2015 Yonex-Sunrise INDONESIAN Masters : Qualification to FINALS (1st-6th December)

Discussion in 'Scottish Open / YONEX RIO GP / Yonex Sunrise Indon' started by CLELY, Nov 30, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

INA Masters GP Gold always take place outside Jakarta, the previous editions staged in Samarinda, Yogyakarta, Palembang ;)

You're welcome :)

Day 2 tournament will start on 09.00am local time (4 court) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=4A8A3A43-948B-46F8-8C90-C1B980DE6179

The unexpected result for one of home mixed doubles seeded pair, Subaktiar/Widjaja who lost narrowly to their teammate Prasetya/Mahmudin yesterday.

Last year beaten finalist, Firman A.Kholik will meet tough opening round, Chinese back-up Qiao Bin also another local boys Pangisthu has an uphill task against Macau Open champion Jeon Hyeok Jin. Two Indonesian seasoned campaigners, Kuncoro and Yunus will face each other today. Unfavourable draw for local promising teen, Gregoria Mariska will take on top-seed and strong fave P.V. Sindhu at first round. Macau Open first round rematches will see Firdasari v Chen YF and Hartawan v He BJ.

#21 CLELY, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

will all MAS players survive this tournament without LCW?!

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Qiao Bin outplays last year runner-up Firman Abdul Kholik in first game, 21-7. A solid defense combined with various attacking shots by Chinese player.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

It's much better at second game, Kholik is starting to apply offensive style, 11-9 for young local player.

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

First round exit for Kholik as he lost narrowly in game 2, 21-23.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

HBJ is error-prone, so many unforced errors, either lifting long, smashing wide or finding the net; that's bad.

7. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Indonesian WS youngster go all out, neck to neck against the newly champion of Macau Open P.V Sindhu. Georgia stole the second game and now fight in the decider.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh they did it amazingly. Even with doing double duties most of the Malaysian players have survived today. The most notable result would be the newly formed MD Tan Kian Meng / Low Juan Shen winning their match as usual today. Another newly formed WD Chow Mei Kuan / Lai Pei Jing also won their match over a senior WD veteran player. Wow it seems that the newly formed young junior pairs are working magic. So unbelievable.

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I am not trying to belittle any player but trying to be fair to all the players. Throughout the tournaments so far I realised that Indonesian youngsters and Malaysian youngsters have really improved a lot. Malaysia have the new promising pair of Tan Kian Meng rising up as a good MD and XD player. Not forgetting Lai Pei Jing too. Indonesian have so many young rising MS coming up.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This Sukamta Evert is pretty good, esp his defence.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Shi Yuqi got to learn to construct his rally and time his attack well, good for his learning curve.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I feel that Shi Yuqi is a better and more thinking player than Lin Guipu. The way LGP played against Shafira just now, he would have lost to Evert, I think.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Firdasari retired in G2 at 4-9 to Chen Yufei, is she inured? Hope not too serious.

14. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    I really hope Muhammad Bayu Pangisthu to make a breakthrough.
    For me, he is way more talented than Ihsan and Ginting. He even has a pretty good record against Jonathan Christie in junior days.

Now it's up to him. He has all the tools and continue to develop outstanding skills to have a great badminton career. But his mental toughness is not up to it now.

15. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Firdasari has just announced that the match against Chen Yufei was her last match. She decided to be a coach in her badminton club in Jakarta. She is not the best from Indonesia, but she has done many for the national team. Thank you Firdasari!

16. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

He is 3 years older than Jonatan, no wonder about that positive record. It's true he has all the skill he needs. He just to be more serious to train and fight in every match. Heard somewhere Bayu is a very easy/funny guy, like to make jokes and laugh a lot. Could it be a factor?

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Sukamta strong defense frustrated Shi YQ at game 1. Then, I noticed before game 2 interval Shi YQ changed his game plan, more pro-active and he intercepted the rally several times with hard smash.

Yup, she mentioned at social media that INA Masters is her farewell tournament. Good luck Firda :)

ROUND OF 32 (MS) & 16 (all) (11.00am local time, 4 court) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=4A8A3A43-948B-46F8-8C90-C1B980DE6179

Local youngster Pangisthu stunned newly-crowned Macau Open winner Jeon Hyeok Jin, made the only big surprise of day-2 tournament. Top-seed Srikanth is expected to through into last sixteen and will meet either Qiao Bin or Goh Soon Huat. Home favourite Tommy Sugiarto has Chinese junior Lin GP and may face his senior Kuncoro for a place in quarterfinal. Defending champion Prannoy will be tested by Youth Olympic Games Champion Shi YQ who shows good development lately.

Top four seeds in women's singles category should pass second round, Indian rising star Sindhu was forced to play rubber games against local promising talent, Gregoria Mariska yesterday. Two last eight spots have been ensured by local players, Febe and Hera Desi are favoured to progress.

18. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    what ??
    jojo was born in 1997, and bayu was born in 1996.
    only 1 year older. M. Bayu Pangisthu was late in joining big club, that's why, he is a late bloomer compared to Jonathan. When just joined Djarum, he always faced a seeded opponent in early round, it's because he has no ranking, no experience in Sirnas.

His main problem is still mental toughness. We should wait. Next year, he will still be in Pelatnas, he should show some progress.

19. Scrubs1

Scrubs1 Regular Member

I finally did. We met at the local culinary restaurant, it's INA XD squad having lunch with Nova Widianto and One of the Mainaky brother. Kinda awkward to choose with whom I want to take picture with. But at least I finally kept t together and took pics with Liliyana and Owi.

Sorry for my unimportant story, lol.

Finally a surprise that doesn't involve Jonathan, Anthony, and Ihsan.

20. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

I always think that Bayu is even older than Ihsan who was born in 1995. Because of the height probably, my bad.

Today there are two youngsters born in 1999 playing. Wulan Cahya will be up against Sindhu. Mega Ciputra Vs Anthony Ginting. Good to see they can pass round one.