2005 World Championship website and tickets...

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by kwun, May 17, 2004.

1. RedDog

RedDog Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    ok, I ment to delete this one, but it's not working...hum...help Kwun!

#21 RedDog, May 25, 2004
    Last edited: May 25, 2004
  2. RedDog

RedDog Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Let's all sit together!

kwun, I think you should just reserve the entire top prices section for the BFers before it's all gone, so we can all sit together. After all, that's what most of us is living for, it's so worth it! :D

I know I'll be there...(at least try my best to be there, ha!)

RD

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we are expecting you to be there!

and Anaheim is quite south, is it far to commute from SD?

4. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

It's not 9 days, but 7 days.

5. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist

Should be a 2 hour drive, if I recall correctly, driving the speed limit.

-dave

6. RedDog

RedDog Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Anaheim is about 1.5hr drive, north of SD, right next to OCBC. But nothing can stop me from badminton, wa ha ha ha.

BTW, Kwun, after watching the games, we will continue our badminton all nighter tridition either in MBBC or SGVBC, and try to play like the pros, ok?

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's a given! maybe we can actually invite some of the pros too! wouldn't mind a game or two with say, JR... :)

8. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    RedDog: My parents, their friends, and I are planning on getting the $189 tickets. If you want, you can go up with us and we'll have a grand ole time (I'm only in Arizona for school, currently home in San Diego for the summer and will stay here for grad school next year). If any other BF members want to get the $189 blue section tickets just let me know and we'll hit the stands together :)

kwun: !!!!! I think we should all bug JR for a game. All of us vs. him. bahaha! I wanna play JR but I'll probably lose in like... 1 minute. :D

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    The stadium looks good. I just realised if Badminton takes off big time in the US, you have loads of stadiums like these used for basketball matches. They are the perfect size. Can you imagine having the number of professioanl clubs in basketball-but having them as badminton clubs. That is an ultimate, ultimate dream of mine. Imagine it, i get so excited, it would be heaven!!!

How many courts will it have??

will they play all matches there, or will they play some preliminary and early rounds at another venue?

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Just wondering when I should reserve my tickets. Of course, I know to be safe, right now is best :D .

However, with heavy work load, it's extremely hard for me to plan something that is 15 months away. :( I don't want to reserve the tickets now, then find I could not even get a day off during that time.

I am thinking about reserve tickets in early 2005 time frame (say, march 2005?). Will that be way too late??? I am not very experienced on this, HELP!!! :cool:

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LOL. Naw, it takes more than 1 minute to lose 15 points, maybe 2 minutes :D

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    My 1st choice is also the $189 Blue section. If the tickets got sold out, I might take the $129 Red section ones.

Still trying to figure out when should I book the ticket. :confused:

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction

do it now!!! :D :D

14. RedDog

RedDog Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Thanks Bobo, But I'm gonna try to pull some connection and see if I can get a VIP badge in first...hee hee...time to make some calls. :D

15. RedDog

RedDog Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    I think we should all wear the BF T-shirt with a name tag sticker of our nickname on it, so we'll recognize eachother at the game. :cool:

16. TTT

TTT Regular Member

So...it seems like the tickets are ready to order. Are we gonna sit together???

*** TO VANCOUVER PEOPLE ***

Anyone going???? I'm definitely going and would like to order the tix asap. Maybe we can hook up on the transportation together or something.

17. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    My dad already put in tickets for the $189 section. I think he requested we be seated in the 207 or 209 sections. If we all end up not sitting together, we can always just get together after matches and have a BF part-ay! :p

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    How u request the specific sections? I did not see u can put such request anywhere on the form... :( :eek:

Well, the deadline for the package is July 30, 2004. Guess I have to make up my mind soon. :cool:

19. komodo dragon

komodo dragon Regular Member

Buying tickets

Since the tickets for O5 Worlds will be on sale for a very long time, does it make sense to buy the tickets now? The official website says that priority tickets will be sold until September 15, and then it will be available to everyone. Is there any difference between the two because anyone can buy the tickets now, its not like someone is getting priority.

20. OTFK

OTFK Regular Member

engineer
    I have ordered the tickets and they have charged my c. card. However, they cannot tell me my exactly seating until the ticket is printed. For those who are buying the 7 days ticket (I think they call that Priority ticket), you will get the same seat for all 7 days.
    The spectator travel package is posted. The Marriott Anaheim Hotel offers transport to/from airport (I am guessing John Wayne Airport) and to/from the venue, and daily breakfast. For those who live in the area or have done some checking, is that a good price?
    When I called in early Sept 04, they still have lots of ticket available. I know several people are waiting for them to sell the individual day ticket. However, no new update on when will those be available.
    Apparently, this World Championship is not well advertised yet in Canada (as I just send the link to Manitoba Badminton Association). I heard there will be a few people from Ontario, Canada making the trip as spectator.

So, how many from the forum are definitely will be there?

According to the venue policy (see below),
    "Arrowhead Pond Building Policy

Building policy prohibits guests from bringing in large bags, backpacks, coolers, wrapped packages, weapons, laser pointers and video or audio recorders. These items should be left in the guest's vehicle; any guests who attempt to enter the arena with any of the prohibited items will be asked to return them to their vehicle. Still cameras are allowed for many events; however, lenses are not permitted to be longer than 6 inches. The building policies are located on the web site www.arrowheadpond.com."

Does that mean the event is recorded and DVD will be available?