Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Watched Huang jia ming playing my country player . He is good but I find him not upto the mark. He is 18 if I am not wrong. He lost to Manraj singh who is 17 . Infact Manraj is not top ranked junior player from India. Chinese player is slow and his weakness is deep forehand. Manraj won so many points from that side. And also physically he is not that strong. Just my constructive criticism. If he improve all the weaknesses , he will succeed in future.

2. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Yes i saw the video in youtube. There are a few matches. Just search for the tournament.
    I agree Hjm is not ready. Hopefully his strategy will improve and mature.

3. antssantss

Retired
    Pity Hu Zhe An is playing Wang Zijun. I thought they were better than Pan Yi Long. WZJ had a tough game against a good Korean, Park, who played a very strong attacking second set, but tired out in the 3rd set. WZJ was mentally strong with good basics. It was good that all courts were livestreamed Cant understand why it doesnt happen for Asian tournaments. Just use youtube surely? As i expected strong representation from the doubles.

#4503 antssantss, Mar 3, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
  4. antssantss

Retired
    He may have lost but I think Wang Zi Jun is a very talented player. He makes badminton look so easy. His style of play when it's matured will be like the first set against Hu Zhe An. He lost because he. made too many unforced errors. I am looking forward to his next tournament and hope the coaches don't change his mode of play. When he is playing well its stunning badminton.
    As I thought PYL lost. I am afraid he hasnt improved since the Junior championships.

5. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

6. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

want to see his matches.

7. antssantss

Retired
    Lin Chun-Yi beat many good players at the recent Thailand open so I didn't expect Lsf to win He. But LSF has improved . He has reduced his smashing errors, has better anticipation and has more patience. He also plays to his strength ie accurate placements. He won many points from this strategy. He noticed Lcy was losing his touch when the rallies were long. So he made Lcy work for his winners and it paid off. All round improvement in his game.
    Let's see how he takes on Momota. I feel he can win.

8. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

I hope LGZ is fine for all england, he retired earlier against NKL. I have no idea which CBA player has the best shot in AE, maybe even LSF at the moment

9. antssantss

Retired
    I expected to see some MS talents in the Ruichang tournament. But I have to say I didnt see any. Sun Chao did well to beat Chan Yin Chak but his attacking game isnt strong. I also thought Dong Tian You perhaps, but no.
    He was not good enough.
    Very disappointing. MD saw a few good pairs especially Xie Hao Nan and his partner. Impressive

10. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

I think dong tian yao not in good physical condition even though he played. His right knee is heavily wrapped since the beginning of the tournament. Sun chao is still young and time to improve.

11. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Dong Tianyao had played 4 matches in the 2 days preceding his loss. The day just before his loss, he had played two 3-setters within a few hours of each other. In the second 3-setter, he beat a fresh Leong Jun Hao; but, he had to call for a medical time-out in the second set. I think his physical condition couldn't have been too good after all that.

I also like Sun Chao's play... deft footwork, racket skills, and also fighting spirit. His physical strength and stamina are not up to the mark yet... his attack somewhat lacks sting.

tbgoh288 likes this.
  12. antssantss

Retired
    Li Shifting you were absolutely brilliant. I take back all the negative comments I have said about your badminton skills previously. From a nerdy junior, error prone and with all the wrong skills and thoughts SunJun and Bin Qiao together with their team has changed you into a well balanced player, capable in attack, defence, deception and errors less. Now you know how to win your points with clever punishing shots. Your matches do not dissapoint and you deserve our congratulations. All the best tomorrow against Anders Antonsen.

KBM424 and kwun like this.
  13. antssantss

Retired
    Well done Sun Chao. He has the skills to progress further. Good net play, good defence and sound temperament. You certainly deserve your points. You earned them by your clever play.
    The other junior Dong tian yao also deserve mention for beating Lei lan Xi and Leong Jun Hao. Now they need special attention from the coaches to improve their game. They need their skills to mature into more Li Shifengs.

#4513 antssantss, Mar 18, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  14. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Sun Chao's attacking play is so weak although his other skills are very good. Liu liang was panic and made so many mistakes in the match against sun chao.

15. antssantss

Retired
    I feel that Liu Liang has poor basic skills which causes unforced errors in his game. It will take him some time to get rid of these weaknesses, ala ZJP, I am afraid.

16. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

But he has the speed, power and stamina. So he only needs improve his shot quality

17. antssantss

Retired
    Li shifeng, what a fantastic improvement in your gamenly.? Why can't Weng Hong Yang do it as well?
    Coaching is one factor but the key I feel is the individual. He managed to master his skills and execute them in top class fashion. I also think that the availability to practise with a pool of
    world class players helps hone his skills
    Looking forward to the Swiss open next week.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Shifeng is indeed sensational the last two weeks and capturing the coveted AE championship trophy to cap it off is like a dream come true, esp for a young up-and-comer.

As for Weng Hongyang, I'm seeing some positive signs and will continue to watch out for him . At the just-concluded AE, didn't he sweep aside Jonathan Christie, 21-6 and 21-11 in the opening round, then put Chico Wardoyo in his place, 21-11,15-21, and 21-13, two worthy opponents?

Also I won't lightly dismissed his R1 loss to the eventual winner of the Thai Open, Lin Chun-Yi, a tight, hard-fought three-setter, 21-15, 18-21 and 19-21; no shame in that defeat, considering Lin Chun-Yi actually showed promise by defeating Shi Yuqi in the semis before overcoming the in-form Ng Kah Long in the final.

In the QFs of the AE, though he lost to Shi Yuqi in two straight sets, I observed he fought back well to draw level in G2 at 16-all before losing his way again. Somehow, I think he will soon figure out what he must do to achieve a breakout in his career, that includes dealing with his fellow teammates when necessary. Don't underestimate him.

#4518 Justin L, Mar 20, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    tbgoh288, antssantss and CLEAN like this.
  19. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

@Justin L @antssantss @Justafan90 @CLEAN Is Ling fagling overlooked?? She didn't even play in the Ruchiang masters. Zhang chi is very fast and rushing to the net. She will be good in mixed dobles with a good partner even in womens doubles with someone like Tan ning

20. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

I'm not completely certain, but I seem to recall a netizen mentioning that she had decided to quit full-time badminton. Not sure if that information is correct.

#4520 CLEAN, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023