Why KKK/TBH always change racquets during CO Semi and Final?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open 2009' started by danielwong, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Please read Rosman Razak's explaination in The Star interviews(Sun & Mon) and abedeng's comments in Semi & Final threads. Something to do with slow shuttle.

And they change2 racket also want to start thread? Just read the press interviews know already.

2. eaglehelang

This one me thinks is for psychological effect, the shouting that is, either to deceive opponent or as a signal to TBH -'You smash' or " I take this shot'.;)

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

But so far, i dont see he success with it, i remember he did it in Sudirman Cup against CY/FHF...lost, in INA Open SF aginst FHF/CY, lost,....the latest Chn Open, agaisnt LYD/JJS, lost......Whether there is 'psychlogical' effect.....definately not to deceive their opponents. ;)

Those succesful MD pairs never make that kind of shouting........and they have won, WCs and Olympic. :eek:

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    funny comments since i saw MAS defense was pretty good and KOR was doing most of the smashing. I presume that KOR didn't find the shuttles being too slow as they like smashing it.

5. eaglehelang

It worked when KKK/NHL was playing vs TWee Kiong K/WKhe Wei. In MD, it has worked vs Fu/Cai. I think you & I are talking abt different thing .
    As I've said, it could just be a signal to the partner. Denmark uncles JE/ML will hollar sthing in Danish.

The success or non sucess of the pair/player is not related to the shouting or non shouting part, many other factors involved - means I'm not bothered whether they shout or not, it's just a matter of style.

6. Firedrive

Firedrive Regular Member

Project Manager - Hotel Logistic
    Althoug the game of KKK & TBH is very entertaining and nice to watch but to be a champion, they just have to take the game more seriously.

Like yesterday, I believe that LYD was already tired like hell, playing the Mix Double first and then the MD Final. But in LYD & JSJ, you can see the fire in their eyses and the desire to win, regardless if they are leading or not.

Even the Malaysian coach looks like a joker with a big grin all the time in yesterday's final. Having fun is nice but only if you play a friendly. I am not surprise, if the players are having the same kind of attitude.

The Malaysian in general has to work on their mental toughness. Otherwise they will only be remembered as a bunch of great entertainers but definetely not champions.

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, I seldom saw any coach from other country look like that either.
    Even Misbun looked very commited during the match, but this one was a bit too relax.

I remember there was a report of an interview to Tan Kim Her about his experiences coaching in Korea, there was one time during training, he try to make a joke to his players, but it end up no body is loughing with him, everybody still training very seriously.....that what we call disciplin in sport, to be serious in your training, when u play and to produce results....;);)

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    human tend to remember and expanding the truth they just experienced but not some old memory.

lyd is tired doesnt mean koo/tan is not tired

people tend to remember the taxing xd match
    and yes
    it is a fact
    BUT
    koo/tan is playing their 18th md matches in 4 weeks(didnt include koo 10 xd matches)
    and lyd/lhj made and early exit last week
    lyd/jjs is playing their 10th md match in 2 weeks(didnt include lee 7 xd matches)
    my point is
    they are atleast EQUALLY tired
    u cant demand anything more from them
    no more juice already
    still wanna squece squece:)

9. eaglehelang

Looks can be deceiving. Rosman normally no expression, he not smile2 like that, maybe to encourage them cool cool, dont kan cheong.
    Rexy nowdays look too kan cheong. Pang is normal serious.
    Rexy kan cheong, also got people complain, Rosman smile stimes also got ppl complain. Even Pang also, gesture2, aslo got people complain.:rolleyes:

Hiyaa, almost forgot, original topic was abt the change racket issue, that one close case already.:p

Errr, KKK/TBH wanted to withdraw from China SS originally. Rosman said wanted to ask Rexy permission for them to withdraw but dunno why, in the end they participate.

#29 eaglehelang, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  10. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    I dont agree with you. Players are different 1 from another. How about Sigit? What if you ask him to stop doing all those kinds of trick shots? Yet he is still a legend. Grinning and all does not mean that a player doesnt take the game seriously.

All said, "Sigit is an entertainer but he is a champion as well". So are KKK/TBH

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh,is it?
    haiya
    should have give a walkover to lee/jung lah;)
    they play not serious on court for 77 minutes for what?
    can earn more kah?end up,people complaining not playing serious in their 18th games in four weeks(tan only,kkk played 28 in 4 weeks);)

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    as the top four ss winner and yet people are complaing
    maybe some of koo/tan supporter want them to be dominant:p

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think their coach is partly to blame for choosing the incorrect strategy (to tire out lyd) and not timing it right for kkk/tbn to change tactic, if at all.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    both are tired and try to tired opponent is kinda stupid if one is thinking about that is the strategy they use and if they are indeed using that strategy
    it will be another malaysia boleh for the coach;)
    tire out opponent is a strategy that can only apply when u are fresher than ur opponent,but i dont think koo/tan is fresher
    atleast for me:)

15. eaglehelang

In this aspect, I prefer it when Pang accompany KKK/TBH. His tactic/strategy wise is better than Rosman me thinks.

Oh no! Not the 'dominant' word again. LYD/JJS (in MD lah) not yet win WC or OG also their strong supporter use the "D" word. :p:D

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Tired or not. equally tired or not, they lost,....in this case LYD/JJS is so dominant over KKK/TBH as they have beaten kkk/TBH every time they met this year.............

KKK/TBH have to try something else..........i think..

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Helang, I agree with in this one..........;)

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sure
    can go to celebrity
    artist
    what for play more than 1000+ minutes and end up
    still not statisfy and and been say not serious
    LETS FUZZY LEAD MALAYSIA MD CHALLENGE THEN
    jasonmarc boleh!

in my point of view
    demanding koo/tan to win co is like kill the goose to take that golden egg;)

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yup. Because their(mas training base is in KL and always very hot). while Korea might be used to it already since Korea have winter;);) But mas no.

#39 george@chongwei, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I wonder why nowadays Rexy is not with them guiding them in international tourney?:confused: Oh ya, perhaps, Rexy doesn't wanna give them pressure. But in yesterday's match , i could see Rosman Razak so cool chewing his chewing gum in his mouth aka Alex Ferguson style watching koo/tan's match behind them:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.