2015 Yonex-Sunrise INDONESIAN Masters : Qualification to FINALS (1st-6th December)

Discussion in 'Scottish Open / YONEX RIO GP / Yonex Sunrise Indon' started by CLELY, Nov 30, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The last MS player who passed second round is China new talent, Shi Yuqi as he ousted defending champion H.S. Prannoy, 21-12 / 20-22 / 21-13.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Pangisthu downing Jeon HJ followed by Seo SJ is quite impressive.

K Srikanth narrowly escaped being scalped by another INA young player. Looks like more and more INA players are becoming a bane for K S, strangely.

Lin Gupu did creditably against INA top gun Tommy,esp in the first two sets, losing the 3rd set not unexpectedly due more to his inexperience and impatience. LGP can be temperamental at times.

Shi Yuqi is proving to be a promising up-and-comer, adding H S Prannoy under his belt together with K Tago and Lee D K previously.

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Shi Yuqi- the next Lee Chong Wei.....Jeeaayuuuuuuuuuuu.

4. Pirayeba67

Pirayeba67 Regular Member

Head hunter
    Well done Shi, 石弟弟( brother rock). Having said that I must say I am loosing my patience with LYB. Where are zhao Junpeng, Zhou Zeqi and Liu Haichao? Why are they not sent to participate, not even in Macao? Surely you know that Liu Haichao nearly beat WJ champion, Lu Jia Hung, in this year's AJC. If only President Xi loves badminton as much as he loves soccer, you will be called up to be given an earful . Talking in jest only. Haha...

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah man, if only Xi Jinpeng loves badminton as much as soccer, maybe Li Keqiang loving badminton will do as well.

True, CHN has so many promising juniors who are denied opportunities for international exposure compared with their peers in other countries. I guess the internal competition even among the juniors is so intense, only a select few at a time get lucky. That's quite unfortunate as there are many Level 4 senior international tournaments such as GP, International Challenge , International Series, they can go to, as routinely practiced by other nations.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

And what a surprise the newly formed young Malaysia WD of Lai Pei Jing / Chow Mei Kuan I working magic again. This time they won again versus another Indonesia WD an are both trough to play in the WD quarterfinals tomorrow.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good you say the next Lee CW, not Lin Dan. For me, the GOAT epithet is fit only for Lin Dan, and will be for at least another two or three decades, so I won't compare anyone to him so lightly, not even for the term Female Lin Dan for any rising WS players.

8. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Hear Hear. Look at the number of INA juniors here. They even play at the U15 tournaments. LYB is only interested in the Olympics not the future of china Badminton. If you take care of the young talents the gold medals will be within sight. What short sightedness!!
    Z. Junpeng is a good example of this.Where is he? In detention class for beating the established players?

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You see, HBJ wins a few points brilliantly and then gives away a few easily. Who does she think she is, Zhao Jianhua ?

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I guess the final outcome will be He Bingjiao winning the match over Lee Jang Mi. She played much better than the Korean WS.

11. Pirayeba67

Head hunter
    You are right my friend. By the way my apologies to those who don't understand Mandarin. I called Shi brother rock because his surname , 石, means stone or rock. I choose rock because he has a solid defense .

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

HBJ is so fond of hitting long,I suggest she trains more with Chen Long.:p:D

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Another one fond of 'long', Chen Xiaoxin.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

About 7 pts given away 'long' by CXX in first half of G2, so good of her.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Is the drift in the stadium so excessive that she doesn't know how to adjust ?

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Seems like there is excessive drift at the stadium. After winning the first set convincingly, Kim Hyo Min now finds it difficult to win the second set. Now second set tough fight 13-12.

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Anyway congratulations to Kim Hyo Min for winning the match today despite the excessive drift at the court. Hope she can win the WS title here. Umm just joking...

#77 blabl, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  18. Pirayeba67

Head hunter
    CXX, another Guang Xi gu niang like TYT and with almost the same physique , is a hard hitter and is quite fast. Probably didn't know how to pace herself judging by the scores in the last 2 sets. I was just following live score. No live streaming for me. Anyway her opponent is not Indonesia's best for nothing. I believe CXX has learnt something from this match.

#78 Pirayeba67, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Right, CXX had better learnt fast, so many shorts hit long, and smashing wide several times by a mile when under no real pressure. There's really no substitute for experience.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

An upset of sorts? Soo Teck Zhi stopped Mustofa, the young INA hopeful.