Why LD lose unexpectedly?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by jumpjump, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    perhaps msia isn't a good place for him to play badminton haha....

2. Titan

Titan Regular Member

he's getting old laa I think...now it's the time for Park Sun Hwan, Chen Yu, Chen Jin to shine...the youngsters...

3. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    ^^

Chen Yu is actually quite a bit older than even Lin Dan, by like maybe 2-3 years. I see him more as a giant killer or a player that spring surprises by bringing some top seeds down instead of being a championship contender.

It's not like LD lost to some unknown, rookie player who we've never seen before. Park Sung Hwan is probably Korea's 2nd best MS player now and also a former world junior silver medallist so he's no cakewalk. But at the same time, it is shocking to see LD lost relatively tamely in 2 straight to somebody who's not Taufik. It's been quite a while since he lost this early in a tourney.

But maybe to LD, the main thing here was he got his revenge...

4. darenong

darenong Regular Member

u forgot this

Park Sun Hwan : who's your daddy now ! kids go play far far away ... daddy's got business to take care ....

:p :p :p

5. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Ha..ha.. BTW, how old is Park SH? Koreans are known to have great fighting spirits and can come up with surprises tho' not consistently.

On a more serious observation, I think the Chinese team are not really well-conditioned for this MO. It's bitterly cold in Beijing this season. Some of the players couldn't make the trip because they are not well, some came and fell sick along the way. The rest who are surviving the tournament are probably not 90% fit although they are silent so as not to give their opponents the extra confidence. The men's divison is very competitive and if you are not up to the mark on that particular day you will not see thru' it unlike in the women's where the gap is still significant.

6. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Another thought,

I think LD lost because he was overconfident.Somehow I feel that at the back of his mind he must have thought if it win TH.The title is mine...He was wrong very wrong.The korean must has hit him where it hit mosts

7. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    Lin Dan is great. He is a complete player. More to come from him in 2007.

But i think in Malaysia, he is Lin DONE!

Just kidding! :p

8. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    it may have been mental exhaustion or physical exhaustion. it may be lin dan was outmanuvered. it may be he was not feeling well. it may be the fact that the crowd was making it hard for him. it may be he was not playing his 100%. it may have been a lot of things. but the bottom line is, he is defeated. i thought park played a great game judging from the way he made lin dan scramble all over the court. i never really expect anyone to make it to the final. not even lee chong wei, even though i would love for him to win again this year. not even taufik because he had lin dan in the first round. not even lin dan because he had taufik in the first round. one thing about this NSS, anybody on a good day could make an upset. so no, it was not unexpected for me.

9. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

your Lin Done was very funny! :p :p

10. kontrabando

kontrabando Regular Member

IT Manager
    :)

Lin Dan lost because Park Sun Hwan reached 21 points first and was ahead by more than a point for two consecutive sets...Otherwise, LD would have been the winner. :D

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Malaysia Open 2007 : Lin Done is undone

Hi bic33,

Yes, "Lin Done" is indeed funny...... but too sarcastic ! :p:p:p

But to DinkAlot......

I hope that Lin Dan will play for his fans too, not just for himself, his teammates or his coach.

I should think that to make Badminton the most popular racket sport, all professional players should look after their fans first.

Idealistic...... Yes, still some will say. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

12. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Am not quite sure if overconfident was the factor. I think he was ill prepared for this tournament tho' the papers mentioned he was ready. After his win over TH, LD was quoted to say that there are hurdles to clear. There was no indication of confidence in him taking the MO title.

However, a fallen LD is a dangerous LD. This guy has bounced back time and again and has proven to be devastating at times. This is only the 1st leg of the 12 series. One can never tell as the men's division is highly competitive. We may see a resurgence of LD in Korea, more of TH in other tournaments (hope he keeps in word) and more dark horses.

13. Angelou

Angelou Regular Member

I can accept criticizm but calling me plain stupid is just promoting hate. I don't think this comment is appropriate.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, btw, i wonder..

...have you guys take a look @ the Korean Open MS draw??..I noticed LinDan is playing Kendrick Lee in the 1st round ..Is that a #1 vs. #12 seeded match, just like in this MO??..
    *Btw, i was giggling looking at LinDan's pic "sleeping" on the floor..hehe:D :p He might as well stay on the court and "sleep" thru the rest of the day..:p :D ;)

15. darenong

darenong Regular Member

angelou no offence but from ur statement it seems that ld not win in indonesia n malaysia and in whichever country where the fan will boo him and the media will bomb him in order to save face ..... ? seriously ... i think ld is a great player but he is not a legend like how some real sports athlete like mohammad ali, pele etc etc and there is no need to 'save face'

16. block306

block306 Regular Member

This is so funny!!

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    lindan lost.

Just give credit to the Korean lar....:D
    How do you feel if you are in the Korean position??:crying:
    Win some loose some. Thats the beauty of the game.:D

Anyone can PM me on what time the semi starts?
    Also anymore tickets available for sale?
    Appreciate it. (Orang Malaysia di KL, mana lu? tolong la.)
    rgds

18. matt_att

matt_att Regular Member

FM
    I prefer to say, Lin Dan and TH loss is because they want to make forum more active and fun, everytime they loss, someone will start with why so and so loss in what and what .... ha ha .... and the thread will lass for many many page until it been blocked ....:D :D :D :D :D :D Lin Dan and TH love the forum!!!!;) ;) ;) ;)

19. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Only LD himself knows best why he failed. For all us, we have to ACCEPT that all great players have their BAD days and LD is no exception.

"Superdan' was given by the media not LD himself. World No. 1 was not given on a silver platter to LD - he attributed his success to his hard work & discipline.

Tho' I do not condone the behaviour of booing from the spectators, uncalled for remarks from players and impartial reports from media, I have to ACCEPT that these 3 will exist as long as the world exist. And dear old LD has to ACCEPT that as long as he is World No. 1, he will attract envy & critics and is the player every other player wants to beat.

20. sherlyn

sherlyn Regular Member

LD was perfectly fit when he defeated taufik and the same when he was defeated by PSH. Sick is defineatly not the excuse. This sounds unfair to PSH.

I used to like LD but not until I saw him smashing his racquet onto the floor and refused to don a traditional hat (the hat which only worn by the natives' hero during those days) during the prize giving of MO2006. That was really rude and disrespect to the natives :mad:
    Dad & bro dislike him starting that day too.. Nvr forget that moment :( His attitude's making me so shocked -> disappointed -> ANGRY!

#60 sherlyn, Jan 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.