2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I've been playing with the ZF1 for a while now, so I'm used to the smaller frame size, actually. But yes, I do think the different string on this one accounts for some of the issues I've been having. The rest, I would attribute to the somewhat unique shape of the frame that requires adjustments in timing and hitting on the sweet-spot. ....and my incompetence! :( :D

2. Uncle tan

Uncle tan Regular Member

I felt the zf2 can easily generate power than the zf1. As is more easy to whip the shuttle as the slimmer shaft + smoother and faster swing.
    Both my racquets are 4u. BG66 26/28lbs.

3. gy79bc

gy79bc Regular Member

programmer
    I had 4UG4, strung NBG98 at 26LBs, feels stiff, string tension also little high, should be 25LBs.
    Compare to my usual goto rackets. NS3000 (strung NBG98 at 24.5) and NR750 (strung NBG99 at 25LBs), I feel the head heavyness and less contact with string bed. Drive and defense seems better,
    however, clear and backhand clear and smash suffered little. I conclude it's due to the high tension. Maybe after 2weeks once tension droped, it will be much better.

Strangely, I could not make much whip effect. Is my wrist to weak ?
    I am actually quite good at using the wrist to play (wrist Smash at out of position and clear)
    I have played ARC8DX with no problem (I feel ARC8DX is little flexer than VTZF2)

4. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    Just curious to know since some of you say the ZFII lacks power compared to the ZFI; is the 4U ZFI able to smash harder than a 3U ZFII?

5. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    That's what cobalt said.

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I think it boils down to a couple of things. 1) adjustment of technique and timing to compensate for the subtle but influential differences in the frame, swing weight etc. 2) choosing the right string to complement the racquet and your preferred/natural style of play. Because I do admit, when you get it right, the 3u ZF2 can certainly blast harder than the 4u ZF1. But don't expect this to be a ZF1 rev 1.1; it is a very different -and quite awesome- beast.

Ouch! That's possibly because cobalt is just an opinionated sod! :D

7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Completely agree. I still think power is similar between 3U ZF1 and ZF2 - slightly different technique/timing is required for sure. After another session, I think ZF2 is slightly stiffer than ZF1. However, it certainly feels lighter overall, but still just as head heavy. Again, I don't think it's necessarily an upgrade over the ZF1, just a slightly different racket.

8. n0m5ky

n0m5ky Regular Member

With so many positive reviews on ZF2, I been thinking what are the major differences between NRZSP and ZF2? If the shaft of NRZP is as stiff as that of ZF2, would people give good words about the NRZP?

9. Duhzzz

Duhzzz Regular Member

Tested my zf2 today. Few miss hit but considering changing from 3U AS11 to 3U ZF2, quite reasonable. Much more powerful smashes compared to AS11. Control surprisingly good as well, reasonably good net play. After my first session with zf2, slight elbow pain but should not be a problem. Will definitely be my #1 racquet for this year!

Attached Files:

10. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I noticed that LCW smashes using ZF2 were softer and less power & speed compared to his ZF1. Anyone have other ideas?

11. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    I notice the same thing. But I suppose it were less tiring to manovuer? And saved him a lot of energy? The ZF is definetely one powerful racquet because of its high bp just like the N90 but It was quite difficult and tiring to use

12. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Not at all. They appear just as powerful and fast to me - in the Indian Open so far, he may not be getting as many clear winners as usual, but only because he's not aiming for the lines as much.

13. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

How's 3U VTZF2 compared to 3U VT80? plan to buy 3U VTZF2 but somehow for me 3U VT80 is a bit exhausting for me to use long period. I prefer head-heavy racket for a long time now...but 3U VT80 can never last me more than 2 games (15pts game), then i must switch to 3U Victor Legend or Kason C7 (also HH). I read some review says that VTZF is slightly "feel" lighter than VTZF. I play double all time, aggresive-attack style. pls suggest before i end up buying another "sleeping beast".

14. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

ZF2 has been great so far, better than my experiences with the ZF1. The slimmer shaft really does make it more playable. I feel the ZF2's more compact frame also wasn't an issue for slices or timing compared to my go-to AT900T. Accuracy wasn't really an issue either, stayed relatively the same, wouldn't say it was more accurate or anything. Net plays weren't much different either.

The only difference I've noticed is how much more cautious I am playing with it :p It's such a beautiful looking racket with its matte finish. I have to say, the matte VT80PG, ZF1 and now the ZF2 are a welcomed trend and I hope it continues.

15. Duhzzz

Duhzzz Regular Member

Wondering if it is normal for grommet to be slightly slanted and popping out at the sides.
    i suspect is my stringer's problem.

Attached Files:

16. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Pretty sure the string are supposed to push into the grommets, leaving a dent, but the grommets should still stay in place. What tension do you string at?

17. visor

visor Regular Member

That doesn't look right. Perhaps the grommets were not completely pushed in before stringing?

18. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I've had this happen for ~2 grommets on some rackets. This is because grommets are moving out slightly when pulling the string and you have to push it back in before tensionning the next string.

This is a very recent issue (since Arc 11) that happens only (in my case) for Yonex rackets. Quite disppointing imo, because sometimes you don't notice it while stringing and it leaves grommets like that until the next string job.

I have never seen so many grommets like that though, I've had this happen for 2-3 rackets and only for 1-2 grommets. I'd say that while I probably wasn't careful enough for my rackets, this stringer is probably not careful at all.

I don't think this effects the playability or durability of the strings though. It might affect the durability of the grommets, but it's not a huge deal.

19. Uncle tan

Uncle tan Regular Member

same case here.... expected the grommet too soft.

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

This happens with the NR-ZSP as well.