Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Looks like SYQ, CYF, HBJ, Ou/Liu, Liang/Wang are not registered for malaysian masters. Is it some sort of strategy?

2. Ajesh

Ajesh New Member

Can anyone know which racquet wang chang using?

3. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

4. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

This is an auto-translation from China's MD head coach Chen Qiqiu's blog:--

'Here I would like to introduce a situation to you. Chen Boyang and Liu Yi have performed well recently and their rankings have risen. In connection with the four Southeast Asian races in May, according to the current ranking, it is indeed possible to participate. But IBF registration must be at least one month in advance, plus we need to apply for a visa when going abroad, we submit the entry list at least one and a half to two months in advance, and the Foreign Affairs Department of the Badminton Federation will send it to the embassy to apply for a visa. Extremely tedious and complicated work. It was impossible for them to participate in the competition if they signed up two months ago, and now they have missed the registration time. Some friends took it for granted and asked why we didn't sign them up for the competition? It even came to the conclusion that you can sign up for the competition a week in advance. Of course we hope that there will be more doubles competitions. As long as Chen Boyang and Liu Yi play well and get more points, there will naturally be more and more matches! In the future, we will register them for the competitions that they can qualify for. I am explaining this here, and I hope that friends who like Guoyu will not be led away by some opinions that don’t pretend to understand and hearsay. We must try our best to let the players play as many games and exercise as possible!'

Justin L likes this.
  5. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Thank you for the explanation.

6. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

7. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    How many players are there in the Chinese national badminton team overall? And how many coaches and other staff? Does anyone know? Im just curious:)

8. Justafan90

Dint he say he is gonna be in asian games? I dun think he is trying for the olympics? Im surprised though, he seem to still be doing well. I could be wrong.

9. Justafan90

Interesting that according to xia xuanxe, chen long is brought in to specifically guide LSF for the sudirman cup, what about SYQ and LGZ? Did they gave up on them?

10. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

He has left the national team.

11. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Is CL retired or still might be fielded to play?

12. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Chen Long is retired from the national team, but may play in the National Games etc.

13. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Although there is no official announcement of retirement, Wang Yilv has hinted on social media that he is moving on. He apparently has injuries that hinder top level performance and day in, day out top level training.

14. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Too bad, they should have included CL in the team and fielded him against Egypt

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ah, so Chen Long and Zhang Nan (carrying a little girl) are officially retired, appearing at the "Retirement Ceremony". I can't tell who the other two guys are.

The one on the far right-hand side is Li Junhui ? The other guy on the left-hand side is Liu Cheng ?

17. antssantss

Retired
    I watched the semifinal against Japan and was so disappointed with CYF's game I stopped, and went to bed. A little later I turned on livescore and China was down on the MD 1st set and lagging 17/16 in the 2nd. That was it, finito and went off the air.
    Boy was I surprised hours later that they won 3/2. Quite an achievement from the team. Congratulations but I hope the tired legs wont be a disadvantage tomorrow. However with the depth of talent China has, I think changes will be made in the 2 singles and XD and maybe even the MD which can overcome this point. It will be exciting. I shall be watching the two missed doubles matches to see how they turned the tables on Japan last night.

18. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Zhang jun must be releived. Liu Yuchen and Ou xuanyi saved him. Chineese coaches should let young players to play in more international tournaments not only the selected few.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Allow me to repost what I wrote in the relevant Sudirman Cup thread:

Admittedly, and it's no exaggeration, to quote @Banuka, "Zhang jun must be relieved. Liu Yuchen and Ou Xuanyi saved him."

For me, Ou Xuanyi's impact is even greater than Liu Yuchen's as the latter is known to be one who often steadied the ship during their matches.

Personally, I'd go so far as to say that the entire CHN team, players and coaches altogether, ought to line up and thank OXY in person. I mean, for OXY to be one of the two who played a pivotal role in snatching victory from the jaws of defeat in that critical do-or-die MD match is almost beyond my expectation coming from him, knowing how he would fare at crucial moments and pressure situations thus far in his career.

Once again, kudos to Ou Xuanyi !

tbgoh288 likes this.
  20. antssantss

Retired
    I have been disappointed with Why's game so i didn't expect him to beat KM. But was pleasantly surprised he did. Then I thought no way he could overcome AG, again he did. Then i thought its the end of the road against NKL. But OMG he won. Finally I felt LCY will definetly beat him. Wow, WHY I am believing in you again. His game has matured. His defence is really impressive and he makes far less mistakes. And his defensive lobs are very good. Bin Qiao has turned him into an all round player. Congratulations Weng Hong Yang your game is very watchable. Prannoy is a tough opponent but if you continue with what you are doing you can make it.

Justin L likes this.