have advantage on MD(even though KKK/TBH lost in day 1) and the rest is close to 50-50 ... I will be happy if Malaysia get to stay in Group 1. Thank god we didn't sent 20 players and still lost :D

19. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Unexpected lost in the XD cost INA the win!

20. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    100% agree with u...