Why LD lose unexpectedly?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by jumpjump, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Although I barrack only for Malaysian players, I think LD is not bad after all. I noticed his smile and friendliness towards Taufik this time. A great man is one who can change if he thinks he is wrong.

2. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    :) Well said!Everyone deserves second chance!
    Back to topic,OK!!Park played better this time!
    Big clap for him!:D
    [​IMG]

3. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

I am not a Malaysian but I believe in respecting other cultures. Like you & perhaps the rest, I was equally shocked at LD's behaviour and I can understand your family's reaction. I used to admire TH some years ago until he 'bashed' up his own Indonesian fan & more recently his hostility towards the lines man (HKO) & at LD in the JO 2006 & the unwarranted remarks.

As long as LD shows regrets and does not repeat it, I think I should be more forgiving & merciful. I want to enjoy & be entertained by the great performance of these 2 players and not let my mind dwell in anger or hate/dislike. It's just my views & I hope you will take it in the right spirit.

4. sherlyn

sherlyn Regular Member

Well, agree with u if he really regrets and shows improvement in his behavior. To be a professional player, he has to respect others too.

I don't really can expect his behavior if taufik had defeated him that day. If he can show his smile still, I'll change my mind.. fr :mad: -> :)

5. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

The third reason is not logic. WHy sould Lin Dan lose to a Korean Player?It is not that he is playing against his own teammate. Even if he won the match, the next opponent will be Kenneth Jonassen and not his teammate. If LYB has the plan of raising up their points, he would order LD to lose in a match between China players.

6. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    I dont understand this thread at all... I dont know why is TH always draged into discussion despite his early exit this time... and not to mention this thread is about LD not any other players.. so why bother discussing others???

Anyway, he lost like any other players with equal chance of losing.. theres no reason to it, just accept it and lets all anticipate for more exciting match ahead!:cool:

7. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Oh dear :crying: :( Not a good start for LD :crying: Thought he would have a great chance after beating TH :crying: But I was wrong :( :crying: ;)

8. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Dude u're funny man! :D:D
    But seriously LD has no luck in Msia, this is the 3 time he lost in Malaysia already. Well, Cai/Fu as well....

9. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i noticed that too, i think both players now have high respect towards each other which i think is very good.

10. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    Since you guys think that it is so funny, from now onwards, i will call lin dan, Lin DONE! :p :p :p :D :D :D

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    actually in chinese, Lindan is spoken as 'lum done' .

12. Angelou

Angelou Regular Member

Well said. And certainly not every player would care about saving face. I'm just speculating the possibility that he, perhaps gave the game up. Not to say that he didn't lose out right. I haven't seen the match, so I can't judge it well. And to be honest, I feel that all players are equal and that they have potential to win and lose depending on their concentration, their calmness and their skill. And so I don't regard Lin Dan as a legend, but I see Lin Dan as a person who works very hard to achieve his standard of play. When I saw the match between Lin Dan and Lee Hyun Ill, I thought it was a brilliant match where Lee was controlling most of the match. Lastly, I would say that most matches I've seen that were very inspirational were done on neutral ground. These places include the All England and Denmark. O and the only person I regard as a legend in the world of badminton is Tang Xian Fu

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i think ur a bit shallow.
    -LD threw (as in not broken) the racket onto the floor, it was TH who 'smashed' (as in breaking it) the racket to the floor.
    - since LD didn't win the MO, why LD has the wear the 'hero' hat? If u force someone to do something he/she doesn't like or believe in, aren't u more disrepectful of their culture and as a person? Don't label other people as disrepectful before judging his/her own action.

Sickness was just an opinion from a BF member, it wasn't an official reason given by the chinese team. BTW, PSH doesn't read this forum so u dont have to feel sorry for him

#73 cooler, Jan 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  14. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

your logic is that
    LD not MO champion 06, then need not to wear the 'hero' hat;
    my arguement will be
    LD not MO champion 06, then need not to receive the mock cheque

BUT....both the mock cheques and the 'hero' hats were meant for the finalist...u know, for the high spirit warriors, which I believe, LD is one of those...hope u got the point.

AND, I was in the stadium, and I saw with my own eyes, how LD refused the 'hat'...the picture remains in my mind...can't forget it

15. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    culture difference? i think that something you (and everyone) need to respect in

its respectful to give a 'hero' hat to LD (assume if you are saying he has fighting spirit), but you also need to respect his culture as well, he was certainly not a winner in the event, then why would he still need to wear such a symbolic icon?

just in case if you are using a different term with me, from wiki-dictionary(or whatever its called)
    the term mock:

[edit] Verb

to mock (mocks, mocked, mocking)
    1. to mimic, to simulate
    2. to make fun of by mimicking, to taunt
    3. to disappoint someone
    from your argument, if he is not being respected from the start, whats the reason for you to be mad if he doesn't comply? we are all human, super dan or duper 'done' :p

and for the word 'dan' and 'done'...
    it doesn't sound like "dan" in chinese, mandarin nor cantonese, sorry cooler :p

16. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

it has been a year now and let's get it over. I am sure LD is sorry for what he did, and he is just a human who make mistake too.

Wish the world can be more forgiving.;)

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i'm not questioning your photographic 1000 GB memory capacity, i'm questioning your processing power of your CPU.

18. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Ouch...:eek: That one hurts!!!:p

19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Well, Cooler, Have to say, that remark was a bit disrespectful!....

Anyway I think the "hat" issue may also have something to do that Yonex contracts usually have writings that players must wear a yonex cap with the YY visible at price ceremonies.. So LD could simply be afraid of breaching contract rules with Yonex..

/twobeer

20. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I do not think a low ranking of TH is neccesarily good for the Chineese players.. meeting Taufik in the early rounds for Bao, LD etc.. may not be a brillian idea :)

/Twobeer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.