Thaihot CHINA Open SS Premier 2014 : FINALS (16th November 2014)

Discussion in 'Korea / China Open 2014' started by CLELY, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Jorgensen beat Lin dan twice before Lin Dan beat him again in the quarter finals. Let's take it as I don't see Lin dan can lose to the same player 3 times in a row !

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, we all know that as it was reported and discussed in the respective tournament threads and the Lin Dan thread which someone has posted a video of him undergoing knee effusion extraction, twice according to Lin Dan, and he was forced to rest for several days before coming to the CHN Open.

In addition, as I've reported before, Lin Dan tested his knee a couple days before the start of this tournament before deciding to give it a go as he didn't want to disappoint his fans back home and the tournament is held in Fuzhou where BAYI Team (of which he's a member) of PLA (he's a PLA soldier) is located. The doctor who treated his knee said he's recovering well but not fully and Lin Dan himself during a pre-tournament interview claimed he is about 70% fit and hoped he gets better as the days go by.

I'm curious to see how he'll fare at next week's HK Open, his first back-to-back SS tourneys since his comeback. When even LCW who never took a hiatus is finding it tough to handle back-to-back tourneys, I'm interested to see how a 70-80% fit 31-yr-old Lin Dan can do it.

3. arctan27

arctan27 Regular Member

lol thats annoying. thanks for letting me know!

4. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Agree. Thats why he is God, and will always remain so. Today was not his day. But cant say it was just the knee issue. In that case, CTC would have beaten him comfortably. Srikanth deserves all the credit.

Those who are saying this is not Lin Dan's natural game, please accept the fact that this is how he likes to adapt with his age. Frankly, I find this defensive LD more dangerous than the attacking LD of 2008.

5. arctan27

arctan27 Regular Member

then why did u mention that it was CTC who was to blame for LD's knee injury at the french open? lol.

anyway, where did you watch the interview? there really needs to be a better website catered for badminton fans. the bwf website and others are pretty ****. itd also be good if there was a way of knowing which tournaments each player is thinking about participating in instead of waiting for the draw each time (for my own planning purposes lol).

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Srikanth level i would say has reach around 90% of Jorgensen , if he would be no 1 or top 3 , from now on he has to win all super series , & also the premier Tournament!

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It should be clear to you I wasn't the one who revived the debate/argument. Apparently, I couldn't prevent others from responding to your posts, all I did was thank him for his support. If you're not happy, you can continue the debate with him but I see he's explained to you his stand and said sorry. Nothing personal, we only talked about the issue, not your personality. Methinks, you're overreacting. Cool it.

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Well it would be too early to say that..
    I saw a post about KM and KS referring either of them as Future WR#1 but I strongly feels he is very inconsistent and once he loose his belief he bites rhe dust tamely..
    He need to work on otoh I never found JOJ And TS that good .SWH and KT are better players but its not going good for KT this days

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My bad, I mean the R1 of the Denmark Open PSS with CTC.

I see that you're a new member, welcome aboard. Actually, this forum has a lot to offer on anything relating to badminton. You may post a question or request for news on any player, for example, and anyone who knows may answer your query. This is the Players Thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/80-Professional-Players , and this is Lin Dan's Thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/19303-Lin-Dan-(-林丹-)/page310 Regarding the Lin Dan interview, it was reported in an article I quoted in Lin Dan's thread and/or the tournament thread here.

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Even I apologized from my side as well as arctan..I don't want/expect you to do the same..
    But please stop it I am not interested anymore as I mentioned...
    Its not over reacting that was harsh indeed and I found myself hurt from that..
    Eventually I get back to my composure..much aad

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe CTC will be a very tough opponent for K Srikanth. After watching the CTC vs Lin Dan semifinal yesterday and the replays of his matches with Hu Yun and Tommy Sugiarto on youtube, thanks to Azzam, I must admit CTC is very promising and impressive, he's progressed by leaps and bounds the last one month.

Just that I don't want to jump ahead of myself and make any speculative assessment of his future until he shows me several consistent results going forward. For me, he has to beat Lin Dan or Chen Long or Lee CW at least once when each of them is fit and playing well before I'd say how good he really is.

Remember Tian Houwei beating Lee CW for the first time at the AUS Open 2013? Many of us including myself got carried away and thought he might be the next big thing but look what happened one and a half years later? He only got into the top 10 at No.9 on Oct 23rd 2014 but with inconsistent results, far below what I expected.

So I prefer to rein in my excitement whenever I see somebody suddenly springs up with a big win until he or she achieves more consistent results. Very few can be like LXR whose rise was meteoric, a linear straight line to the top and stays there for such a long time,and still going strong, truly exceptional.

#451 Justin L, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  12. kruntil

kruntil Regular Member

in indonesia/jawa srikanth is female name.

it's srikandi the wife of arjuna/janaka/permadi.

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    In India srikanth is a surname(basically of south indians) his name is kidambi..
    We also have a renowned cricketer K srikanth..k stands for krishnachari

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    That's not srikandi... sikandi.... one of the main/important character in Mahabharatha, one of the two epics in india. Yep. Sikandi is female name but not srikanth .. it's one of the name given to lord krishna in india.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    My guess will be CTC to prevail. It can be incredibly difficult to go from winning a tournament to producing a good run the week after even for world no.1's. If KS does do that, then everybody will really have to sit up and notice him as the serious kid in town. Unfortunately, I haven't seen his recent performances. Just gives me the impression of having some really good plays, but not stable with it, from what I have seen before. CTC seems to be a bit calmer.

16. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Srikanth did exceptionally well and deserved the win over LD. But it would be very hard for him to come down for that height to do well again in HK.

At the same time, CTC was on a long and tiring great run that just came to a sudden halt. It would also be questionable whether he can get his second wind so quickly.

Of the two, CTC is a more complete player and Srikanth is capable of upsetting when the opportunity presents itself. CTC has the upper hand.

17. *___*

*___* Regular Member

Surprised to see such a low crowd attendance. Surely more people from Fuzhou like watching badminton than that!?

Yoo Yeon Song was the player of the week for me.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=7]Cheung[/MENTION]
    You didn't watch Srikanth vs LD?

You should. He played really well. Especially at the net, he was able to match LD shot for shot. Many times he had LD going the wrong way and scratching his head with tight cross court net shots and several wonderful reverse inside out forehand net shots.

Game 1 would have been closed sooner by Srikanth if he didn't go crazy on the power when going for the sidelines, which he hit out an inch or two at least 6 times. Game 2 he learned his lesson and used controlled power going for accuracy.

At no time did he show emotions, I'd say he controlled himself even better than CTC. Seeing them both play against each other would be great as CTC proved himself with a great run of wins over several weeks. But Srikanth winning over the great LD in LD's home country (and home province !) is no small feat indeed. This despite some posters excusing LD for his recent knee injury, but imho especially when LD reaches a final in the past few years, he almost never loses. So, I'd say that Srikanth's win was a good one.

#458 visor, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  19. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I agree. The tide is in CTC's favour.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I am still a doubter so far. Having seen LD's knee being aspirated, I don't think LD really is in a good shape. LD manages to get to the final even with a recent knee problem and frankly, that's amazing enough. Sure, if KS sends LD scrambling; that's good play but was it the quality of the shot or because LD has some restriction. Difficult to seperate out the reasons. Undoubtedly, KS is an excellent player amongst the Indian ranks. One that really looks to have the skills to take into the top five. Yet stability in a game is an important quality in a player. Your post only reaffirms he can be up and down in a game. In some games, the ups don't compensate for the downs.

For LD, I reckon he shouldn't play in HK. Strengthen the knee and make sure it doesn't react badly. Make sure there are no other injuries.

Yes. LD almost never loses a final, but he has never been hampered by a knee injury either.