Tony And Chandra !!! Godlike ?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by Angelou, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigmojo

bigmojo Regular Member

I dont get it, KKK/TBH beat TG/CW and they are not as good as Tony and Candra? What are you trying to say here?

2. bigmojo

bigmojo Regular Member

Dont know about the young MAL pair cracking under pressure but I think you are lucky to have been spared the sight of the aging veterans running out of gas and being thrashed if there had been a 3rd set. Sry to burst your bubble.

3. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    Let me give you an example, KKK and TBH was beaten in the team event in Asian Game. If i am not mistaken, they were beaten by LYD/JJS from Korea.

So,

Do you think LYD/JJS is better than KKK/TBH or vice versa?

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

A big HIGH FIVE for BigMOJO.

:)

5. bigmojo

bigmojo Regular Member

Someone started to use the term godlike in this thread and I took it as a figure of speech. I too used the word 'God' as a figure of speech. I could not foresee that ppl would take it literally nor could I have prevented it.

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

In this case, I think LYD/JJS would have to prove themselves like KKK/TBH, i.e. if they continue to beat the champs (KKK/TBH), then they would be considered in the eyes of all to be better.:p

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    The pair which beat them was HJM/LJJ, and this lost Malaysia the tie and made Coach Rexy upset. Remember that in Malaysia and Indonesia's badminton culture, team competitions are always prized highly, much higher than individual events.

KKK/TBH returned the favour in the individual events on their way to gold. Great, yes, but it does not really make up for the team event loss.

Three final appearances and 2 wins do not make legends. There are more things to prove and titles to win before we can really call this partnership a complete success. Look at Coach Rexy himself, early in the game, he and Ricky Subagja always got beaten by Cheah Soon Kit/Soo Beng Kiang.

From end of 92 - 94, Rexy/Ricky had started beating Cheah/Soo consistently, the decision was made to split them up and replace Soo with Chief Coach Yap for more firepower. But even then, Rexy/Ricky still had the upper hand in major tournaments, AG and Olympics, in so doing, they became legends.

8. bigmojo

bigmojo Regular Member

Yeah I have to agree on that point, kinda like Americans overreacting after Bach has won a couple of minor regional tournaments. :D

I dont think you are asking a question here. I think you are trying to say LYD/JJS is better than KKK/TBH. Is that it?

#48 bigmojo, Jan 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  9. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Guys there is no point arguing now. KKK/TBH is the best and the most consistent young pair period, but there r no legends yet, still hv much to learn from their sifu. But if they progress consistently, and yes they will become legend of their own.

10. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Wow, I thought Candra/Tony would lose :D :p ;) They are amazing :) but they were just not good enough yesterday :( Credits to KKK/TBH though :)

11. vabeel

vabeel New Member

I see no point in comparing both pair, as one had already collected numerous titles and played since more than 10 years (though sometimes with other partners) and the other pair is just starting their long journey. I think they all are good (well.....superb:cool:) players. I think it's the day-form which decides the outcome of the match. Well yesterday the MAS pair was slightly better, last JapO it was the INA pair.

I myself am a TG/CW fan and really amazed to see that they are still able to play in such high level in that age and condition (not training a lot). I think they really like each other, do you notice the affectionate tapping after almost every points made/not made................so touching.......:crying:
    In other hand, I admire KKK/TBH for their ability to push aside all comments for their disadvantages and proved that they can be a "potential legend" also.
    I just hope that they all can keep playing in high level so that we can see more exciting matches in the future.............................

12. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    That's what i am trying to tell bigmojo, if KKK/TBH continue to beat TG/CW, then they are better than TG/CW.

But yesterday's encounter was only their second and the stat now stands at 1:1 each.

So, i now defiinitely would not dare to say that KKK/TBH is better than TG/CW.

13. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    Nope, i am asking you a question.

14. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    Oic, so it's not even LYD/JJS but the second pair.

Thanks for your correction.

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    even if kkk/tbh can beat tg/cw many more times over, it still doesn't make them greatest or legendary. Today's fans are too short sighted, too short term thinking. So what they can beat tg/cw? tg/cw have passed their peak and they are still the finalist against young guns, I see tg/cw are still more impressive than kkk/tbh. It's like some 20's year olds enter the masters and beat some old 30's year old, whoppee.:rolleyes: If kkk/tbh can achieve track records like tg/cw, then i would believe it but i HIGHLY doubt it.

Also, beside speed, the young kkk/tbh have another edge over the veterans, that is knowing the NSS better than the old veterans who were raised, trained, competed, achieved about 98% of their career under the OSS. I wanna see how kkk/tbh do against tg/cw under the OSS.

Sung Hwan Park had beaten LD twice they have met, and LD had beaten TH 8 out of 12 times, does this make SHP the greatest and legendary?

#55 cooler, Jan 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  16. bigmojo

bigmojo Regular Member

Yes the stat stands at 1:1. I wouldnt say that TG/CW are well past their prime but I would definitely say that TG/CW are past their prime.
    They are at the tail end of their competitive badminton days whilst KKK/TBH are just starting out. I would say that future encounters between these 2 pairs are a foregone conclusion.
    If you have been a little more observant you would have noticed that both TG & CW are now sporting 'love handles'! :D

17. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    Since joining the forum, i seldom like to engage in long counter-arguments about other's posts but i just like to say one last thing about your post;

"What has love handles got to do with badminton?" :confused:

Have you seen britta anderson and the retired mia? They are both great players though they are "relatively" bigger sized than average players.

18. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

EXACTLY!

Malaysian fans sometimes over-react and criticize as it has shown not long ago during the Thomas Cup. Remember KKK/TBH had homeground advantage, just like LCW did when he beat LD last year and the year before. If they can continuously produce results (especially with major titles like All England, WC, & Olympics) and beat top pairs then we can start calling them legends. This is NOT to say that KKK/TBH aren't good but rather ask fans to be patience and give support and hopefully in the end they will accomplish their goals of winning all the major titles legends like Rexy/Ricky, TG/CW, Kim/Ha, & Park/Kim had achieved.

Don't rave too much about one or two titles because true winners go on winning titles after titles and yet still remain humble. Such great examples are TG/CW & Kim/Ha (I don't know that much about Ricky/Rexy & Park/Kim). This is why they are considered as legends.

By the way, whatever happen to LCW? No one has yet mention his name at all in many of these threads. It's like you guys pushed him aside like it's yesterday's news which is rather dissappointing just when he falters in a few tournaments. Sometimes it's the player who is not performing that needs the most support and encouragement!

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Good one!
    Actually MAS MD have to be wary of KOR MD and JPN MD because their ex-coaches are now coaching these two and so know their play and weaknesses. Same with INA MD now losing to MAS MD (used to be the other way round) cos Rexy knows the INA MD play.

20. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

After watching the video posted by Aerotus The Great //salute, I have to say all the credits to KKK/TBH (& Rexy)! Tony seems out of form in the 1st game, but in the 2nd he comes back. However with their almost normal performance, TG/CW still cannot break the dominance of KKK/TBH. Seems to me TG/CW are a bit disappointed and lose some confidence in the middle part of the 2nd game. This is the VERY FIRST time I have ever seen this formidable pair losing concentration.

KKK has matured a lot. He seldom tries any fancy shot in the whole match. I guess it's the responsibility he has now. When he is with CCM, he can do anything he likes, but now he has to take care of TBH. And man KKK is fast! Reminds me of young Sigit.

It's a great match. Especially the 2nd game, I think it's the best one game I have ever seen under 21 pts system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.