Why LD lose unexpectedly?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by jumpjump, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    Look i dont particularly care about the hat incident. It's a free country. people are allowed to have mood swings and do whatever they want.

Lin Dan had just lost to an opponent who normally wouldnt have posed much of a threat (no disrespect), You cannnot expect him to be in a particularly good mood. Its not like he threw a racket into the crowd or refused to shake hands or swore at his opponent, he had just lost for heavens sake.

For whatever reasons that Lin Dan lost, he will continue to have my support. I think his character and style is great for the sport as very few players actually express their emotions on court.

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    hmm.. the world #2 not posing much of a threat.. :confused: :p ..the word hybris comes to mind :)

/Twobeer

3. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    What are you talking about?

LD did not lose to LCW who is the world # 2 see official rankings.

He lost to a young korean.

So yeah not much of a threat.

4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Yeah not much of a threat.... i bet he thought the same thing too before losing to TH in AG and to PSH in MO. :cool:

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

So LD's the only one with the Yonex contract or the only one afraid of breaching the contract? (The 'hat' is for all finalists and symbolises their achievement as great 'warriors'. It's an honour, like knighthood bestowed upon by the Queen.)

6. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

he just lost, he was outplayed. his own fault, probably underestimated his opponent or just tired physically/mentally. plus world number ones don't always win.
    tiger woods, michael shumacher (before he retired), roger federer, zhang ning for that matter.

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Yes, try erasing this emotionally-charged image of someone being symbolically knighted by your Queen and he symbolically slapped her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.