19th Asian Games 2022 - Badminton

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by pcll99, Sep 28, 2023.

1. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

I wonder if SYQ can beat LSF in training or is it a mental thing as its the gold medal at stake

2. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I beg to differ. We have seen the trend of one MS/WS player be the world’s best, and head and shoulders above the rest from their county (eg., LCW, CM, TTY). This is not at all new, we have seen a lot in the past ( from LCW to ASY now). IMO, this has been possible as you can always play 1 on 2 to improve your singles game, or the in the case of WS they could always train with their fellow countrymen. But in MD, I don’t think we have seen anything like that- meaning all those top performing MD in the last 10 years have come from badminton powerhouses like CHN, JPN, INA, KOR where they have a considerable depth of MD talent. Said that, you may consider LY/WCL as a slight outlier to that trend, but their 2nd MD right now is not at all shabby, and can challenge any good MD pair in the world right now. Even before that, LY in his previous partnership had decent achievements like wining super series type tournaments.

And of course there is a country like Denmark that would always produce one top quality MD, and the rest not that great. But they always had a strong MD history.

But in the case of IND MD, I can’t quite apprehend how SatChi acquired this level with neither the history of MD quality nor the current sparring quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

galaxyduo likes this.
  3. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Yup. I would say it's much harder for Satwik/Chirag to get their level of play, than it is for the #2 and #3 Indian MD pair to get to the top level. #2 and #3 Indian MD can spar with Satwik/Chirag, to help improve until they become a top 10 world ranked MD pair. Satwik/Chirag don't have another top 10 MD pair in the national team to spar with, to get to their level. This is why what Satwik/Chirag have accomplished is so impressive and the #2 and #3 Indian MD pair really need to take advantage of the quality of sparring partner they have now.

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    China have to rebuild their womens singles. Non can match the fit asy for now. 2 years at least? Now still need cyf to lead till olympic.

5. mohans

mohans Regular Member

He sure is gonna be. For the entire match, LSF seemed to have a good measure of SYQ. Just that SYQ scored some beautiful smash winners to make it a close g1. G2 was purely LSF stamping his authority over his compatriot. I’m a little more convinced now LSF is going to be CHN’s MS torchbearer going forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Justafan90

He definitely should be china’s MS 1 but im not sure if he will be right now as i think sun jun actually favors SYQ

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

It's a better strat to put LSF as no.2 than having him 1 then LGZ or WHY 2nd

8. felipe

felipe Regular Member

finance
    It can happen because they have good talent and skill.
    See Carolina Marin, no sparring partner in Spain at all

9. felipe

felipe Regular Member

finance
    What made u think Sun Jun favours SYQ? It seems Sun Jun and his wife Ge Fei care much about LSF

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Why is Xia XZ not coaching women's singles?

He should have sat behind CYF.

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    SYQ's legacy? Don't think there's any.
    No offense he's a terrific player, but hasn't done anything extraordinary by far, and his accolades look rather lackluster because of the expectations you carry as CHN #1 in any discipline

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Read that CYF has slipped disc.
    Is this true?

13. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Nope . She was with blisters . Not major. Whereas An se young won it with knee pain. She said in post match interview that she heard a cracking sound that might be some dislocation. But still she won it.

14. Justafan90

I think he did pretty well considering its only been slightly over a year since he returned from his 1 year ban and he got his ranking back up to number 4, not impossible he can get back to his high of number two soon. Obviously the best way to have a good legacy os if he could win Olympic gold nxt year.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member